MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed] Empty Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed]

Post by Tayari Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 pm

January 2, After Curfew

Looking around a corner of a building, scanning for any signs of movement or griffons, a nervous Earth pony waited. When finally he was satisfied that he could move freely, he began to sneak out of a corner and to the front door of a tiny little store. With every step, he was aware of the fear that his bag of bits might make just a little too much noise.

Opening the door, still keeping sound to a minimum at the expense of time, he entered the alchemy store to be greeted by the zebra store owner's stern glare, apparent even as it was lit by mere candlelight.

"Close the door quickly, you idiot. If someone sees you, I'm not covering for you."

Frowning at the statement, the pony nevertheless complied, closing the door. "I still don't get why you've got this thing running, if you're so scared of the griffons."

The pair walked over to the counter, positioning themselves in an imitation of a legitimate, everyday business deal. "Oh, many reasons. A big 'screw you' to the 'terrifying' birdbrains, for one. Alright, same old story: What are you looking to buy tonight?"

Last edited by Tayari on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed] Empty Re: Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed]

Post by Doppelbob Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:10 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

It was a quiet time as usual as Restless flew around the city. She was flying close to the roofs to get cover fast if any griffon would see her. She was looking still looking for a new home.

Restless was flying low, when she saw a light from something that looked like a shop. She knew the was the curfes, so she was a bit corious who would open his shope even after the curfew. She slowly made her way to the ship without being noticed by the griffon patrols. She sneaked to the window and risked a view inside.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed] Empty Re: Not Quite Legitimate [Private] [Closed]

Post by Tayari Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Tayari was, at this time, explaining: "Well, tonight's your lucky night. I've got a couple of new recipes that I haven't fully tested. One looks to be a fairly small but energetic explosive: If you want to test that out for me and get back to me on your observations, you'll get rewarded."

Of the two, only Tayari was facing the window, and he was more focused on the current conversation than he was on any of the windows. As such, he missed the batpony looking through the window, for the moment at least. If she lingered much longer, though, that would likely change.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless saw a zebra talking with a pony. it was obvious the zebra was the shop owner since he stood behinf the counter. She was wondering what he would sell at this time. Maybe he would trade some illegal things, which would explain why the trade was at night. maybe it was something explosive or some poisen against griffons.

Or maybe they worked for the griffons and the trade was at nights because nopony is on the streets then.

She wasn´t sure about this. anyhoof, she wanted to find out and it seems the only way was going into the shop. if they were griffon sided she could at leas flee fast into the black night.

Restless looked out for griffons before entering the door. "uhm hello." she said to the two, standing in the door to let open her escape way.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Both Tayari and the earth pony looked at the batpony, surprised. The zebra spoke after a few seconds, asking forcefully, "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

The earth pony, meanwhile, shrank away to the side quietly, not wanting to get involved in whatever was happening.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:33 pm

[Resstless Nightmare]

Restless still stood in the door. "the better question is who are you to make trades after the curfew?" she knew that would sound like she is on the griffon side, but first she had to know about them. then she could answear their question. Restless looked around to see if there would any other ponies or griffons inside she hadnt seen from the window.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Tayari replied in monotone, as if not even caring how convincing it sounded, "Making trades? This is just as much my home as my shop. I'm simply talking to a family friend who's a guest in my home for the new year." Looking over to the bag of bits, he added, "He's a very generous person. Insists on giving gifts to help me get by."

He looked back to the batpony with a glare. "Now unless you can prove otherwise, I suggest you answer my question. Who in Tartarus are you, and why are you in here?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

The fact the zebra was lying told restless he wasn´t from the griffons. She walked a step foreward to close the door. "the fact you were lying says me you are not from the griffons. Well me neither. I´m just a curious batpony that likes to fly around at nights." She looked closely at the goods . "i see many interresting stuff here, tell what exactly do you sell? and i don´t mean the things standing here. i mean the things you sell at nights like the things you sel this pony over here." she signed at the other pony.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 pm

"I don't know what you're talking about, stranger," the zebra replied, and he began reaching for something under the counter. "A strange pony walks into my shop at night and starts asking what kinds of deals I'd make under cover of night? Refuses to answer anything asked of her?" Placing a sharp knife onto the counter, he continued. "I'm not so stupid as to report that to the griffons who'd probably turn on me in a heartbeat, but I have less than no reason to trust you, and I'm not willing to treat an untrustworthy pony with much courtesy at the moment."

