MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worry, Insanity, and Hope [Closed] (Dated)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worry, Insanity, and Hope [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Worry, Insanity, and Hope [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Mercy stepped even closer, "Calm down." There, she could feel it, the same spirit she had felt when they first met. She tried disparately to pull it out, focusing her magic on it, wiping the darkness away. "Calm down," she whispered it now, only inches away from her face. Her horn pointed at her forehead. It glowed brighter, the magic stronger, she had to calm her.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Worry, Insanity, and Hope [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Worry, Insanity, and Hope [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Mega's eyes slowly began to return to a normal state as she stared at Mercy while the unicorn approached her. Her gaze lost focus as her rational mind slowly took control of her in place of the maniac that had been in control. Her eyelids slowly fell down to half-close her eyes, breathing slowing as she calmed. All attempts to fight her bindings had ceased and the pegasus simply laid flat on the bed in a state of half-sleep.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Steel sat and waited to see what Mercy would do. Strangely after a few minutes, the growling and the sounds of struggle ceased. Slowly, Steel got up, and walked over. He opened the door, and saw Mega lying still on the bed. He drew closer, as Mercy's drew back slightly. He saw her eyes fluttering open. "M-Mega?!" he asked, quietly, but in obvious shock. All he needed was a sign. A word, or a hoof movement that wasn't threatening. Anything would do for the distressed Smith.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 pm

"Yes," she sighed out, collapsing to her flank at the side of the bed. "She...she should be fine for now." Sage put a hoof on her head rubbing it was her face grimaced. That was one of the hardest things she has ever done and the migraine was killer. However, she smiled at the familiar feelings from Megabyte and the hope from the Smith. She just needed to sit there, for a few more moments.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 am

Mega slowly opened her eyes fully, the familiar gleam sparkling up as she looked over at Steel once his voice entered her ears. She slowly opened her mouth, only able to make a few weak coughs, wincing as a pain shot through her from her broken ribs.

"...Theelie...ith...that you...?" She asked quietly, barely able to get the words out from the combination of weakness and her injured mouth. Her eyes shot open before tears began to fill them, a sudden rush of pain from all over her body hitting her all at once. "I-it...hurtth..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 am

Steel began crying. Tears of joy, that had never once graced his eyes before. He stared at Mega. "Mega..Is that you?" he asked almost not believing his eyes, or ears. Once she began to speak of her pain...that hit Steel deep. He slowly brushed away a stray hair, careful not to touch any bruised skin. "I promise Megs, we'll get you all patched up..." he said, confident that they could do just that. "I promise.." he said, reassuring himself more then Mega. He still had some tears, from crying with joy. He was glad to see the Mega he know come back.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:33 am

It had taken her hours, but Suture was finally beginning to awaken. Oddly, she felt more rested than usual. It couldn't have been more than six hours of rest, however, and she found that odd. Standing from her makeshift bed, she perked her ears... Steel was crying? Well damn. Suture began to make her way through the hallway, to the room Mega was situated in, and- well that was odd, a new pony. She was flat on her flank, probably fatigued in the manner Suture had been hours before. Steel was closer to Mega than usual, and... Mega wasn't attacking! Suture tentatively made her way to the bedside, not believing it, but as she looked into Mega's eyes, she could no longer see the madness that had resided within her moments before. She did, however see pain- incredible pain. Well, it made sense- with her injuries, she was lucky to be conscious right now. Suture located her bag, which was luckily just behind her, searching it for a few moments before levitating a syringe out, in which a clear liquid resided. Taking Mega's foreleg in her telekinesis, she injected the contents of the syringe into her. What was contained was a strong painkiller, probably enough to reduce Mega's pain into something more manageable. She stepped back, storing the syringe and looking to the new pony. "I'm assuming you're the doctor I told the smith to fetch?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Textile Worker, Medical Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 am

Mercy coughed into her hoof and got back up. "I assume you are the doctor the smith got to patch her wounds." She looked back at Megabyte, seeing and feeling the drug take affect. Good, she would not need to take on that pain. She looked back to the doctor, "Good job." She proceeded around her to the opposite side of the smith, checking her eyes. They were normal, reacting to light, no longer constricted. "We need to set up an IV. She needs plasma and blood. Do you happen to know her type? And for that matter where we can get blood?" She looked to the doctor or the smith for an answer.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:51 am

