MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated)

+9
Lance
Onyx
bluestar
Gypsy Resonance
Shady Silhouette
Quicksilver
Silvern Gleam
Double Edge
Steel Strike
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated) Empty Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Nov 12, Year 4

(Welcome to the organization of the Rebels thread. Please wait to post, until the speech is done. Then any ponies willing to participate in said events, can. Any other species are welcome, as long as they have a canon reason being there, and their timeline is clear.)

November 12th, 6 PM
Year 4 in the griffon occupation of Equestria.

Steel Strike, the Smith, trotted down the street. He had just said goodbye to his marefriend, Megabyte Stream, still in the hospital from a griffon attack. Well, more like a brutal assault. It was part of the reason he even was out and about. It pained him to leave her, but he had to. He was going to be as productive a member of the rebellion as possible. He trotted about looking for a sign up sheet, a sign, anything that hinted at a rebel base. However, he saw no signs, no ponies preaching, not anything to suggest there was a rebel faction at all. Except the city under the city.

He trotted over to a black stallion, with a black and purple mane style. He seemed like a rebel, and he was almost sure he'd have some clue as to how to sign up. "Um, Excuse me, Sir. Where can I join up?" he asked, in a confident, yet polite and tone.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated) Empty Re: Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated)

Post by Double Edge Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Double raised his eyebrow as a grey unicorn came up to him. Turning his head to the side, he tried to fully grasp what exactly the unicorn was asking. A place to join up? Was he talking about the rebels? Double hadn't really thought of starting a form of sign up or anything like that. Not because it wouldn't necessarily be a good idea to get more ponies involved in the cause. It was mainly because of the fact that some down here would more than likely sell their mother for a few spare bits, and in the deeper reaches of Undermarket, some actually had.

That wasn't to say that he hadn't gone around doing some, recruiting of his own. Dawn, Mega, a few others he had heard about, that followed the ideology of the rebels and even called themselves that, though Double hadn't met them yet but would have certainly liked to. These were the makings of this rebellion. Sure not too impressive, but everything great thing started with small steps. Right?

Shifting his eyes, Double motioned for the pony to follow him, leading the unicorn to the nearest pub in Undermarket. Passerby's could definitely be a liability especially with how small this rebellion still was.

Though it was rather early in the evening, the bar was rather full of ponies of every type, some working, but for the most part, the rest were simply trying to drink, more than likely trying to forget the struggles of this world, and live in the memories of what the world had used to be.

Walking to the end of the bar, taking a seat away from the majority and into a more secluded portion of the building. The charcoal unicorn looked to the unicorn. "So, you wanted to know if there was a place to join? Well technically there isn't a straight up location, but you did happen to talk to the right pony, so count yourself lucky about that. Now who exactly are you?"

Below the table, Double slowly pulled a dagger from his set aside saddlebag. If this pony didn't ring well with him, something would need to happen. Things were still too fragile to let anything be to compromised.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 pm

"Steel Strike, Smith. I wanna help the rebellion any way I can. Thought you guys would be easy to find..." he said slightly disappointed. If there was one spot he expected the rebellion out in the open, it was here. At least he found the right colt for the job. He wanted more info at least.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Silently, Double Edge moved the dagger away. He decided to listen to this unicorn a little longer. He was a smith after all...that could certainly be useful in the long run. After all, armor breaks, weapons get dull, if they wanted to keep this from not happening, yeah a smith would be great addition. Already he could tell his two short swords would need some looking at since his fight a few days ago.

"Nice to meet you Steel," the charcoal said, his eyes refusing to break from Steel Strike. "My name's Double Edge. As for why we aren't really proclaiming ourselves right now? Its a lot easier for a population to back up an already established group, rather than that of a single ponies mad rantings. Especially now that we have a small victory under our belt. Its not much, but it certain is something. Now you said that you are a blacksmith. Do you have a smithy set up somewhere in Undermarket? Or whats your situation exactly? And your motivation?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:15 am

Steel sighed. "My motivation? Well, my marefriend, Megabyte Stream was assaulted recently. And I want to get revenge. She's been in the clinic for the past week...I have a smith downtown. Though hiding weapons probably won't be in my interest. I've been raided a few times back when I hadn't made this decision." He stopped and stared at the table. He had a thought, and decided to speak his mind. "Your crazy not to capitalize on the success of the rescue. Ponies were in an uproar. They need direction..." He didn't sound forceful, but it sounded like he was condemning the decision to come.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Protecting another, that was a motivation he could certainly get behind. Not only that, this pony was a good friend of Mega's. Stowing his dagger back into the saddlebag, Double nodded slightly as he listened to the rest of what Steel had to say. "Yeah, yeah I heard about what happened to Mega. Went by to see how she was doing a few times. Its stuff like that, that really burns me up. How the griffons think of us as just play things, that they think they can beat on without fear of repercussion."

