MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated)

3 posters

Go down

Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated) Empty Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Nov 3, Year 4

A bleak whistle filled the room, as the windy streets above the hideaway vibrated across the lip of the drains. The room was dampened mold and mush; nothing lingered here but the stench of decay. A wooden table of rotten pine sat in the center, and atop of it a lamp. The lamp was the only source of light in this darkness, and the flicker of its flame made the room shake and tremble with the every passing breeze.

The only figure in the room was a black-clothed griffin, who hugged the shadows like an omen, waiting for the mare who had agreed to meet him. This was the contact location, well hidden to those who didn't know of it, but otherwise easy to access for those who did. The directions he had given her had been accurate... he hoped.

(((Background: Freyia, the scroll and information in it lead you to this location in the sewers. You have been told that you will meet a contact from the OGI who has work for you, and promises of advancement.)))

(((Atriark, I am giving you the responsibility of describing the environment of your town, and piloting the npc's. We are only going to be in this sewer for a few posts to get the thread going with motive and all.)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Freyia arrived at the coordinates. She gave a disappointing look, "Well, this is looking promising. But, anything to get out of mess duty again." She proceeded to look around. Nothing but a table and a lamp could be seen.

She clenched her spear tightly, feeling the presence of another. She took slow, shallow breaths as she scanned the room a little more, looking for the one who was watching her. She was not scared, she was prepared.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Of Valkyries and Zebra-kin: The Kidnapping of the Atriark Clan [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:07 pm

The Praetor moved from the shadow as to not startle the pony. He didn't make any sudden movements. "I'm here. No worries, I'm just your contact."

He walked from the shadow to the table, and removed his cloak. His feathers bristled against the fabric, and he stretched to remove the cramps from having stood in one place for so long.

"I take it that you didn't have any trouble finding the place?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Glitter Hoof, that was the name of the town they were at. It was a small mining town with most of the population being coal miners. The town was laid out simply. Houses were clumped together at the south end of town. Across the river was a single restuarant and a half dozen other shops surrounding it. At the west end of town, against the mountain, was the coal mine. The houses were designed much like Ponyville's and the stores more like Manehattan. The bridge, which one would have to take to get to either side of the town, was a tripple arch high bridge. It was built high to compensate for the river's annual flooding which helped the farming town a few miles east.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

"No sir, I did not." Freyia took her position on the other side of the table. She remained standing at attention, looking down at the griffon and the table, her spear leaning on her shoulder.

She waited a few moments, not wanting to step out of her bounds against a hire ranking officer, and watched the griffon.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm

"Relax, there is no need for decorum here," the griffin said, leaning onto the table with his talons. "If you must know, I am technically not even part of the chain of command you normally report too, so if that helps you any, take it as you will."

"The reason we contacted you is due to you exemplary service record, and loyalty to the Kingdoms. The Prudentate and I have reviewed your file many times, and were surprised to find that your records are cleaner and more admirable than half of the griffin candidates that we review. It is to this end that I am formally extending you an invitation to the Prudentate, as Centurion Exita. It is a high ranking within the Office of Griffin Intelligence, and would give you much more responsibility and status then your current affair. Does that interest you?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Freyia did not budge at this, but her ears twitched at the mention of a promotion. This is something that she has wanted for a long time. She had not heard of the OGI other than it existed. "That interests me very much so sir. But doesn't the OGI deal in espionage and spying. I don't know how my skills would come to help such an organization. I am a soldier, just a grunt."
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 pm

The Praetor straightened up. "Skills can be taught and forgotten, and jobs come and go. But loyalties- loyalties go to the grave, Miss. Freyia. Your loyalty is what interested us in you. You would be surprised how valuable a soldier can be, when given the right training and resources. So don't belittle yourself- you have proven your value to us a hundredfold, and we don't extend these offers to any 'spy' or 'assassin' who comes off the streets."

"It will be good for your career, Miss. Freyia. Something outside of the standard of a grunt or foot soldier."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 pm

Freyia looked at the ground. The thought of being more, more than just fodder on the battle field, to be tossed aside afterward, was something that filled her with hope. She had always dreamed of moving up in rank during the war, and this was her chance. However, he said 'spy' and 'assassin' and those words sent a chill through her spine. Her hair stood up on her back as she looked up to the griffon. "I warn you, I am not a good spy or assassin, even if you do train me."