Suture nodded, listening to what the other doctor had to say. "That's a little difficult. I'm not so sure simply because I don't have the equipment nor spellset to test for such a thing, but if we're lucky, perhaps one of us has the correct blood," she said, glancing over to Mega. Er... She was still restrained. Undoing the restraints in a prompt fashion, she damn near disposed of them, placing them in a corner of the room quite far away from them. "First thing's first, though: make sure she's no longer bleeding heavily," she said matter-of-factly, looking to the bloodstained sheets that had acted as a makeshift bandage. They looked to be bled through, however Suture couldn't see much blood elsewhere. "It's the chair's wound that I'm most worried about."
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 am

Steel shook his head. "No clue...Im sorry. This isn't exactly a medical facility..." he said, matter-of-factly. He stepped back as Suture removed the restraints, but his eyes never left Mega. He knew that the two medics would do their best to help Mega. Suture because she was allowing the mare a place of shelter, and Mercy because Mega had saved her life a few hours ago. He just hoped they knew enough to fix her up properly.

Last edited by Steel Strike on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 am

"My place, in the undermarket. It has all my supplies. If we can get her there, I should have everything a normal medical facility needs." Her assistant had been moving everything from the clinic the a new place in the undermarket. She continued checking the Megabyte, her pulse, her wounds, her mouth...oh hayseeds her mouth. Mercy looked upon Megabyte with pitty. "Yes, I should have everything we need." She walked up to the doctor "you did an excellent job. Where did you learn your surgical skills?"
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

Suture frowned a bit. Though moving her woukd be best, it would be difficult. Turning back to the other doctor, who seemed to be disgusted by something, she began to speak. "I kinda went to school for this. Almost certified... alas, the griffons attacked. Now, how do you propose we move this mare? On the matress, with restraints perhaps?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 am

"We can try a makeshift cot. Strap her to it, levitate her slowly." She began looking around for things they could use. "Smith look for anything we can use as the support. Bars or anything we could use."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am

Steel did as was ordered, and looked around for something. He quickly found several pieces of 2 by 4 left over for some ill-gotten project. He quickly brought each one out to the two. "I hope these will do...Not much else in her shop I can use.." he said sheepishly. He was hoping they could move her pain free...
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 am

Mega couldn't do much more than drearily watch the others as they spoke and planned to move her to somewhere else. Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, wincing a bit as she only managed to hurt herself due to her ribs. She had no clue how she ended up in the position she was in for the moment, but she regretted it. Not because of her pain... But because of what she was putting the others through... Most of all, Steel.

"...Theelie...I'm...I'm thorry..." She said quietly, a small tear rolling down her cheek.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 pm

"Perhaps," Suture said, looking upon the 2-by-4 with interest. It could work, however there were the issues of the material's strength and if it could even fit through the door with a pony on it. Rather, if it would injure that pony more. In any case, Suture could not hear Mega. Her voice was too quiet, and nor was she even looking in her general direction. Thus, it would be impossible to even recognize that she was speaking.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

"You said she took a fall?" she examined Megabyte's neck and spine. It seemed to be relatively uninjured for the most part. Moving her should be simple. She looked at the boards, then at the door, "Hmm, is there perhaps another way besides that door to get her out? Maybe a back door or a window space." She began gathering cloth from anything she could find, airing it out and placing it to the side. "Start making the cot, we want it stable enough that she won't move on it." Mercy took a deep breath after this. The emotions in the room proving too be a challenge for her. She had to keep focus, had to.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Steel paid little attention to the mares. He heard Mega's apology. He trotted up to her. "No...no, no, no. Im the one that should be sorry. Im sorry I couldn't protect you..." Steel said, smiling despite his words. He was still glad to have her alive, and not insane. "Be strong, Megs...I think we'll be moving you somewhere much more comfortable." he said, with a chuckle. He knew she would be, and that she could make the journey.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