Steel had been right about the pony population, though, after saving Ark's family, it seemed like all of Undermarket had heard of it in a single day. After that, Double didn't really know, but it had honestly seemed as if the whole place grew, a little lighter. "Its not that I don't want to capitalize on the whole thing, its more that I want us to have a solid and organized group before we get more to join. I was also hoping to add one more victory, this one a little bit bigger than simply crashing on someone's 'party'. But you may be right, we might need more before we try."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Steel nodded. "Any ideas of how we can get more ponies in on it? I know a lot of ponies will sign up on the spot. But we need a rallying cry, to draw ad many ponies possible. If this rebellion plans on getting ahead, it'll need plenty of ponies and other species that will help...The only question is thow to go about it it." He said as if the decision actually lied with him. He had found his way, to help though. And an idea began with his mind that lead to one of the most important events in the rebellion.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

"A rallying call? Well it might be rather unoriginal, but we can do just that. Here in Undermarket. Its not the safest, or best place in the world, but if we are trying to band together all those that don't like the Tsar or this whole situation. We have plenty of ponies here, and I do know of a diamond dog that was looking to join the cause. His name is Onyx. If I can find him that would be great. Aside from that there's numerous species here, just have to find them."

Double rubbed underneath this chin. He still needed to get the attention of people in the Undermarket, that would be the hard part. There were plenty of ponies, crazy, and going around spouting nonsense. They had to be the ones that went above the crazies, and proved to the people that this rebellion was right. "Steel in the way of magic, what are you able to do exactly? Cause we need to get the attention of the people, and in a big way."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:35 pm

"Well I know a sparks spell. Shoots red sparks up into the air. Figured learning it might come in handy if I was ever captured. But we'd get the best effect from a balcony of sorts. What do we do once they assemble?" He asked already having a response. But he had an idea of what he wanted to try. Still he didn't want to steal the operation from the stallion who had obviously invested a lot into this.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Double Edge continued to tap his chin thinking the entire thing over. Spark weren't a lot, but they certainly were something. He could maybe use his mirror spell to try and be more of a stereo system, or just to use it to amplify his voice. Not really its intended purpose but hey it was something. "Sparks could certainly work, and a balcony wouldn't be too hard to build, all it needs to do is last a little while after all. I have a spell that could maybe amplify my voice."

Chuckling as he realized Steel's next comment. "What we need to say? That shouldn't be too difficult to realize. We tell them what needs to be said, that Equestria is not gone, that we will do anything and everything to return this once proud nation back to its rightful place. That the griffons think that they have defeated us, broken our cities, our bodies, and burned our farms to ashes, but from those ashes we will rise from it like the phoenix, we will stand to the griffons and show them that they may have broken our buildings, our cities, but they have not broken our spirit, our hope, our determination for a new world. With each blow they think they have struck to us, it will simply empower our resolve. We are not afraid We will through off these shackles they've fitted on our nation!" Double stopped himself, tapping his hoof on the table, "You know something like that. I'm no speaker."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Steel looked to the pony. "That's very good. Maybe I could help you write a speech. The people need to hear this.." he said confident. He looked to the pony, who had rebellion in his eyes. He might come off a bit strong thought Steel as he ranted. That might give the wrong impression, if this speech didn't go well. "Would you mind if I gave the speech?" He asked. "No offense, but you come off a bit strong. We need to give the right tone, otherwise we might get a lot of ponies who think the rebellion are more crazies preaching." He said, already formulating the speech in his head.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Double Edge nodded his head. "Yeah sure Steel you can give the speech if you want. I really don't mind." In fact he was more thankful for Steel to want to stand up in front of the crowd. Like he had explained, he wasn't one to give speeches. In all honesty he didn't really know if he could. Talking to one pony, that was easy, but a large crowd? That was a little more difficult in his mind. "I can try to help with my spell if you are going to give the speech, but I've never really casted it on another. I actually don't know if it works that way....well we'll just have to wait and see. Won't we?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

Steel nodded. He had the speech, just not the ability. He put his hoof out for a hoof shake. "It sounds like a deal Double Edge. We have much work ahead of us. But we're working our way to a better tomorrow." He said, excited by the prospect. The thought of taking Equestria back was enough to make him jump for joy. However Steel remained professional, and began thinking of a speech.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Double grinned at the grey unicorns excitement. It was nice to see another openly wanting to help drive the remnants of Equestria toward a brighter future. Most he had seen simply complained and did nothing about it, or worse yet, didn't do anything at all. No complaint, no acting, they just simply moved on, as if everything was right in the world.

"Steel, I'm probably gonna need your help with making the podium or if we can just find enough boxes that could certainly work as well." the platform didn't necessarily need to look nice. Then again, nothing in Undermarket looked necessarily nice, or new. "Also it might be good if you started to carry around a weapon, if you don't already. Those running the surface probably won't look to kindly on us if this goes the way we plan. Don't want to be caught off guard."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm

*An hour or two later*
7:30 PM

Steel helped setup the finishing touches on the platform. It was on a second story balcony of a 'New' building constructed. Steel was surprised it was still standing. However, it was above the street, and above most of the Undermarket, which was important. He needed to be heard loud and clear.

