MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated) Empty A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated)

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Oct 4, Year 4

String is sitting next to his makeshift tent in the outskirts of Manehatten, hidden behind some bushes and trees, the sound of his acoustic guitar sweeps through the night, song, filled with hope, following it.

Last edited by String Chord on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Revolution
Profession: Bard

Back to top Go down

A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Grayscale Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Jack is sitting on the porch, enjoying the cool night breeze. Suddenly, he hears the distant sound of an acoustic guitar. He's wondering who else is out there at such late time. He had at least a permission that he can stay outside on his farm at night, but the one who is out there, must be suicidal. Nevertheless, the curiosity grabbed him "who this daring musician". He checked the air for patrols, but it all seemed to be quiet. So he went in the direction from which the music came. After a short walk, he saw a tent and its owner hid among the bushes. He wondered whether he should first go to the stranger, but the way he plays the guitar makes him act very trustworthy. He walked slowly towards him.
"Hey there."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: A simple camping spot [Closed] (Dated)

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

String looks over at Jack and smiles warmly, he continues on playing, but lowing the tone, he stops singing so he can talk "Greetings sir." His accent is a thick Slavic one, his home is far east. The pony's smile is warm and welcoming.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:01 pm

The way he smiles lets disappear Jacks last skepticism. But still, he needs first some information about him.
"I can tell by your voice that you're not from here. If I had to guess I would say it is an eastern accent.Eh .. where are my manners only, I'm Jack Grayscale and what is your name?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:06 pm

String chuckles and speeds up with the chords , "My name is String... String Chords. And you're correct I am not from here. Why I am here, I will keep to myself."

Last edited by String Chord on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

"That's all right. You seem to be somepony who gets around a lot. It just amazes me that you have survived so long out here, and that even though you play guitar." Jack remembers his Scout training, where he and his two mates had to hide severale nights on the training ground.Their slogan were "Stay low, stay quiet".The instructors never found them. They were the best team. He's smiling as he's thinking back to the good old days of training.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:29 pm

String sighs. "I do get around a lot. Lucklly for me, I have my wings, i am silent. I get where ever I want when ever I want..." he looks at his tent "And I tend to have enough supplies to stay in the hiding for a week." He looks back at the stallion "And you sir... What about you?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 am

"I live on a farm a mile from here, so I have to work a lot and since the gryphons forced me to produce food for their animals life isn't gettin' easier"
Jack is now sitting besides of String and listening to his guitar.
"I don't really come around very much. I wish I could travel more, but the farm needs me"
A short tinge of regret can be seen in his face, but it disappears as he asks String: " Soo...what is this song about?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 am

String chuckles softly "It depends. A song without current lyrics could be about anything. The potential is enormous. You could tell me what to sing I'll sing it, with this same melody." He slows down a bit, now having a calming tune.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 am

"It's getting late and you seem to be a pony I can trust, so here is my offer: You can sleep tonight at my farm in a warm bed and tomorrow you can tell me some news about what is happening in other parts of Equestira, because since I work on the farm I'm very isolated and I don't get many informations, just the rumors I hear when I'm in the city"
Jack is wondering about himself. Usually he wasn't the type of pony, who offers a place in his house to a complete stranger, but this pony is different.
He reminds him of his good friend he had lost on the battlefield.
"So what do you say?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am

Stop playing. "You can trust me." he leans in squinting "But, how can i trust you?" he smirks softly, waiting for an answer.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am

Jack stands up. "I like your attitude. I'll be honest: there's no real reason to trust me,which strangers can be trusted these days? I will not force you to come with me, but I would appreciate your society."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 pm

"Sounds like a fine offer to me, but... I don't need bed" his ears flatten "Nor warmness, all I really need is a friend. Somepony I could come to... and enjoy his or her presence." he then sighs "I've had a friend once.... We spent days thinking up songs, playing together. Singing. He was the only pony I had, for my parents hated me because I was growing up... My sisters were always whores towards me. Hell... my whole home town was a whore toward me..." he looks at the sky "He was killed by a griffon. I need to find that one. It's been 7 years." He puts on a wild grin, speaking through his teeth "And, well, revenge is best served cold~" he chuckles once again, and then sighs again "So is life in occupied Equestria."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

"I know the feeling of losing a good friend. I've lost my two comrades on the battlefield. They were my family since I have joined the army ." He smiles weakly. "Man we have done crazy things." He sighs. "How I said I wont force you, but the door will always be open for you" He turns and walks slowly away "...friend."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm

He smiles, "Sleep tight, my good sir." he starts playing guitar softly again, looking around, whistling with his guitar, trying to think of something better to do. "And have a nice waking up."

=Transition, Night to day=

String returns to his tent after a while, sighing softly.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

Hjalti can be seen trottig past the tent slowly. He is a large stallion, a thick, woolen cloak over his shoulders; the cloak's pin is quite decorative, gilded bronze with runic inscriptions. It seems to be his only object of value.
He scratches his beard, String's tent catching his eye.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 am

String doesn't notice the large stallion, taking a piece of paper, his starts writing something down, humming to himself slightly, thinking up a new poem for his bardic performances. He himself wears a cloak, over his hull and shoulders, the one he wore when he first saw Hjalti in the hospital. His saddlebags in his tent, papers peeking out of the bags.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Hjalti sighs; "Perhaps it's time I should meet some ponies... after all, I can't take my revenge... alone...~". He approaches the tent slowly, his ears perking up upon hearing String's humming.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:34 pm