She paused for a moment, thinking it over deeply. The odds were she would be doing things she disagreed with, dishonorable, terrible things. But, she needed to move on. After 14 years, it was about time the griffons gave her something. She finally answered, "I guess I have to say yes, don't I. Not much point in being a front lines soldier when there are no more front lines." She moved her spear off of her chest, then bowed before the griffon.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Now that the Exita seemed to fall into her role, August began to discuss the mission at hand. "We needed to meet down here, because we are embarking on a mission, to both test your ability to improvise orders; also, to capture some important rebel targets. We will be leaving in a few minutes if you are up to the task. Successful completion of this mission will be considered entry into the Centurions."

"Now, follow me."

------

(((EXIT: THE PRAETOR LEAVES THE SCENE))))

(((Freyia, post, and then we will appear at the town of Glitterhoof)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:23 pm

"Yes sir," Freyia followed behind. Although her body did not show it, her adrenaline kicked up, and her senses heightened. She was excited for this new job. Finally she would get some action.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

(((Copy-paste of description)))

Glitter Hoof, that was the name of the town they were at. It was a small mining town with most of the population being coal miners. The town was laid out simply. Houses were clumped together at the south end of town. Across the river was a single restuarant and a half dozen other shops surrounding it. At the west end of town, against the mountain, was the coal mine. The houses were designed much like Ponyville's and the stores more like Manehattan. The bridge, which one would have to take to get to either side of the town, was a tripple arch high bridge. It was built high to compensate for the river's annual flooding which helped the farming town a few miles east.

--------------------------

The Praetor and his Centurion-candidate approached the town from the road from Manehatten. The Praetor walked, trying to view the attitudes of the people in the town. "I don't know how much presence the Kingdoms keeps in this town. We should stop by a dinner or something, and loiter around a bit to get an idea of who the denizens- see how they react to us and such."

August grinned. "What am I doing- Centurion, this is your test. Take the lead." He handed the Centurion a small slip of paper with several names on it. "I will help you if you ask, but those are the names of the people we are looking for. I want you to call the shots. I'll be evaluating."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Freyia looked around the town. It looked small enough, like everypony knew each other. It seemed like the war missed this spot entirely. Aside from the occasional broken down building, the town seemed normal. She took the list and read the names. All part of the same family, hmm. She didn't like this kind of job, but she had to do it. Her pride was too great.

She looked at the griffon, the intimidating creature that screamed I WORK FOR THE EMPIRE. Freyia had never done anything like this, but she was not stupid, she understood what must be done. "Um, sir, they might talk to me easier if you were not here. Is there somewhere in the background you can watch me from? I mean, if that is alright with you sir." She bowed her head slightly.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 pm

(((I thought Atriark was going to post soon, but I think he left.)))

The griffin nodded, and was off without another word. He quickly vanished into the sky, and would be watching his Centurion candidate at all times. He knew her intent- reduce the risk of recognition as an imperial agent. He was glad she made the request, because it meant that she understood the nature of the mission. She knew that is meant this was more than rampage through Lillyput.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Ijadi closed the door to his store and slid a key into the lock. Not many visited his store, and even less did after lunch. So there was no point in keeping it open after mid-day. The old zebra stallion didn't care, it meant he could go home to his wife earlier.

He finished locking up and slid the key under his shirt before turning down the street. It wouldn't take him long to go home, so he decided to take a little stop on his way to the only restuarant in town. He quite like the store and the unicorn who ran it. He would happily keep eating there, if only to keep the store running.

The zebra whistled happy tune as he trot. Maybe he would go an buy a rose for his wife? Maybe buy something for his young daughter as well? He really missed his son and wished that he would come visit once.s
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Freyia looked around for a good hiding spot. In the back of an alley was a number of boxes and stacks of hay. She moved into it and, hiding behind them, removed her armor and her spear and covered it in the corner. She kept her cloak as she stepped out into the streets. "Now, time to observe." For a while she watched the way the ponies interacted. To be honest, this was the first time she had really watched ponies in their 'natural habitat'.

After she had gleaned how to act around these ponies, she went into a small restaurant, similar to a diner. She looked around as she took a seat at the counter. She felt naked and vulnerable without her armor and weapon, but she quickly shook those feelings away. This was her chance, and she was not going to let it get away.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 am

Ijadi trot happily into the restaurant, still whistling. He went strait for the counter. "Hey Clove."

The slightly grating earth pony behind the counter smiled at the zebra. "Hi there Ija," he said cheerily. "How's the misses and your daughter?"

Ijadi smiled. "Oh they're good. Little one's just gotten over a cold."

"That's good to hear. I heard Shani's birthday was recently. How old is she?"

"She turned Eighteen last week." Ijadi said, climbing onto a chair.

Clove went into the kitchen and started preparing Ijadi's meal. He had been there so often and had ordered the same thing, Clove no longer had to ask him what he wanted. "Any word form your wayward son?" the earth pony cook asked through the serving window.