"Is that the last thing?" asked Steel, wanting to make sure. He needed things to go good for this to happen. He'd been writing his speech for the last hour and a half. It was well written, and he hoped it did well. All they needed now was the attention.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Double nodded as he placed yet another flipped over crate below the balcony. Stepping up onto the makeshift platform, Double looked at the surroundings. Beside him were two other crates he had found during the time Steel and he had taken to set up, as well as find a sturdy two story building who's owner would allow them to use their house.

Looking back up to the balcony, the charcoal unicorn frowned slightly, he had wanted to find something to better decorate it. In the end they had only found a medium sized flag bearing the Equestrian flag. More than likely it had been owned by some patriotic citizen nearly have a decade ago. Now it was simply refuse, maybe this whole thing could one day give value to such a flag once more. For now however it would just be a nice place holder till a real flag was made.

Seeing that everything seemed set, Double Edge gave a silent prayer, this was a rather big moment. If Undermarket didn't accept this new faction of freedom fighters...then who would? It all laid on Steel's shoulders now.

Stepping up onto the box, Double Edge, focused his magic into the focal point of his horn. Immediately feeling the pressure in the back of his head as he began to push himself. His body flickered frantically as two mirror selves were projected onto the adjacent boxes. Not as clear as when he did just one, but for now it would work. Through the strain and pain in his head, Double spoke loud and clear trying to get the attention of those in front of him. "PEOPLE OF UNDERMARKET, PLEASE LEND US YOUR ATTENTION!"

{Break a leg Steel.} Double thought. This was the moment of truth.

Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Steel stepped up to the podium. He was extremely nervous, but it had to be done. It was necessary. He stared at the group below. It was mostly ponies with a few other species mixed in, which was perfect. Steel took a deep breath and launched a flare, getting the attention of ponies Dubs voice might have missed. He waited a few more moments, to let them gather. He then began.

"Ponies and species of all kinds! Lend me your ears! For four long years we have stayed under the rule of the griffons. We have witnessed, numerous atrocities commited under their rule. Ponies and other species being eaten, by the rich and poor alike. Not 12 years ago were we not a peaceful country? Rich, prosperous, making advances in magic, science and technology. And now? Just to live a free life we're forced to live underground, to avoid the eyes of the griffons. And look around you! Is this the Equestria we have to settle for now? Hayseeds to that!

If we're ever to reclaim what was once ours, we need to fight for it! Now I know many of you are hesitant....I myself was hesitant...But fighting the griffons doesn't mean open warfare. It means stopping the griffons where we can! Every little bit helps! Whether it's stopping the griffon supplies, or rescuing innocent civilians. We must slow the griffon onslaught, otherwise we will become mindless slaves and food to the griffons.

So if you stand for OUR Equestria! If you stand for the countless Ponies, Zebras, Mules and every other creature who has suffered because of the griffons. Stand for us! STAND FOR THE REBELLION!"

One word described the reception. Thunderous. He heard many ponies cheering and the calls of a few other species, which he couldn't place. He stepped down, and turned to Double, and placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Now, we begin, my friend." And with that he went downstairs. They needed to organize.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Silvern Gleam was on the way home through the Undermarket, her bags filled with the food she had just bought and her usual white scarf around her neck to cover her necklace from greedy eyes. She didn't expect anything special to happen and was looking forward to a silent and relaxing evening. When suddenly all ponies around were called to attention by somepony outside of the range of her magic sight, she almost didn't care to pay attention, but then decided to at least see what it was about first. When she found out, she certainly didn't regret it.

So finally the time had come. Finally somebody honestly tried to form a true rebellion, to take back what ponykind had lost. Silvern Gleam had heard of the recent commotions and had been eagerly waiting for more; this was what she had been waiting for. The speech was good, if there were appropriate actions to follow, she wanted to be part of it. She knew she could help. Magic was one of the big advantages ponies had over the griffons, and with her artifacts Sil was able to improve the magical capabilities of unicorns even farther, she would be a fool if she didn't use them to drive those damn birds out of her home country again.

While most others were still only listening, the yellow mare had found her way towards the source of the voice, as near as she could get. The two illusions caught her attention for a moment, but she decided quickly that those weren't interesting, considering what was going on right now. Apparently the pony speaking was standing above the crowd, a thorough look around with the help of her amulet told her that a building in construction was serving as podium. The unicorn who had first called for attention and who was apparently responsible for the illusions was standing below the balcony on some large objects Sil didn't care to analyze further. She pointed her silver, obviously blind eyes at the both of them, as well as her mental focus, as she was walking towards the entrance of the building and sat down, not yet entering while the speech wasn't over yet. If one of the unicorns looked at her, she would give a nod to signal that she was already with them. Yes, this might actually work. Of course she didn't know those ponies, didn't know how much ability was behind the words, and didn't know if putting her trust into this rebellion was a good idea, but it was the only decision that made any sense. If the rebellion failed, it didn't matter if Sil was part of it or not, then the whole Undermarket would probably be wiped out, and Sil along with it. If it succeeded, they would finally have a future again. The decision was final, she would put her trust in it and help in every way she could, and she could hardly wait to start with it.