A few tears rolled down Mega's cheeks as she looked up at Steel. She gave the smith a small nod to show she understood that she would be moving to another location soon. "Theelie... It ithn't your fault..." She replied quietly after hearing Steel's apology. "I'm...I'm the one that...made everypony worry..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

"No, worrying is natural, Megs. It's not your fault that I worried..." he said, with another chuckle. "Now rest...You need to regain your strength if your going to recover.." he said, hoping she would agree, and moved aside so the medic ponies could go to work.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

"Well... I'm not sure." Suture pondered this for a moment. Was there another way out? Probably not. "... No, only the front door." She looked back toward Steel, comforting Mega. A thought crossed her mind- but it was quickly expelled. A visible jerk of her form occurred from this.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

"Hmm," she began putting together the cot. The boards placed down, the cloth stretched tightly over them, just like her dad's book had told her. She made sure is was large enough to hold Megabyte while still being small enough to barely fit through the door. "We are going to have to strap her down in this," she said without looking up. Her expression was focused, stern, and determined. The emotions in the room were starting to get to her. I have to be stronger. I can't let any of them down. she finished with the cot. "Alright, now we need to lift her evenly onto it." She placed it on an even surface next to the bed, "Ready?"
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Suture nodded, however first levitating the restraints back over toward her. Apparently they'd come in handy... or hoof-y... Whatever. Anyway! Suture's horn flared, her nimbus of magic enveloping Mega. Hopefully, Mercy would pull her own weight too. Whatever she lifted with her telekinesis, Suture would match. Still, she was ready whenever Mercy was. Hopefully this could be done without something happening. Something always happened at a time like this!
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Mercy's horn glowed and her magic joined the doctor's. "On three. One, two, three," her horn flared as the magic levitated Megabyte. Keeping her even, not shifting her spine or leg proved very difficult. Her face grimaced as she worked to keep her steady. It only took a few moments until Megabyte was on the cot. "Alright, now for the hard part." She took a small breath before her horn glowed again, a soft cyan aura over the cot. "Go ahead and secure her onto it."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 pm

A simple nod. The three straps were taken up in Suture's magic, placing them in the same positions as used to restrain Mega moments before. As she tightened them, a jerk followed as each was completed. They were tight enough to keep Mega from moving, and thus slightly painful. However, she could probably not feel the pain in her drugged state. Suture nodded toward Mercy when she was completed, her magic enveloping the cot and Mega as well.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Steel looked at the two as they secured Mega. He hoped she'd be comfortable. His magic still wasn't in the best condition. "Um, I'll take point out through the tunnel. Can't use my magic much right now..." he said, rubbing his head, still having quite a headache. He looked at Mega, who was slowly drifting unconscious. "Just relax." he said, soothingly.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:08 pm

"On three, one, two, three," Her horn glowed bright as she levitated the cot with the other doctor. "Alright Smith, you lead us bak to the Undermarket. I'll show you where to go from there." She looked at Megabyte in the cot. The drugs were doing their job, for the better. She smiled softly for a moment before her headache took her attention. She grimaced slightly then pushed it to the back of her mind. She needed to focus. Almost done
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Steel nodded and made his way to the bookcase. He opened it as wide as it could. He looked at the trio. He sighed and entered the tunnel, with a faint glow barely enough to illuminate the surrounding area in front of himself.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Suture simply followed along, keeping the cot stable whilst they proceeded toward Mercy's clinic. Not much else happened.. Unless conversation was made. However, Suture was too focused upon keeping the cot stable.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 pm

They made their way into the Undermarket. Mercy made sure to tell the Smith how to get to her new clinic. It wasn't much of anything yet. Her assistant was still bringing in her equipment, books, and notes from the old clinic. She managed to procure an abandoned building on the west side of the Market. It was fairly spacious, with a few beds already set up, with sheets hanging from the ceiling to provide privacy. Most of her equipment was still in the old clinic, but enough was here to get started.