"No word from Atriark." Ijadi rested on the counter. "Sometimes I fear he may be dead..."

"Oh don't say that Ijad. He's probably just has his hooves full."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Freyia's ears perked up at the sound of one of her names being said. She listened to the conversation. Well, now at least I don't have to ask around, seems here he is. Hmm, guess I will follow him. Freyia waited for the zebra to leave. She was going to tail him from a distance, just to see where he lived. She had an idea to strike once it was night time. Get in, get them, get out. However there was one major hole in her plan, How the hell am I going to capture three zebras?
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 am

(((HAHAHA, HOW INDEED. BE CREATIVE- USE A LARGE BURLAP BAG.)))

The raven griffin stuck to the shadowy hills and brush creeping about in the dusky undergrowth. He withdrew an ocular device from his long woolen coat, and took a gaze down its glassy hollow. The place he had watched his Centurion candidate go, was a small diner by the center of town. The glass windows allowed one to look inside, so August did. The diner was host to several ponies, including Freyia, as well as some Zebra types.

August found a comfortable groove in the dirt that allowed him to lay on his belly and watch the diner. Seeing as nothing was happening yet, the Praetor removed a small note pad from his pocket, and begun to doodle out a rough sketch of the town. It wasn't really a necessity- the town was far too small to need to be navigated- but he found the activity a good means of passing the time.

He began to hum to himself, and after finishing his scribble of the nearby hamlet lifted the oculary to peek at the diner.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 am

A few minutes later Clove came out with Ijadi's meal of two cooked potatoes with a side of parsley. Ijadi thanked his friend and proceeded to eat. Once he was finished, which took a few minutes, the zebra slid his plate aside and said, "How much do I owe you Clove?"

"Just four bits today," Clove said, trotting from the kitchen and scooping the used plate onto his back. "Call it a loyal customer discount."

Ijadi chuckled and tossed four rusty bits onto the counter. "Thank you Clove."

"Now go," Clove slid the bits into his pocket. "Get out of here and go see the wife. Tell her I said hi."

Ijadi headed for the door and Clove went over to the mare at the counter. "Sorry miss. What can I get you?"
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Freyia looked up at the pony named Clove. She had been drinking water this whole time, making sure not to ever look at her mark. She just listened. She gave the pony a warm fake smile, "Actually, I am not that hungry at the moment. Thank you."

She proceeded out of the diner and into town. It was time to see where he and his family lived. She made sure to keep a good distance and never raise attention to herself. If he stopped she would pretend to be looking at wares or turn a corner nonchalantly. In her mind she thought of how she was exactly going to pull this job off.

I could knock them out and bind them, then the griffon and I could carry them away. This is a test, what if asking for his help is weakness? Maybe he wants to see if I can do this all on my own. Damn! Maybe if I pretend to threaten his daughter or wife they will comply. That would mean getting my stuff after finding out where he lives. What if others interrupt during it? Well, non lethal means first, I don't want to kill anypony, unless I have to. Gods I hope he comes quietly.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 am

Clove quirked an eyebrow in confusion before shaking his head slowly and sliding Freyia's glass into the sink on the other side of the counter. Ijadi, full and back outside, began whistling again. He looked around lazily, but never looked backwards as he made his way through the town. The jolly tune he was whistling came to an end, and he began whistling another, more solemn tune. The graying zebra stopped next to an alley, contemplated a moment, then stepped in.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm

A black streak flew above Freyia before vanishing once again. After it was gone, a small note folded into a bird flitted down to the ground in front of her. Though the note was folded, if she chose to open it the message might read thus: 'I will be watching. Make an innocuous gesture with your hoof if you need me. Otherwise assume that I am watching.'

August hoped that she had received the note- he was bored, and hoped she had need of him. The Praetor's gaze didn't waver from her, and she seemed to be tailing a Zebra. The Zebra matched the profile, but August honestly couldn't tell if it was the kin that they were looking for. Maybe he was, but it wasn't for him to tell. Centurions had to know when to take the initiative for the good of the Prudentatae, and if it meant sometimes making mistakes then so be it. This wasn't a perfect organization, but it got by.

Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am

Freyia watched as he went into the ally. Hmm, this doesn't seem right. It was then the note landed on her muzzle. She opened and read it, then looked around for the griffon. He was nowhere to be seen. At least now I know he has my back. She slowly trotted over to the alley. Trying to remain hidden, she peaked around the side to see what the zebra was doing.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

When Freyia looked around the corner, Ijadi was no where to be seen. The alley was dark, the sun having ceased to shine there a few hours ago. There wasn't a lot of places to hide though. Just one crate lay against the left wall and a garbage can against the right further down. It was entirely possible that the older zebra had just rushed through the alley.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Freyia looked carefully around (spot check 29 lol jk). After a few short moments she took to the sky. She flew straight up and hovered in place scanning the ally, and the adjacent streets. No, could have lost him. Impossible, it was only a few seconds.

