MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Beginnings [Closed] (Dated)

+6
Lobo
Contra Wain
Rationale
Atriark
Static Shock
Double Edge
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Beginnings [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Double Edge Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Hearing a voice suddenly behind him, Double hopped to the side turning to see a green unicorn who had appeared from nowhere. "The food was originally intended for the residents down here...why...are you part of this rebellion my sister and I keep hearing about?" Double certainly hoped that this pony was one of those rebels, it would have made the search for them so much quicker and all together much less of a hassle.

Before Double could speak again, a sudden bang erupted, causing the last of the unicorn's patience to give out. "What the in the seven levels of Tartarus!" he jumped away from the group, wrapping his two blades in a green aura, unsheathing both weapons, floating them into a guard position. Bangs didn't happen in Undermarket, not unless something was going down, like a gryphon raid or bandits. Frantic, Double looked for whatever caused the attack.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

New Beginnings [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Beginnings [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Static Shock Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Static raised an eyebrow at the mention of the rebels, this was the first solid link they'd had to them so far. Then, Atriark backed into someone, and something exploded. Static yelped and ducked, then saw her brother back off and draw his swords. "Double, I don't think that's necessary... It was just a firecracker, I think! Just put your swords away, brother..."
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Rationale heard the firecracker and his right eye winced once from the sound of the firecracker, but he knew that he had nothing to worry about due to the fact that a firecracker sound and the sound of an explosive were completely different. The gun emitted a louder sound, and a firecracker was more condensed, since it wasn't meant to cause any damage. Apparently though, it did anyway. "It's kind of irrelevant whether or not we are rebels, hmm? The point is that we want to steal some food from the griffins. Going into the specifics on each other is really not needed." He stated.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Fuse watched the firecracker pop and scare everyone in the vicinity. A smile crossed his face that was a mix of happiness, evil, and just plain crazy. Fuse clapped his front hooves together "Thank goodness, i was afraid that was going to be a dud," he stood up and began to walk away but he took several steps back "Sorry for scaring you zebra,"he paused a second then looked around at the group "Would anyone here happen to be hiring, or selling any explosives?"
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Train engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 am

"S-Sorry..." Double said, a little ashamed and embarrassed, "its just instinct now I guess." carefully sheathing his two blades, before drawing the saddlebags back over them. Turning to the laughing grey unicorn, Double scowled at him. He didn't like to be pranked, especially not when he was already uneasy. "Sorry unicorn, I don't think anypony here would one: risk selling dynamite, and two: even if they had it, it would have been sold long ago for anything." With that matter out of the way, Double turned back to the suspicious zebra, "Zuberi, we're all hungry down here, but you don't see anyone else actively going out of there way to attack a gryphon building....except you, and your friend here." he said pointing a hoof at Rationale.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 am

Lobo thought for a moment, only shooting a glare at the pony that had set off the firecracker. He sighed, turning back to the others. "Tell you what. This one time- one time- I'll give you a trial offer with this... food-finding business. You want me to stick around after that, I can forgo payments until a more convenient time. With some low interest rates," he added. "Very low, nothing to really worry about."
Lobo
Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 am

Fuse's smile turns to a frown at the sight of the blades "oh well how unfortunate for me then, i guess i will have to make due with what i already have," he says with a slight sigh "well you answered my second question but not my first stranger." he said looking over the buck who drew the weapons "well arent you just wound up like a spring" he said with a slight smirk.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 am

Static reached over and patted her brother's back, smiling at him. "Calm down Edge, it's all good." She said reassuringly. She then leaned over and whispered to him; "I'm pretty sure we've got some rebels surrounding us, like Zub. We should stick with him, we can get in with the rebels that way." She then straightened up and flashed a smile at Zub. "Well friend, if we're serious about this then let's stop sidestepping. We'll need a plan to get food, yeah?"
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 am

Rationale felt slightly insulted that Double Edge was not willing to accompany them on their mission, but at the same time, this was quite the bad idea. Rationale still had a desire to go and steal that food, because of the burnt down hut that was now below the griffin headquarters. He wanted to get revenge for his home... and all of his books. But he wouldn't do it himself. He was vengeful, but not stupid.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:04 am

Double leaned close to his sister, "I'm almost certain of that too Static, found it weird that they brought up going to the gryphons first." Looking to Zuberi, Double, listened to Static agree both of them to helping steal food. Inwardly Edge grinned, finally a good way to get back at the gryphons for all the anguish they had caused not only to him and more importantly his sister, but also to all other ponies as well. True this wouldn't be big, but it would certainly be enough to catch their attention. Let them know that there were still ponies out there willing to fight. "Well...our we have our Diamond Dog friend, I don't know, he could dig up into the building from below. Literally show them that we're right under their noses."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Static thought for a moment, and shook her head. "That could be risky, Edge. A tunnel can be traced back to the Undermarket, and we can't have that. Plus, we'll have no guarantee that we'll be able to collapse the tunnel after we leave, we might be getting chased. I'd rather try to get in overland, that way there's no tunnel leading back here."
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Blast furrows his brow he didnt like being ignored. He walks to the purple mares side and leans in close "whatcha whispering about?" with a mock look of seriousness "if you need help with anything i can lend a hoof," he pulls a single stick of dynamite from his bag "and some of this if need be" he says grinning.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Static grinned at her brother and took off after Zub. Soon she'd caught up with the Zebra, and flashed a smile at him. "So, what's the plan? If things get hairy, I can teleport out with the goods, but I think that'd be a last resort, wouldn't you say?"
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 am

Frightened by the explosion, Suture almost flat out ran in fear, if it weren't for the crowds of people around her. Scanning for the source, she eventually found it: simply because some imbecile drew his blades. Drawing closer to the gathering in a slow fashion, she attempted to keep her intents incognito to the other ponies and the gathering.