When the speech was over, she went inside and approached the rebels. So, you want to kick their butts? I've been waiting for somepony to put up a real fight, she said. Her voice, her expression, everything about her showed the determination within her. I can't really fight myself, but you'll find the help I can offer quite useful. I’m Silvern Gleam, expert for enchantment analysis and modification and artifact merchant. Sign me up!
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Quicksilver watched, down in the Undermarket, as the unicorn made his speech.
'A re-invigoration of the rebellion? Hmph. That's probably what we need, there hasn't really been much fighting back. A reminder that we can, of what we're fighting for...'
Quicksilver smiled slightly, and muttered, "Stand for the rebellion. I can do that. As if I'd do anything else."
The Pegasus entered the building, planning on joining the unicorns' cause, thinking 'Y'know, that other unicorn looked familiar...'
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Dead
Profession: Serial Killer Victim/Professional Corpse

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm

eSteel was downstairs, getting ready to take down names. A yellow mare with silky eyes was first, as she stated how she could be useful. He decided that'd be a good way for everybody to present themselves. "Everyone! Form a line behind! State your name and how you can help!" He quickly grabbed a sheet of paper, and wrote down the mares details. He took another look at the amount of beings in the room. This is going to be a long night he thought. But definitely worth it.

(( You can either state your name and usefulness, or just state you came in with the intention of joining.))
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Shady lightly chuckles as she watched the speech take place, her dark coat nearly completely hiding her form in the shadows she had sat down to take a break in. She hadn't been expecting something like this to appear while resting. Seems luck was on her side today. Staying silent, she kept her ears at attention to listen to what the silly smith had to say. These little excuses for rebels always entertained her, but now it was more than ever.

As the speech concluded, the mare slowly stood up to her hooves and quietly made her way through the cheering crowd, managing to stay unnoticed during the jubilation. She took a spot in line, sneaking into the second spot, just behind a yellow mare she was unfamiliar with. Wiping the smirk off her face, she put on the most sincere facade she could, shifting on her hooves while waiting for her turn to face she smith she seemed to bump into quite often.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Sil had hoped she would have the chance to have a good talk with those rebels now, but quickly recognized that expectation as quite foolish. This was a mass recruitment and behind her many more ponies were entering the building or still waiting outside, there wouldn't be the time to have said good talk with everypony. She could accept that and simply nodded as the unicorn who had held the speech simply wrote down what she had said and stepped aside. She didn't leave completely though, but took off her saddlebags and sat down somewhere were she wouldn't be in the way. Maybe at some point she would have the chance to have her conversation, and maybe she would find somepony familiar in the line of recruits.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Steel looked at the next mare. "Ah didn't expect to see you here Shady. I have something for you!" He rummaged around a nearby saddlebags, till he produced the necklace. He gave it to her and said "Free of charge. Today's too special to waste on bits." He said and took her information and hurried the line along.

(Wont respond to everyone, just had to do this for RP purposes xP)
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Shady blinked a few times in surprise as the necklace made its appearance, getting a rare genuine smile across her muzzle as she accepted the item from Steel. "Thank you, Mister Strike." She said, the usual devious tone that followed the name missing as she slipped the necklace around her neck for safe keeping. Not feeling up to messing with the smith's head like usual after getting the gift that meant so much to her, she simply gave down her information, faking everything but her first name.

With a nod, she slowly moved away from the line, her serious face hiding the joy that was racing through her head from finally having the gift meant for Freyia.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 am

Well this had certainly been much easier than she thought it would be, Gypsy thought to herself as she listened to the speech going on, she'd only just arrived recently and yet already she'd found what she had come for being called out over a balcony amongst a crowd that seemed to receive it with a great deal of cheer. The roar of the crowd was a bit much, her left eye squinted as it got loud, she was already making her way toward the line though and announced by the constant singing of the chimes that hung just past her shoulder on their mount.