She was very careful to look for an signs of where the zebra could have disappeared to. Additionally she looked for other ponies who may have been watching or on to her. He may have help.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:15 am

Ijadi was in the adjoining street, having picked up his pace to get home faster. He was a tad paranoid of alleys, having one too many bad experiences in them in Canterlot. The older zebra wanted to get home to his wife before his daughter got home from school.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 am

Freyia saw that now was her chance to grab him. There were no ponies paying attention. With a swift dive she grabbed the zebra with her forelegs under his forelegs and wrapped around his back. She quickly carried him high into the sky, away from anypony's eyes and ears.

"Where is your family? Where is you family!?"

She continued to fly up.

"If you don't tell me, I drop you here and now." She wouldn't really do that. Even lying about it was hard enough, but she needed to do a good job. She needed to be respected.

"If you tell me, I promise no harm will come to them. Just tell me where." They were very high up by the time she stopped. He was a heavy equine, but she had the strength to hold on. However, if he were to struggle, she may lose her grip, and her chances at the promotion.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Ijadi tried his best not to panic. But still, his eyes widened, his heart beat frantically, and his started breathing rapidly. "T-they-they're at home.... D...daughter is...is at school.... W-what do y-you want with them...?"
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

"I don't want anything. However, the people I work for, they seem to want you and your family. Now I don't want to hurt any of you, but that all depends on how you act. Where do you live?" Freyia's voice was flat and monotone. She did not move while she spoke.

He is heavier than he looks
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Ijadi's heart raced even more. He knew that the gryphons were here to take him and his family away. But what could he do? If he didn't comply, he would die and then the gryphons would more than likely harm his family.

"Sm-small house," Ijadi spoke, beginning to squirm uncomfortably. "Only o-one window on the...the second floor..."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Freyia looked at him confused. Well, that was easy.

She began to fly over to a rural spot outside of town. She lowered their altitude to only a few hundred feet. She looked around, maybe the griffon was watching. She nodded her head in the air in various places, hoping that the griffon would divine her intention; she wanted him to take the zebra away.

"Alright, a griffon will come and take you away zebra. I suggest you do as he says. Don't try and do anything stupid now."
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Ijadi looked at the ground below. Would he survive such a fall? No, he'd be die for sure. But he just gave up. No fight or anything. This wouldn't do. He wrapped an arm around the pegasus's head and, with a swift strike, awkwardly punched her in the throat.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Freyia took the hit in surprise. Her head knocked up and to the side. It wasn't that powerful, but at the angle it was enough to make her see stars. She shook them away. What the hay?

Oh, and she dropped him.

She quickly darted after, reaching him just before he hit the ground. All she could do was push them both to the side, shifting their energy.

The pony and the zebra hit and rolled on the ground, bouncing a few times before coming to a stop. Freyia had taken worse hits. She quickly stood up and looked to make sure the Zebra was still breathing, dirt and scrapes scattered across her coat. "Stupid Zebra". She slowly trotted up to him.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm

The zebra grunted as when he impacted the earth. Ijadi writhed on the ground, trying to regain the breath that was knocked out of him when hit. When he did, he got to his hooves slowly. "If you think I'm just...gonna let you take my family. You're wrong."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am

(((Sorry for being so long to post. Been very bad about backlogging lately.)))

The Praetor swooped in, touching down lightly next to the elder Zebra. "Sorry for my lateness, I honestly did not expect that to go that way."

He removed a small syringe from his pocket and jabbed it into Ijadi's thigh. "Go on and find the rest, I've got this one." Pretty soon the tranquilizer would take hold, allowing the Griffin to maneuver the Zebra without fear of recourse. "Now now, Mr. Zebra- don't be too bothersome," he said, seizing the Zebra's rear leg. "We're just going to go to sleep, and wake up so much better."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Freyia spit a little blood from her mouth as she watched the zebra fade off. "Thank you sir. I'll get the others and bring them here." She began a steady trot back to town.

She knew which house it was, but didn't quite know how to exactly handle the rest of this. She went back to her stash and grabbed her armor and weapon. She used the back allies and hiding spots to avoid being seen completely. Her cloak did a good job at hiding her armor.

She arrived at the house and waited till there were no ponies watching to run up behind it. She would sneak in and subdue the other two zebras, then take them back to the griffon.

Almost done.

She let out a sigh and slowly opened the back door. Letting out a sigh, she crept in.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down