MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Interesting Day [Private, ask first]

4 posters

Go down

An Interesting Day [Private, ask first] Empty An Interesting Day [Private, ask first]

Post by Hijinks Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:21 am

December 9th, Afternoon

Hijinks slammed her face down on to the book. "So booooooring!" She whined. The three of them have been searching for aaaaaages. Okay, maybe they just got to the library, but it was just so boring! Flashie and Tida where more at home here, but for the crazy filly, she just wanted to throw every single book into a pile and just create a huge bonfire.

Hijinks was only here because the trio were searching for a present for Tayari. If only she didn't suggest a book! She groaned again, lifting her face up from the book. The library was a large place, filled with aisles of book shelves, filled with numerous books. Each aisle had letters on it, or some sort of category. In the middle, was a bunch of tables and chairs that are used for sitters and readers. Hijinks was none of these things so she was constantly squirming in her seat. Tida and Flash have managed to collect a bunch of books concerning plants and zebras with the help of the librarian, and they were now in the process of looking through them all.

Hijinks groaned as she looked over at her companions. "Have you found anything yet?" she whined.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Day [Private, ask first] Empty Re: An Interesting Day [Private, ask first]

Post by Tida Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 am

Finding a buck of books that were about plants and Zebras, Tida went through the books that he and Quantum had collected.  Going off of the assumption that the book she was looking for contained something relating to alchemy, he narrowed his search for those things.

Looking through the books, Tida said "I found a few books on alchemy - related topics.  So what exactly does this zebra like?"
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Day [Private, ask first] Empty Re: An Interesting Day [Private, ask first]

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:37 am

Quantum, despite himself, was actually having a pretty good time.  Although it had certainly not been his plan originally to be mugged and roped into this, he had to admit that he had no plan before and this was proving much better.  After he had agreed to help the filly (Quantum needed a better name for her now than thief...) they had stopped at a few small bookstores that he had remembered.  Unfortunately none had any books on alchemy.  

It was fortunate that the Manehattan library happened to be selling some of its books then.  Apparently they needed to go for whatever reason and the librarian had been most pleased to aid them in looking into all sorts of alchemy related books.  But it was with a somewhat guilty start that he responded to the filly's question.  Quantum glanced down at the book he was currently reading, one titled "Moste Potente Poisons," a book he did not really want someone like the filly getting her hooves on even if it was to be a present for somepony else.  He carefully lowered it and placed it aside, hoping that she had not noticed the title, written as it was in large ominous letters on the dark, seemingly bloodstained cover.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:37 am

Ivan walked about. He was still on duty but the day was quite uneventful. He walked past the library. Something pulled him towards it. He sighed as he walked in. He soon discovered that the library was selling its books. So he started to look around. Digging into the history books and things of that nature. If he actually wanted to help the equestrians maybe learning some of their history would be a good idea. He looked through the shelves searching for different things that he thought would be important. Then he had an idea. "I'm sure some orphanages or schools could use some of these!" He said to himself. Maybe a little louder then what he wanted, some ponies looked at him but dared not to 'shhh' him. He started to grab a pile of books.

He walked through the rows slowly. Still a few ponies he caught staring or watching him from time to time. He didn't really pay much mind to it. He decided that he would spend a moment to flip through the dozen books he had with him. He started walking over to the tables not really watching where he was going, because he was making sure he wasn't about to drop a book to the floor. It wasn't easy trying to hold them with his wings. He placed the books on a table gently. He sighed as he rested for a moment. When he finally got a chance to look around he noticed a familiar little filly. "MIMI?!" he said in a loud whisper. He walked over to the little filly, who seemed pretty bored as she wiggled like a worm in her seat. He thought it was a bit of a funny sight.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffon
Profession: Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 am

Hijinks' ears perked up. "YouYou!" She shout-whispered back, without knowing who was addressing her. Turning around, she saw a familiar griffon. "Oh! Hiya Soarin. Where's your gentlecolt's hat? I always figured you would go for that one." Looking back at Flash and Tida. "Hey guys, that's Soarin. He's a Griffie." She beamed, as though she was expecting them to know what a Griffie was.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:35 am

Putting the books that had the alchemy - related contents to the side, Tida started to read another book that had information on other kinds of species in Equestria.  Upon reading this, he started to wonder if the library had more books like it.  He hoped that the library had books on the griffons, as he wanted to learn about their history and any other aspects of it.  Maybe I could actually talk to a griffon that's genuinely interested in ponies, and doesn't look down upon us like some kind of annoyance.  Resting his muzzle on his hoof and staring at the book, Tida soon became lost in thought again.  He thought about purchasing any books that had information on other species, particularly on griffons, and thinking how he could use that information to help with the current situation in Manehatten if the library had any.

Tida didn't really hear what Hijinks said, only that someone named Soarin was near their table.  He nodded absentmindedly and greeted Soarin with a hello without looking up, not realizing that Soarin was a griffon.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 am

Quantum made sure to place Moste Potente Poisons in a spot where he'd remember it. Even if he wasn't going to recommend it for the filly's friend, it was something he would like to have himself, even if he couldn't understand much of it. He picked up the next book, one on the various alchemal ingredients unique to the Griffon Kingdoms. This one was much more reasonable and probably useful, especially considering the... circumstances.