Unless spoken to otherwise, when it would become Gypsy's turn she'd approach the table to sign up and speak, "My name is Gypsy Resonance,a dancer and I suppose light skirmisher fits as well. " Hoping it would be enough that they'd accept her. Was there even an application process or just a sign up? She really didn't know.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestar Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:11 am

Word travels quickly were things such as fights and free stuff are concerned, doubly so where rebellion is present. So it was not a surprise that Blue Star and Tayari overheard whispering about impromptu rally in the undercity. Downing their drinks, he dropped a couple of bits on the table and nodding thanks to the bar keep. The duo left the Steel Hoof and sauntered over the nearest entrance to the seed underbelly of Manehatten. Having never been, Blue left the task of Navigation to his Zebra friend. Not exactly a small place, it took a little while to find the right area. Tayari was recognized by a couple people he'd had minor dealings with in the past through his Alchemy shop. Eventually finding the right place he waded through the small throng of people and sweet talked his way to the sign up desk. Tayari was still waiting on the outskirt of the gathering, but Blue had already made up hi mind as he stood before over turned crates. Not having heard the speech that he assumed had begun this rally, he decided to just introduce himself to the pony before him.

"Greetings, my name is Blue Star. Once full-time academic researcher in the field of magic based in Canterlot at the time of the fall. Now turned seeker of adventure as well as teacher of the ignorant and uneducated. I am at your service."
bluestar
bluestar
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet
Profession: Teacher/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 am

Double Edge stood behind the grey pegasus as more ponies filed in to sign up for the rebellion. He couldn't deny Steel had done a good job on that speech, but the fact that he had moved this many to join up? That was truly something. Maybe his special talent was speaking, not smithing.

Watching pony after pony sign up, each giving their talent, and name, one such immediately caught the charcoal unicorn's eye. A dark grey earth pony. One he had seen just a few days ago...what was she doing here? {Damn it right when the day was starting to turn out good to.} Looking to Steel, the unicorn quickly whispered to the smith, explaining that he had to leave for a moment, but would be back soon.

Leaving his new associate's side, Double Edge, made he way through the crowd, toward the girffon loyalist. Coming to a stop next to the mare, the rebel, made sure to keep himself calm and composed. "Well, hello again Shady, didn't honestly think I would be seeing you again this soon. Thats a very nice necklace. How is your friend? I hope she is recovering well." Double made sure to keep the honesty in his voice, but at the same time, making sure to not take this mare lightly. She was a pure liability.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 am

Shady stopped her pacing around the room as a familiar voice filled her ears. She already knew she was caught by the one single pony in the entire city who could destroy her efforts. Keeping a straight face, she turned to face Double. "Hello there, Double." She replied in a calm voice, staring into the pony's eyes in an attempt to weed out any hint of nerves or fear she could use to her advantage. "She is coming along nicely, I was going to bring this necklace to her as a gift. That smith put it together for me."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 am

When Quicksilver's turn came, he approached the unicorn. "My name is Quicksilver. Not only do I have a talent for observation, I also can handle myself in a fight, have done for years now, and have experience with some small thievery."
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Dead
Profession: Serial Killer Victim/Professional Corpse

Back to top Go down

Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated) Empty Re: Rebellion is Brewing...

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 am

Onyx had listened to the speech from the ceiling of the Undermarket. He had learned his lesson from when he fell onto the caged arena. During the speech Onyx said, "Onyx is ceiling dog, watching you speak." He had chuckled a bit, but not loud enough for the listeners to notice. Onyx recognized one of the ponies. He had met the pony earlier, but couldn't recall a name. Onyx didn't need names for ponies.

After the speech and the applause started, Onyx had to cover his ears from the noise. He didn't believe the choice of words were the best, as he thought a good speech was usually just screaming that the enemy was mewling pups, and then attacking. But, ponies will have their strange speeches.

Onyx noticed that a line began to form and almost joined it, but his previous experience with Undermarket gave him pause. "Onyx not sure he should go just yet. Onyx think that ponies will not react well. Onyx will need to be stealthy, like strange wolf pony."

Onyx considered his options, but could not come to a solid conclusion. "Perhaps Onyx should wait for Ponies to leave before talking to rebels. Ponies that come with me are fine... Onyx conflicted..."

A crack appears, and makes a small echo throughout the now quiet area. Onyx looks down and sees the crack in his hiding spot. "Onyx thought Onyx learned lesson from last time..." Onyx begins scrambling down the tunnel, until he hits a softer spot in the rock. Onyx fell out of a hole yet again, and landed in the street. Onyx took a small look around and saw the ponies he guided to the Undermarket.

Not wanting a repeat of the last time, he went to the ponies, because Onyx knew that having a pony friend was necessary for his safety.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:05 pm

"th-the rebels!"

Lance was surprised, and filled with glee when he realized what the speech was for. the very reason he came to manehattan was to find these rebels, and help drive bag the griffins. Without a thought, he immediately made his way to the already growing line of ponies, but when he allowed his mind to work once more, he hesitated, and stopped where he stood.

It wasn't that I didn't want to fight the griffins. nor was it that he was scared to fight back. no, not at all. but just the night before, he was given a new look at the situation. A new view, new reason to fight the feathered threat... Skylight. at first, this had driven him to urge forward into the line, all the more reason to fight! ...but then, there was another mare as well.