String keeps on scribbling wildly and furiously, groaning and growling at his pen every now and then. He rips the paper and throws it into the tent, he takes another paper from his notebook and starts writing again, his tongue peeking out of his muzzle as he concentrates.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Hjalti clears his throat, stopping near string's tent; "Excuse me...".
He speaks in a northern European accent, not too prominent, but enough to indicate that he is not from around here. He kicks at the ground nervously with his hoof, waiting for a reply from the pony in the tent.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Lifts his head up, squinting at the newcomer, he finally smiled nodding "How can I help you sir?" he then tilts his he
ad "Aren't you that pony with a broken rib in the clinic?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

He nods slowly; "Forgive me for troubling you. Could... you tell me where we are right now...?" He continues digging at the ground with his hoof; "I'm afraid I'm not from here..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 pm

String Nods, "Sure I could tell you, we're in Manehatten, one of the largest cities in Equestria... And you... whya re you so shy?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:18 pm

He backs away a little; "I-I'm... n-not... shy..."
He clears his throat again; "Just... haven't spoken to many ponies before..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 pm

"Neither have I, but I am a bard... so I had to master speech at some point" he pats the ground next to him, dust rises off of it "Come... sit. Are you hungry?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

He sits on his haunches beside him reluctantly, not trusting the stallion, despite his apparent kindness; "No... I don't need to eat..."
He leaves quite a bit of space between the two of them as he sits down; "Thank you for offering though..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:29 pm

String sighs "You seem concerned." he looks at the stallion next to him, he notices him backing away, poor String leans over and sniffs his clothes, thinking it might be the smell that is making the stallion go away, the clothes smelled fine, he sighs looking at the ground "What is wrong...?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm

He looks at String sadly, weakness hidden behind the tired eyes of the large stallion. He stares at him for a moment, considering his words. His distrust for string begins to fade, sensing that he has no bad intentions towards him;
"We just met... what does it matter to you...?" Although his size and appearance would be intimidating to most, the look in his eyes would be enough to make just about anypony take pity on him.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:39 pm

String sighs once again "I'm a bard... everypony matters to me" he smiles at Hjalti "But I matter to nopony..."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 pm

He seems a little more relaxed now. He feels reassured about the pony, starting to think that maybe not all of them are mean and untrustworthy; "Surely you must matter to somepony... everypony does."
He looks at the ground; "Most ponies, anyway..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:59 pm

"No, you're wrong for me here... we bards are only there to tell the tale of other ponies. As I said, our names don't matter..."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Where I'm from, one's name is all that matters. Whether slain, or withered by age, the honour of one's name will always outlive them...
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 pm

"I have heard the songs of and from the north... One of the greatest bards are from there... More of them..." he clears his throat "Many, many good song"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

He grins, being able to have a proper conversation with a pony for the first time in years. He chuckles; "So, you can tell where I'm from?"
He seems to feel a lot more comfortable speaking now; "What gave it away...?"
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:16 pm

he looks over the Stallion, smiling softly "The way your body is built.... your way of thinking... Your voice, even the accent. It all helped me in this little search for your identity~"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

He smiles warmly at him; "Mhh... there are indeed many great bards from the north..." He moves closer to String; "I'm no good with words... but I always loved to play my mother's lyre. I'd play for her sometimes when she was sick..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm

He looks at Hjalti, concerned "I-Is your mother alright...?" quickly closing his muzzle, realising he shouldn't have said that, his mother may already be long gone, he looks down, feeling immense guilt.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

He shakes his head, looking down; "Forgive me for bringing that up..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm

"N-No it's m fault..." he shimmies closer to Hjalti, trying to see if he wants a hug or something close to it, he fiddles with his forehoovoes nervously "I lost my friend as well... My only friend."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

He seems to feel comfortable with String nearby, not moving away as he would usually; "Mhh... I'm sorry..." He feels bad for this stranger, who does not seem like such a stranger to Hjalti anymore.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 pm

He looks at Hjalti again "My name is String Chord.... Bard of Stalliongrad. Not known Equestria wide..." he smiles weakly, hoping this would clear the awkwardness of the conversation.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 pm

He offers his hoof to String reluctantly; "I am Hjalti. I seek a warrior's death... as well as to make my name known."
He smiles; "Perhaps... together, we can make our names heard across the land?"
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 pm

String smiles warmly this time taking his hoof "Okay Hjalti, I am up for it, and what better way to make yourself known than to free Equestria" he winks at Hjalti
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Hjalti grasps his hoof firmly; "T-thank you."
He smiles warmly, beginning to tear up slightly with joy, feeling as if he has finally found purpose; "I've no family, no possessions, no... anything..."
He tightens his grip on String's hoof; "But you... you've given me purpose... a means of obtaining glory. And... maybe... more importantly... a friend..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 am

Tayari wanders discretely on the outskirts of the city, searching for any wild ingredients he could use for alchemy, carefully staying outside of griffin detection. Nearby, he hears the sounds of what seems to be conversation. Unsure of its origin, he cautiously approaches the source of the sounds, fully ready to sneak away or flee if griffins prove to be present.
Seeing only two ponies present, he approaches slowly and still cautiously, though no longer hiding his presence.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 am

String shakes Hjalti's hoof gently "No need to thank me. I should never be thanked for anything... I myself have left my family.... to return and serve revenge, once it's cold enough." He turns to the newcomer, he smiles at the zebra "Greetings."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Hjalti stares at Tayari curiously, never having seen a zebra before.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 am

Choosing to make the first attempts at greeting, Tayari says, "Er, greetings, stallions. What brings the two of you out here? I mean, I never quite thought to see others..." He manages, stumbling on his words slightly.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 am

String smiles "Fate brings me here... Fate will bring me anywhere... What about you?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 am

Tayari calms down further, smiling a little as he says, "I'm not here for anything so deep. I was just gathering some plants I could use for alchemy. And staying out of sight of any griffins, can't let them see me break the law. We're not at risk out here, are we?" Tayari asked, glancing about nervously with his smile vanishing.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next