Soon after, the gathering began to leave, becoming a precession. Suture followed at a moderate distance in suit, hoping to catch more of their conversation over the din of the crowds, attempting to maintain that distance.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession: Textile Worker, Medical Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 am

Fuse watched the group leave so he merely shrugged and decided to look around more, he spies a mare walking behind the group he just met so he trots up to her "i wouldnt waste your time with them, they are to busy keeping to themselves and werent very nice" he says looking around "your better off wandering around here" he said stopping at a vendor and studying the wares.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:15 am

Xarith, seeing that the others had already taken off, hopped onto his dirtboard and began to slowly make his way down the tunnels keeping pace with his companions. He smiled inwardly as he rolled down the paved Undermarket. Of course nothing was going to go as plan, but that doesn't mean we would all be prepared for it. He had plans of his own for escape if push came to shove. But with this many people and ponies in one place, he wasn't that worried.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Profession: Traveling Merchant & Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 pm

As Zuberi and his sister went trotting off, Double made sure to give chase. He wasn't going to let his sister leave his sight, especially since this crazy plan was starting. Catching up to the pair, Double listened in on the conversation. They needed a distraction. That was something he could do. "A distraction? Is that all you guys need? Done, just leave that part to me. I'll be sure to keep any gryphon's attention for as long as you need."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Static climbed out of the hole with Zuberi's help, and smiled at him. "Thanks" She whispered, before dashing across the street and hiding in the shadows next to the house.
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Taking Zuberi's hoof, the Double pulled himself up with the Zebra's help. "Thanks," he muttered before running after his sister into the abandoned house. The house had not seemed to fair very well in the time after Manehatten's fall. Mold was growing from the carpet, while wallpaper was beginning to peel and fall away. Looking over to his sister, Double Edge sighed, "Well looks like we found what we were looking for."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Shirt Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

The two griffons continued down the street carrying on with their conversation. However, one of then caught something in the corner of his eye, and turned his head just in time to get a glimpse of a zebra in a green shemagh aiming a crossbow at the two. "Hey!" he snarled, just in time to take an bolt to his face. It passed straight through the back of his helmet, and pounded through the side of the other griffon's. Both bodies tumbled to the street dead.
Red Shirt
Red Shirt
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:19 am

Static raced out into the street after Zuberi, and placed a hoof on the other Griffon. A quick flash of light later, and Static had teleported back inside the house with the body. Her horn glowed as she picked up his spear with her telekinesis, and raced back to Zub. "So, supply yard? Lead the way!"
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 am

Rationale followed the whole group throughout all of their journey. However, he was the last one that was going to kill any of these griffins. He was probably one of the few griffins that still believed diplomacy would work. Where were the princesses that were supposed to be cherishing and helping her subjects out of the thick and thin? Useless princesses... only models and failed paragons of what ponies should really be. The collective majority, the belief of everyone should be the way Equestria was run. Not by a monarchy, and not by... this.

Rationale continued and stared with a blank face when the two griffins were speared and moved. He didn't say anything, only continued to watch as the group continued. If he was needed, he would chime in. But for now, he was going to remain silent.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Xarith just watched as Zuberi swiftly took out the two griffons with the armor piercing bolt. The zebra wasn't used to seeing much death considering that his line of work never really was this 'action packed'. He just quietly bided his time and observed his surrounding looking for any sign of trouble. He shifted uneasily under his coat and bags. It had been a while since he had done something dangerous like this. Although, it hasn't been that long since he has done something this crazy. Xarith just took a deep breath as he readied himself for the groups advance.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm

As Zuberi and his Sister came back with the gryphon bodies, as well as a green unicorn from the Undermarket. Double looked to them, staring coldly at the pair of corpses. They deserved it for what they had done to Equestria, no questions asked, Double couldn't careless whether these gryphons had families or not. In fact a dark piece of him hoped that they did. the gryphons needed to feel his and his sister's pain. "Alright, explorer where to next?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Xarith just smiled as he gave his fellow zebra a quick salute. Jumping on his dirtboard, he propelled himself down the street towards the aforementioned building at a blistering pace. He pushed himself forward with his hindlegs making good time so that he would not stay within view for very long. Finally coming close to the building, Xarith swung his board to the side and hopped of making sure to keep out of sight.