Scintillance recalled his conversation with her... 'we're not doing her any favors by crying over her grave... if you believe vengeance will, then then so be it. you... no... we're going to find that Griffin, and we're going to end him for what he did,' ...together. Lance had a new mission, with Shadowstrike. If he joined the rebels now, he doesn't know when he'd ever see her again.

Scintillance smiled, gently, and turned around, chuckling as he watched ponies left and right rush past him. the rebellion would have to wait, he thought, but first, I'm not going to lose Shade. Scintillance continued his trot, not noticing the large diamond dog that landed right behind him. he kept his way against the roaring crowd, becoming lost among the blend of colors.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Jack arrived in the middle of the speech and stands at the end of the crowd, but he can recognize the pony who gives the speech. It's the smith he once met. "At least a face I know" he thinks and listens to to rest of the speech. It's a very good speech. It has every classic element in it a speech needs to have. As Steel finishes his speech Jack claps and slowly moves torwards the line, which begins to form.
Suddenly he notices Onyx coming torwards him. "Oh, Hello Onyx. Long time not seen" he says with a chuckle. "Do you want to join the rebels,too? I bet they really could need a diamond dog like you."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Rebellion is Brewing... (Dated) Empty Re: Rebellion is Brewing...

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Onyx looked at the pony he guided through the tunnels and said, "Onyx was not sure... Onyx not want to end up like last time Onyx was in this place." Onyx was there to sign up for the rebels, but he didn't want to talk about his previous experience against the Griffon Occupation. Onyx was nearly discovered too many times, and coming here in the open was a big enough risk for him, or at least that is what Onyx thought.

"Onyx think he qualified. Onyx has not tell you much, only truth. For several years, Onyx sought only this day. Nothing else existed... until Onyx see rebellion. Then everything changed. Onyx have new purpose. And to think that Onyx no longer believe Onyx have purpose."

Onyx begins rubbing the back of his claws. "Onyx only like to say that Onyx have... experience. Onyx not regret anything Onyx has done... for the most part. Onyx believe it is time to join the rebels."

Onyx pulls out a small piece of paper out of his vest, and looks on the other side of the crumpled note. It states only: Remember your duty, and to whom your loyalties lie and Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. Onyx tries to remember where he found this, but it only brings darkness to his mind and he cringes slightly. Onyx can remember a library, and darkness.

Onyx reaches the front of the line and says, "Name is Onyx, and am Diamond Dog of Stone Clan. Onyx can dig tunnels." Onyx leans in close to the pony, "Onyx does not care to talk about further experience in front of other ponies. Always end bad for Onyx. Onyx has done far more work than pony might know."

Onyx leans back and states, "If Pony wishes to talk to Onyx about Pony know what, Onyx will be around... It difficult for Onyx to hide here."
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Scintillance had a shadow he didn't know about. Two, to be exact. Shade and Scrapper had followed him, staying out of open sight, which made it also hard for them to notify him of their presence, but at least Shade had a good deal of patience when it came to staying hidden. And it wasn't like the Undermarket didn't deliver good entertainment: The shadow-hued unicorn listened with high interest to the speech, finally a true rebellion was called out. Or, at least she hoped that it would develop int a true rebellion, the griffons definitely deserved to get their asses bucked. Unfortunately Shade's goals would often enough be different to those of ponykind, in the end she was an egoistical mare with hardly any respect for the lives of others. As long as those others weren't her friends, that is.
Sounds tempting, she whispered to Scrapper as the speech neared its end. They had positioned themselves on the roof of a building that had been relatively easy to climb on the outside and that delivered a good sight over the place. About light levels they didn't have to worry much, the Undermarket wasn't known for being bright. What do you think, will they achieve something?
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:59 pm

The speech wasn't the most satisfactory he's ever come across, but it was a speech. Shade asked him if they would achieve something. He thought about it for a second. He then whispered back, I've seen a lot of ponies try something like this Las. I can't give you a good answer to that question.

His vision and slight headache he had a while ago had disappeared. He can remember that much, the rest seemed to be just a haze. He couldn't recall what happened before he got to where he is now. He'll have to worry about it later. He whispered to Shade again, So, what's next on our To-Do list?
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Double Edge nodded, as much as he didn't like the fact that this pony and her friend were apart of the griffons, actually the very thought that some ponies would actually work with those that just saw them as prey...it made no sense to him. In all honesty it just seemed like two that were trying to just join the winning side. Nothing more.

Still despite all of that, they were still ponies, and hopefully they would still have some form of loyalty to their own species. At the same time though, they were still members of the griffon army. Her being here, her knowing about Undermarket, and trying to join the rebels...that is without a doubt the worst thing ever. He'd have to tell Steel about it at some point. But right now things were fragile, if he could solve this without involving others, that would be the best possible thing.

