MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zulu [Changeling] [Completed]

2 posters

Go down

Zulu [Changeling] [Completed] Empty Zulu [Changeling] [Completed]

Post by Zulu Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:53 am

=Information=
Name: Zulu
Species: Changeling
Dislikes: Spiders, Complications, Starvation, Traps
Astrology?: :Libra: 
Special Talent: Quick Adaptability
Minor Talents: Acting, Quick Learner
Alignment: Neutral, but leaning more to the Rebels

=Appearance=
Height: 4'3"
Coat Color: Black
Mane/Tail Color: Grey
Eye color: Blue
Cutie/Glyph Mark: N/A

Picture:
Spoiler:

=Bio=
Personality: Zulu is an adventurous type of changeling, but she's also cautious, being caught in more scrapes than she cared to remember had taught her never to let her guard down. This made her into an efficient scout.

Her talent for acting helped lure prey into the jaws of the hive. Although she feels empathy for their catch, she knew it was a necessary sacrifice. After all, it was either them or the hive, and she knew what came first.

She may not be as smart as some other changeling, but the time she spent on the field had made her a faster thinker which made it easier to adapt to unexpected situations. Though she still had a long way to go compared to the more experienced hive officers. Zulu has a knack for remembering routines which helps with impersonations and performing technical operations.

History: Zulu was one of the lucky ones to get out alive after the Griffons found their outpost, although she was low on nourishment at the time of the attack. She broke down in some forest where she thought she'd meet the same fate as the rest. The hivemind was quiet, which worried her, but that was soon going to be the least of her worries.

A small band of ponies happened to pass by her. She could tell they were debating whether or not to kill her, but she was too weak and couldn't do anything but just lie there. There were a couple more hoof falls closing in on her.

There were four of them now surrounding her. But instead of the cold caress of the edges of their weapons, she felt herself being levitated off the ground and carried away. One of them, a white pegasus showed her a picture of a mare and told her to change her appearance.

Zulu put on the disguise with what she could spare, and just in time as a group of griffons blocked the ponies' advance. At the sight of a wounded mare, and with the sob story the ponies fabricated, the guards let them pass.

The next thing she knew, she was under the covers of a comfy bed. She could see one of the ponies who rescued her glaring at her direction. He didn't seem to want anything to do with her, but that was understandable.

It came as a surprise to her that the other three welcomed her warmly, and thought they were other changelings in disguise. They weren't, they were just regular ponies. She found out later that they were supporters of the pony rebels, but aren't actively working with them, presumably to keep low profiles. They lived in different parts of the city. Zulu was staying with the mare of the group who ran a shop that was selling trinkets and small toys. But the shop was also a place for machine, tool and weapon repair. Mostly used by ponies since Griffons had their own better-equipped repair station and only visited to window shop or wreck the place.

But why did they keep her there? From what they told the changeling, they needed more numbers, and they hoped to get the changelings to join, but there was a catch. The main branch of the rebellion wasn't really looking for the changelings, rather, it was just these four --five, she later found out-- ponies hoping to recruit them.

They weren't sure if it was a good idea yet with tensions still running high after the botched Canterlot invasion, so they took it upon themselves to try it out without the knowledge of other rebellion members. They allowed her to freely go out and she could escape anytime she wanted, but Zulu saw a greater opportunity there.

She still keeps her ties with the hive, planning to get unsuspecting victims out of the city and into a web of changelings, but didn't dare think of selling out the ones who saved her life. This place was unforgiving, that was true, so she needed at least some friends to be there. Other changelings would have sufficed, but with the hive's dwindling population, she couldn't risk getting anyling killed or captured.

For now she'd have to keep low and pick off easy targets for the hive. She'd be helping the rebellion when the time comes. There was bound to be wounded on both sides, and a skirmish with changeling insurgents on both sides will benefit the hive greatly. But for now, she'd just have to keep acting like a shop assistant. Luckily, the shop owner didn't seem to mind her leading ponies and Griffons alike away to their sleep in cocoons.

Special Skills/Abilities/Spells Descriptions: Changeling basics. Specializing in Transformation, weaker crash shield.

Personal Timeline: (once the character begins posting, keep track of the posts here.)

Last edited by Zulu on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zulu

Back to top Go down

Zulu [Changeling] [Completed] Empty Re: Zulu [Changeling] [Completed]

Post by Syron Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:26 pm

A changeling... well, I'll be honest with you: This is going to be difficult, and it's not even your fault. The changeling lore was supposed to be rewritten ages ago, but through unfortunate circumstances (and slacking staff, sorry Zulu [Changeling] [Completed] 3299596697) it hasn't happened yet.

So, what does that mean? Basically it means that you get a chance to design the lore to your liking. We don't know you, and you're currently lacking knowledge in the other lore we have (for example you seem to assume that the rebellion is already going for quite some time, while it's actually only two weeks old), so I would work with you and make sure you don't produce something we'd have to decline. This is of course, if you want to do it. If not, the new changeling lore will be put on highest priority anyway, I'm sure there are some contributors who'd like to help.

Okay, now to the actual CS. For the moment I can't give an approval, but that doesn't stop an evaluation. First of all, I like the feeling of this character. However, as already mentioned, it clashes with canon in some points. To be precise, unless your whole history happened within the last two weeks of RP, you're talking about a different rebellion than everybody else on the site. There has been another rebellion in Fillydelphia some years ago, but it got wiped out (beware of Johan Tercel). For information on the current rebellion, I suggest looking here, there is a link to the founding story and to the leading characters (you should stay away from Silvern Gleam if you don't want to be identified as changeling).

Other than that... I think that was it. The easiest way to deal with this contradiction would be to let those ponies not be rebels at first (at least not member of a bigger rebellion) but let them join as soon as it's founded, which would be two weeks ago (night to dec 1st). But seeing that we'll have to talk about underlying changeling lore anyway, that's of minor importance right now.

So, what do you think? Want to give writing the lore a shot?
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Zulu Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 am

D'OH!

I shouldn't have skimmed that much >.>

I read the timeline but apparently I didn't give much notice to the dates. Only 2 weeks? I was way off. But I think I can still make it work. Four out of five I've mentioned are already previously thought up ocs of mine. They're all from Manehattan, but one of them, the mare, moved to Ponyville and the other three traveled back and forth to other places, so they could have been part of different rebellions and found each other again on their way to their hometown.

The fifth is new, and pretty much flexible. (I'll just have to decide which ones to make a playable character and which ones are going to be NPCs. I don't think I can handle 6 characters at any one time.) But that is of course if it works for the site, else I can still change things around.

And I can give lore-writing a shot. I'm pretty good at that stuff if I get enough time to myself. I'm up for it, though hopefully, there wont be any more school activities that requires me to go there on a Saturday >.<

Zulu

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Good to hear. Do you have Skype? If yes, please add me: iijigsawii (dispay name: Syron). If you're not using Skype, we can take it to PM. There already are some ideas present that would need discussion and there'sthe question if the comics should be included.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Zulu Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 pm

I have Skype, expect an invite by someone named "Digital Ghost" or "Digital Changeling" whichever shows. I haven't read the comics, so I think I'll have to catch up on that.

Zulu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down