Tayari scowled. "So you've got three choices. You can get out and forget this encounter ever happened, you can give me some reason to trust you..." Grabbing the knife, he finished, "Or you keep testing me and I get to find out just how well I've sharpened this."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless was laughing at the zebra. "you could try to harm me, but i guess my experience is way ahead in combat. I served long enough for the Equestrian Military to get ponies like you to the ground in no time. you ask why you should trust me?" she said walking towards the counter, "maybe because you are talking with a Mayor." she said, placing her self in a heroic pose.
"anyhoof. I´m really just curious. its a blind chance i found your shop here. do you want more information? oh and please put down that butterknife." She said with an arrogant tone.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Tayari inhaled, about to speak, but was interrupted by the earth pony. "Look, Tayari, if she were working for griffons she'd already have run out of here with more than enough evidence. And if she's telling the truth-"

"If," cut in the zebra, "If she is. Then I still have the advantage of knowing this place better than the back of my hoof, including the contents of every vial and the place of every weapon."

"Isn't there a reason you have the rule about violence in here, though?" the pony commented.

Tayari sighed. "...Fine. You're right." Looking at the batpony, he said, "You've earned yourself no respect, but plenty of contempt from me, Major, but my... friend has reminded me it would be stupid to harm you. But you are no more than an uninvited intruder in my home, so don't think yourself so high above me. If you want to do business, you answer my questions first, for I won't humor you until you do; if not, get the buck out. Those are your only choices."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:45 am

[Restless Nighmare]

Restless face expression was now more angered. "I tried defending this land, and this is what i get as Thanks. Anyhoof, i answeared your stupid question. I am an ex-major that randomly flew around and spotted your shop. and now i just want to know what kin of stuff you sell at this late time. I don´t want to harm you, neither i want to report you to the filthy griffons."
She walked closer to the counter. "so do you tell me now? or what?" she asked a bit annoyed.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Tayari sighed. "Alright. Fine. This is Poisonous Fronts, the occasionally-open nighttime alchemy store. The difference compared to daytime is, now, griffon rules are tossed out the window including restrictions on what to sell, and my own rules are enforced. Speaking of: First rule: No bloodshed. Second: I'll only sell you something if you're smart enough to use it wisely. Third: If you buy here and resell elsewhere, you will be made to pay."
Tayari thought for a second, "Just for you, I'll add a new rule: I don't care about what you were, are, or could be. You haven't got the right to act like you own the store. Though I'll congratulate you for being in the service. Welcome, Major Stranger, to Poisonous Fronts."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

"I undertsand" Restless simply said a bit grumpy. No one was at least a bit thankful or showed respect. "So could you specify the things you sell espacially at nights? could it be that you may have some minor explosives? or some poisen? i really could need soe for my long bow." she said, hoping he had some.

She also wanted to know if he possibly has some connections or at least informations about a rebellion. but first the other pony had to leave.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Tayari didn't have the same problems with discussing the rebels in front of the other customer. "I think I can provide some explosives, if you're able to pay for it. I was just telling him," pointing to the earth pony, "About a mix that needs a bit more testing; small, but energetic explosions. Could work for a distractions or sandwich-destroying, and if you get back to me with info on your observations of it, you get a discount on future purchases. Otherwise, if you want something proven to be destructive, I didn't hear any objections from the rebels about the stuff I gave them."
He just couldn't resist a little bit of boastful promotion.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:48 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless wasnt there to get stuff that maybe works. she neded things that will do what they are for. her ear peaked up as she heard the word "rebellion". she ignored the other customer didn´t left since the zebra was ignoring it too.
"rebellion you say?" she asked curious "I heared rumors about rebellions but i didn´t know there is one right here. thats interresting." she was looking to the window before continueing. "is there a possible way you can get me into contact to one of them? Since i´m higly interrested in fighting the griffons back, you know. and as an ex-major i guess i can help managing the troops a bit."
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 am

Tayari was silent for several seconds, as he thought on the request. He eventually said, "I... suppose I could. I'd been meaning to get in contact with them again. I'm reluctant to lead you to them without at least warning them ahead of time and letting them get some say, but... Hang on."