"Well that was very nice of Steel. I bet she will certainly love it. Thats also very good to hear that she is healing well enough along. I can't lie, I was rather worried for her well being the last time I saw here. From what I've seen from the...company...she likes to keep, they aren't entirely fans for those that 'falter.' It'll be good to see her in good health. Now may I ask what brings you to place such as this?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Shady nodded her head lightly as she broke her gaze on Double's eyes, starting to slowly move in slow circles around him while speaking. She knew that he knew she was with the griffons in reality, but she had to make sure he wouldn't spill the beans to anyone else around him. "It is, isn't it? That smith really knows how to get on my good side... Too bad that won't really help him too much." She replied simply, a slight hint of a taunting tone lingering in her voice as she spoke to the unicorn next to her.

She stopped her circling as the question was asked of her, a smirk on her muzzle as she leaned towards Double's ear. "You should already know that answer, Dubs." She whispered teasingly before slowly adding a bit more distance between the two of them. "You know who I am, who I work for. You should be able to put the pieces together... Unless the rebels are just as dense as they seem to be."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Jack nods at Onyx "I see." Then he lines up with the other ponies. "Oh well, this will take some time." he thinks with a smirk on his face. "At least there are enough ponies who want to fight back."
As Jack waits for his turn he thinks about what he can contribute to the rebellion. "What could an old stallion like me do? Well, I'm still strong, but I'm not as quick as I were in my youth.I lead a squad and gatherd informations during my army career. That could be also very helpful."
Jack now stands in front of Steel Strike "Jack Grayscale. Talented in leading a small group of ponies and gathering informations. Reporting for duty."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Shade threw a short and amused look at Scrapper. The same as we were doing all the time, following Scintillance until he... is he bucking joining the rebels?
The speech ended and the brown unicorn went to the line of ponies waiting to join up. It surprised Shade that he had already decided to leave her behind, no, it even disappointed her. Was that inconsistent now? Yes, definitely. At the moment it was silent, but she knew that there was a part of her wanting him to disappear. Now he was about to disappear, since Shade would never follow him in this, and she felt betrayed. Last night he had sworn to help her. She hadn't taken it as promise to herself, but as a promise to the pony it had been about, and she couldn't accept him breaking a promise towards that pony. Scrapper could see her wincing a bit and taking a sharp breath, the reason for that once again the thoughts about her lost friend. There was the part again that wanted Scintillance gone... But no, she would keep control, she had to learn to live with it and keep calm, she wouldn't allow another outburst. And for now, she succeeded. What she didn't realize was that she just had needed two full minutes to win the struggle against her emotions, during which she had reacted to nothing. For her only moments had passed, and now she saw Scintillance walking away from the rebels again. Maybe he wasn't breaking his promise yet... As if nothing had happened, she left the watching position, expecting Scrapper to follow, and intended to get somewhere near the road Scintillance was taking.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

The unicorn simply smirked as he listened to the earth ponies taunts, "Wow, for once I think I've gotten an honest answer out of you Shady. Thats all I really needed you to say thank you." As quickly as it came, Double's face went blank once again.

"Some one does something nice for you, and right after, you immediately go back to planning on stabbing them in their back. I congratulate you, Shady, for showing me the true morales you and your...company, likes to hold." the charcoal unicorn shook his head slowly. "However that makes me think, and in a way, I can say that I actually feel sorry for you and your friend. If thats the morales that you want to keep to your heart? Well, I wish your friend the best of luck."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Shady simply chuckled at the response she got from Double, the harsh words from the colt only seeming to egg her on that much more. "Why should I care for a single good deed? The only one I care about is my marefriend, no one else has any use to me." She replied simply, her expression never changing from the combination of seriousness and dark joy it had taken. "The only reason I listen to those featherbrains up top is because of the money they give me."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Sil scanned each and every pony in the line, and finally found one she knew. A pegasus she had met not too long ago when they had kept somepony from robbing a shop, and possibly killing the shopkeeper. Smilingly she walked up to him after he had signed up.
So we meet again, and the circumstances ARE nicer. Hello, Jack Grayscale, she greeted him, this time it was her who extended the hoof. And still we're trying to help. Nice to see that it wasn't a false impression.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Scrapper saw that Scintillance was signing up for this cause. And at the same moment saw Shade's reaction. She was clearly bothered about it, obviously more than he was. But as he looked back, Lance was walking away. He didn't follow the line-up. Maybe he changed his mind.

Shade began to leave, and Scrapper followed. It isn't like he was planning on joining up. He believed that they were gonna make things worse before they get better. If they ever get better that is.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Once again, the unicorn could only smirk at the earth ponies answers, "Ah, love and money, for some one of the easiest things in the world to get, for others, more difficult to gain than over throwing an empire. In the end, both goals everyone be it griffon, pony, or otherwise wants at some point." Double mused, "both goals that when not achieved everyone pines for. Even if they may not know it." Well it seemed like he had gained some useful information out of this little conversation, even if Shady may not have realized it, or this was just another one of her lies. He'd just have to go with his gut, and make sure to remember everything he really noticed from her when she either lied for told the truth.