He secured his saddlebags one last time as he turned to give Zuberi the okay from him. All he had to do now was wait for the others to get in position as well as the signal. Only then would the real challenge would present itself.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Double grinned as he heard the zebra's plan. Taking off down the road. He arrived at the other side of the depot. Hiding himself in a nearby alley way, amongst a dumpster and trash cans long forgotten. His mind reaching out, the unicorn focused on his two swords hidden underneath his saddlebags, slowly unsheathing, as they moved with his magic.

Laying down, the unicorn wasn't entirely surprised by the lack of smell from where he hid. It like the rest of these houses had long been abandoned meaning that there was a definite lack of trash to be thrown out. However, this place, despite it being completely open up above, allowed him to see the depot Zuberi had pointed out very clearly, along with this...sign that they were supposed to be looking for.

Reluctantly Edge forced himself to wait as the others got into their own position. He hated waiting, especially when his goal was just a short dash away. His back legs began to build with tension, as he prepared to charge the instant this sign was given off.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Rationale's eyes shifted to the left and then the right to try and notice the areas that Zuberi was pointing to. His head nodded after the orders were given, and he moved into another nearby building, as previously instructed. He quickly looked around for any kind of weapon that he could use to levitate and attack the guards with, but considering there weren't any tough instruments nearby, he was going to have to improvise. He took notice of the guards and waited for the cue.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Static grinned and took off in the opposite direction as her brother. She came to rest in the shadow of another building, and looked around. She could see Zuberi from here, as well as the silhouettes of a few others. She hunkered down in the shadows and kept her eye on Zuberi, waiting patiently for his signal...
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Shirt Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 pm

The liquid splattered about, and sprayed across the griffons nearby where the bottle broke. They complained for a moment, wiping it from their armor and their coats before looking up and spotting Zuberi. "There! Get him!" one griffon shouted, but none of his men complied. The liquid started to warm up, enough so it was becoming uncomfortable to those caught in it. Soon, they began to flail about in a panic as their skin was being burned. Finally, the liquid burst into flames, setting five griffons ablaze.

The other griffons nearby were confused and scattered, but quickly rushed to the center to see what was going on. A total of six griffons now stood nearby and attempted to assist their burning comrades as the flames grew higher and hotter.
Red Shirt
Red Shirt
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Static leapt into action at Zuberi's command, her horn arcing with built-up electricity. She shot a powerful bolt of lightning at the Griffon guards, the bolt arcing between two of them, frying them on the spot. She began to step forward, but stumbled, feeling drained from the outburst. She must have used up all her stored energy, she wouldn't be able to shock anyone else until she built up more energy. Instead, she hefted the spear she'd taken from the dead guard, and threw it with all her might at one of the surviving Griffons.
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:33 am

Rationale moved out into the open when Zuberi gave the order, his horn glowing with magical energy. Unlike the other unicorn, he did not have any lightning arcing powers, only the capability to create a shield and throw things. He used this to his advantage, as he threw two circular tables towards the griffins, aiming to knock them out instead of immediately killing them. He would never be able to forgive himself if he killed a griffin, despite the fact that the other griffins would have no problem with killing him.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Double could only grin with malicious intent as he saw Zuberi, the green unicorn and his sister emerge from their hiding places and enter into a fray against the griffon guards. Charging forward, the unicorn loosened his magical grip on his blades has he neared a pair of griffons. As the two raised their spears preparing to receive the black unicorn's attack. Edge's horn flared up, as he split off from his charge, a mirror image of himself doing likewise. Looking at each other in confusion at the sudden doubling of foes, the pair of guards looked at each other, each of them, before separating, each chasing after one of the Double Edges.

Coming to a stop. Double Edge waited, as the single guard swooped down from the sky toward its target. "you know its customary to bow to your opponent before a duel!" Double called out, side stepping the charge, bringing up his blades ready for the next, as the griffon banked, quickly turning around plummeting toward Double yet again. "At least thats what my dad always told me before your kind slaughtered him!" As his enemy neared, Double floated one of his swords float up, before hurling it toward the griffon, burying the blade into the left side of the creatures face, causing it to come crashing to the ground, sliding to a stop in front of Double. "In my opinion, you guys don't deserve the right." Double glared, pulling the blade out, as its crimson blood began to pool around him.

Turning to his mirror form, and the form turning to him. Double watched as the confused guard continued to try and hit the form, Double maneuvered the mirror of himself, dodging the griffon's attacks and advancing forward with the clone, pushing back the griffon until it was right next to him. Lifting both blades up. The griffon reacted immediately, as it saw the opening stabbing the mirror image, causing the Double Edge to flicker away. Confused the guard went into a defensive stance expecting Double to attack in his forward arc. Chuckling as he watched this, Double pressed his two levitated swords forward, burrowing them both into the guard's chest, breaking his silence. "Sorry to say, but you've been had cretin. He's your reward!" Gripping his blades tightly, Double pulled the embedded swords downwards, leaving two large gashes in the griffon's sides as he too slumped to the ground in a crimson puddle spread.

Whipping the blood off his swords, Double looked toward the rest of the impromptu team. "You guys go ahead, I can take care of these guys!"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2