Looking at the Earth Pony, he asked, "Hey, Light, would fifteen bits get you to pass a message to the Rebel leader next time you see her? Say something about how I want to discuss working with her again, and so does a..." Inspecting Restless for a second, he continued, "A... batpony, no name given, but claims to be a former Major. If she sends a message back, I'll pay for that, too."

The Earth Pony nodded, saying, "Yeah, I can do that."

As Tay went through the process of giving 15 bits, he said to Restless, "Alright. I've got two potion lamps outside. They're my message system. If I get a message back from the Rebel leader, I'll change their colour to... no, actually, I'll extinguish just one of them. If you see that, you're welcome inside and I'll discuss details. Unless you have objections to any part of this?" he asked, genuinely inquiring.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:46 am

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless nodded "okay, thats good. ithank you very much. I would pay you, but i have no money at the moment. After the war it was hard to survive as ex soldier." she said looking at the few bits she still had left. "take them" she said as she laid the rest of the bits she got on the table "take them for the information you got me." Then she looked out of the window. "by the way, do you know a place for me to live? maybe something dark, even at daylight?" she asked politely.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 pm

Tayari shook his head, and pushed the bits back. "No, keep them. I haven't lost anything by giving you information, and besides, if you don't have much money then every bit would count."

Thinking about her questions, Tayari said, "Well, on nights when I open Poisonous Fronts, I usually allow customers to stay the night if they don't want too much risk staying out after curfew. I don't have any windows in the bedroom, and I spend most of my time either here or in my alchemy lab, but I can't say much for the quality of the stay, or the space you'd have available. Otherwise, I can't think of any particular place; there might be more spacious abandoned buildings in the Industrial district, or maybe shelters around the city run by the charitable, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to find them."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless took her bits back "Thank you very much, such kindness is rare theese days." she put the bits back into her back. Then she turned herself back to the Zebra.
"well at nights i have less problems. i would need a place to rest at days, since thats the time i normally sleep." she thought for a moment
"about those empty buildings in the indtustrial district. how often the griffons are there?" she asked curious "since i have to store my armor and weapons there too."
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm

"I believe Griffons maintain a presence in the area, which would be a risk," Tayari admitted. "I wouldn't think they'd search any particular building unless given a reason, though. If they're your larger concern, though, I believe the Eastern residential district tends to receive less attention. Or the outskirts across the river, though there you'd be more at risk from the ponies than anything. Not a nice place."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:44 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless placed a hoof on her Chin "I see. may i should stay at the small shak at the outside of Manehatten fo the moment. maybe the rebellion can offer me a better place later then." Restless didn´t wanted to take the risk to get found by the griffons. they most likely would going to kill her.
"I miss the times i was able to live in my old dark cave." she said as she started to turn around to leave.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Tayari nodded. "If that's what you choose for the time being, then fair enough. Farewell, Major."

Waving the Earth Pony forward, the two restarted their discussions from earlier.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelbob Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 pm

[Restless Nightmare]

Restless turned herself to the door "yeah, i think its better like this."
She slowly moved to the door "thanks for the informations, hope i´ll see you soon. i´ll keep looking for your signal and i´m looking foreward to mee the rebels then. bye friendly Zebra" she said before leaving.
Doppelbob
Doppelbob
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Summary:
Restless Nightmare notices Tayari's alchemy store open illegally after curfew, and investigates. While their meeting is initially antagonistic and full of distrust, they eventually reach an understanding. Tayari sends a message to the Rebel leader, informing her that Tayari and Restless are interested in joining.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down