Once again the unicorn's mood darkened as he continued to her other comment, "No one else has any use to you? Well I guess that really determines what you can define 'use' as." the rebel shrugged, "I mean like I said we all have goals, dreams, the like, and as far as I can tell, you don't have any use in me achieving my dream, neither does your friend, or for that matter neither does Steel, or any of the ponies here for that matter. They might not have a use in that, but that doesn't mean I simply cast you, or anyone else aside like they are nothing to me. It simply means that they might have a use in another matter that I don't know of yet, friends, one's you can trust, or depend on when you are down, ones you can talk to if you need it, or might understand another aspect that others won't. I don't know yet. Everyone has their uses though, thats something even you should try and understand."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Jack is positive surprised that he meets Silvern Gleam again here in the Undermarket. He smiles as he shakes her hoof. "Hello, Miss Gleam. It's a real pleasure to meet you again. Did you join the rebels, too?" Jack wouldn't be much suprised, if she says yes. After her last meeting her already assumed something like that.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Shady listened to the words Double had to see, faking an interested face in an attempt to lull the rebel into thinking he was making a real difference of some sort with his words. Taking a moment to build up the perfect facade for the moment in time, she gave Double a smile. "I suppose you are right with that point. Just because someone's plans don't coincide with my own doesn't mean they aren't important." She said, keeping her voice steady and convincing despite not believing a single word that left her own mouth. She started her slow circling around Double again, grinning as she kept her eyes on the other pony. "However, in my line of work, large amounts of interaction with one individual isn't common."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Actually, first one in line, Sil answered with a grin. Now I'm waiting here so that I find out how to be more than a name on a paper. So far I seem to know the exactly wrong ponies, the events that really meant something went by without me knowing about it fast enough to offer help. Rescuing innocent shopkeepers from ponies applying desperate measures is a good task, but in the end it changes nothing.
For a moment her horn glowed, and so did the amulet under her scarf. The line would still take a while to be gone. Sil raised an eyebrow as she pointed her eyes towards its end, or towards the door since it continued outside.
I can't really say unfortunately, but the ones I'd like to have a talk with probably will be busy for some time, she said, shortly tilting her head towards the unicorn writing down all the new rebels. I'd be glad about company while I wait, and maybe you also know some ponies I should meet.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:27 pm

After Scintillance almost joining that rebellion, Shade finally had enough of only following him all the time. She had seen in which direction he had left and went to intercept him. She didn't want to enter the crowd, but luckily he was coming out of it anyway. As usual for her she found a nice, shady spot for her and Scrappy to wait, and scanned the masses for the familiar brown unicorn. Eventually he passed them by, and Shade did something she normally never did: call out, though only just loud enough for him to hear: Scintillance, over here! Her hood was of course still pulled up and combined with the emotionless voice there was again no way to securely determine what mood she was in.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 am

"Don't give me any of that suddenly changed bull shit. Nice words don't change a person that fast." Double replied, swearing in his mind, apparently there wasn't anyone else she had any connection to, the griffons and the pegasus, that seemed to be it. Nothing more. However...she was only with the griffons due to her being paid. That could definitely be worked with. Once...wait how could he even be thinking of future tense, Shady was a threat now. She not only was a griffon spy who had found Undermarket, but she was even getting eyes on those that were joining...damn it.

Letting out a sigh, he wasn't looking forward to what possible repercussions his next action was probably going to receive. However right now there were more important matters. Not listening to the mare as she once again started to circle him. Did she think she had some upper hoof? Did she not see that he could easily take her life or simply expose her for what she was, and watch as she woud then be drawn and quartered?...whatever. All he knew was that he wouldn't let a single mare be the end of this rebellion, and the hope of Undermarket

Grabbing the mare by her neck, pulling her out of the building, into the nearest empty alleyway. Keeping a tight hold, he pushed the mare out in front of him. Normally he wasn't one to treat a lady in such a way, but this was a special case. At least here if there were more recruits, she wouldn't see. "I think we can continue our little conversation here, in private. Now let me ask you a few questions. One how much are you being paid by those feathered assholes? Next, and more importantly, tell me about yourself....now"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 am

Shady opened up her mouth to speak but was stopped by the leg that moved around her throat. Unable to fight back against the much stronger colt, she had not choice other than simply going where he was pulling her. Catching her breath once released, she grinned and regained her composure. "Didn't your parents teach you how to treat mares?" She asked in a defiant tone, falling silent and smirking as the rebel demanded information from her.

Shaking her head, the earth pony simply chuckled at Double. "Do you think I got my position giving away information?" She asked, her voice only getting more sarcastic in tone as the moments passed by. "But...since I know when to admit when someone else has the upper hand... I'll agree to tell you what you want, if you can do something for me."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next