"Alright, place her in the bed over here." She motioned to a bed set up in a back room. "This will be where she can stay until she is healed up." They made sure to not shift her too much as they transferred her into the bed. It was a fairly nice bed, obviously not meant for patients. The room was nice, even if their was no window. "Alright," Mercy left the room. She grabbed a plasma pack and a stand. She came back and began setting it up. "I still need to know what blood type you are," She looked to see if Megabyte was awake, hoping that she would maybe know. "Doctor, feel free to stay if you would like, I could use your skill. Smith, I know you want to stay with her, but I need my equipment from the old clinic. If you could help my assistant collect it, that would help her more than you staying here." She put the IV into Megabytes leg. Almost done.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Steel nodded. He'd do anything to help Megs. "Of course. Just tell me what you need, and I'll get it." he said, confidently. He hoped she had the address or something, because he had no clue where it was.

Last edited by Steel Strike on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Mega felt dreary and rather out of focus, but she was able to hear those around her without too much of a problem. Upon hearing Mercy's question, she slowly looked at the doctor and tried her hardest to gather her thoughts together enough to remember what she had heard so long ago from a doctor visit in the past. "I...I think they...thaid I wath...B...p-pothitive..." She struggled to reply, the combination of the pain killers in her system and her own weakness making it a struggle to speak.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:59 pm

As Suture set the cot down in a corner, she herself sat down, panting heavily. The exhaustion from carrying it as well as the injured pegasus frankly made her really tired. Simply put, the endurance combined with the weight taxed her a bit more than usual. After she had regained her strength, she nodded to Mercy, watching with some intent as she did her work. Suture, having taken her bag with her, had set it down beside herself. From it, she withdrew a small bottle of pills, opening it and levitating one out, popping it into her mouth as she closed the bottle and placed it back in it's respective spot. A slight smirk crossed her face.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm

"Alright, Smith here is what I need," She levitated a pen and began writing on a parchment. She did this while still setting up the plasma pack. Her multitasking skills truly coming in handy here. Levitating the parchment to him, she left the room. On the list, a number of technical terms were listed, tools, books, and blood. She had a small collection, mostly "donations" from less than reputable types. but enough was there, hopefully, for Megabyte. She came back with a few blankets and more bandages. "Doctor you were showed great skill at dressing wounds. Come do it again." Her voice was flat, and her face was focused; she showed no emotion at all. She couldn't. Taking her mind off of the emotions by completely absorbing herself in her task was all she could do to keep from passing out. Almost done.

Her assistant met the Smith outside the room. He nodded to him, a very large saddle bag on his back. Not saying anything, he proceeded out the clinic.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Suture nodded, beginning to once again stand. She took the bandages in her magic, undoing the sheets that had once acted as an improvised bandaging. She looked upon the wound- it had stopped bleeding, mostly. She cursed, rather loudly, she began to apply the bandages, doing so by wrapping them around Mega's chest in an effort to cover anywhere the blood could spread if it indeed did decide to bleed through the bandages. A jerk signaled the completion of their application, as Suture looked over to Mercy. "I'd suggest running some antibiotics when you go to change those. Not too sure on the sanitary state of that bed and those sheets..." She trailed off, looking toward the incapacitated Mega.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Mercy did not look up," My sheets and bandages are sanitary, about the only ones that are." She finished setting everything up for Megabyte, the whole thing reminiscent of the old hospitals before the war. The air even smelled nice. "Hopefully they will bring me my supplies, I should have a few antibiotics and more sanitary bandaging and tools." She finally looked up to the doctor, "You did a great job, I would love to..." all at once she hit the floor, eyes half closed. It was finally done.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 am

Suture's eyes jumped wide herself. Unexpectedly, the mare before her fell unconscious, and quite literally, "fell" is the best term. She was on the ground. Logically, Suture checked her pulse. Okay, she was still alive. Next, she levitated her quickly onto Suture's back. It would be less taxing to move her this way. She quickly moved to one of the other, unoccupied beds, and placed her on it. Good. Now it wouldn't be too hard to assess what happened. Suture began to examine Mercy, looking for any sign of injury or problem. That pill was beginning to work, and it was beginning to work very well.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Nothing physically was wrong; her breathing and heart rate were all normal. It was the strain of working that hard and long in the presence of so many ponies. She could used everything she had to not be affected by it, that once her job was done, her mind shut down. This was a very common occurrence with her. In a few minutes, or hours, she would be fine.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2