He was only a page into it when the filly called out to somepony named Soarin(?) and called him a griffie. The last part took a second to soak in before it clicked. He tensed and glanced up to see a griffon approach the table. Quantum eyed the griffon warily and called to mind any quick spells which might serve to distract him if necessary. It also disturbed him that the filly appeared to know the griffon and made him quite a bit more uncomfortable with helping her. He stayed silent.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:27 am

Ivan smiled. "Mimi, I'm working I can't wear fancy things like that while on duty."  He Looked over to a brown pony. "Hello, my name is Ivan. Pleasure to meet you." he said as he lowered his head slightly. Then returning to his normal posture. "What brings you ponies to the Library?" He asked He thought it be the last place that he would find Mimi but it looks like she had found another friend. "I was just about to look at Equestrian History. Due to not knowing much about your culture besides a few things." He said with a smile. He still didn't like to be watched. But what could he do, he was a griffon in a pony library with only ponies around. He wanted to be nice....but in the same token he wanted to scold them all for staring. He would just have to suck it up for now.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am

Hijinks raised an eyebrow, "You actually care bout that stuff?" She sighed. "Am I the only sane one here?" She crossed her forelegs and shook her head in disbelief. "And, before you get any ideas" She perked up. "We are here because we are looking for a present for my zebra friend, preferably one about potions and zebrary things. I'm too cool for this bookworm stuffs." Gotta keep a reputation after all.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Tida snapped out of his train of thought as soon as Ivan started to talk.  He looked up and saw a griffon talking to them.  He looked to the Griffon, then to Quantum, then to Hijinks.  Quantum looked surprised and nervous that a griffon was here talking to them while Hijinks... well... was being herself as far as Tida could tell.

Looking back at Ivan, Tida gave the griffon a bow of his head back.  "So you're working?  Please forgive my skepticism, but shouldn't you be patrolling the streets looking for ponies that would break the law that the griffon government put into place, or conspire against them?"  Tida's question held no trace of malice or fear, as he was genuinely curious as to why a griffon would go to a library looking for books on Equestrian history.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:09 am

Quantum relaxed slightly.  Although it was true he pretty much hated the griffons at large, he was a reasonable pony.  Even among the griffons there had to be decent souls, and it appeared to him that this griffon might be reasonable himself, if he would take time out of his duties to try and understand the Equestrians better.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Ivan smiled "Well who knows maybe I saw a pony of interest come in here and I suspected something...that isn't the case but. Ponies don't generally break the law during daytime hours. I'm not generally strict enough to enforce them. I'm personally here to learn about Equestria's history. Most griffons haven't spent any sort of time learning about. I do feel bad about the war, and yes I did take part in it. But I'm curious if I can make up for it now. That's the honest truth." He sighed as he sat down. "Griffons get bored and that's why they harass ponies. Who is going to believe them any griffon could say anything and it would be taken for truth. I don't like it but that's how it is."

He looked around the room to see who was watching him. It was only a few ponies. At least now it wasn't the whole Library. "Mimi maybe it would be better to read some books the mind has to be as fit as the body after all." He said with a smile hoping that she would take his advise he doubted it thought. He looked back at the Brown pony. "I can honestly say I used to be a griffon of law and protocol but. Things have changed Civilians being attacked in the streets because guards are bored. That isn't right. Griffon's are loyal to their cause but we lack certain discipline and integrity. I was raised slightly different from my peer's I'm a little more open minded and compassionate for those who are being oppressed." He liked talking although he felt like he was rambling on.  "My apologies I don't normally get a chance to talk freely so pardon my rambling." He smiled meekly.

"Well I don't know much about potions...or Zebra's but I do have something else." He searched through his bag. to pull out a small jar with a yellow liquid in it. "This might sound odd. But this is Griffon grease or oil if you will, it comes off our feathers, so when we lose one some of us will hang the feather over a jar and attempt to get this oil. It's an old healing remedy. Before the war it was traded. I believe it was used in some Equestrian hair products. Due to its slickness. But the oil itself is good for small wounds. The oil cover's the wound and stops disease from getting in or spreading...or that's what I've been told." He handed it over to Mimi. "Say happy birthday to your friend for me." He smiled brightly as he felt good to do something somewhat generous.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Hijinks laughed. "Oh yes, nopony every mugs others in broad daylight, that's just... Blasphemy!" She threw a wink at Flash who was being particularly quiet over there. "And I think there are a few ponies of interest in here. Ponies at large though? I'm too small to be a pony at large." She giggled. 

Her expression soured when she heard Ivan's 'advice'. "Hmph." She stared at the books spread out before her. She used to read before... before. She focused on the books, ignoring Ivan ramble on. All she could hear was 'blah blah blah'. She snapped out of her focus when Ivan offered her something. Looked like pee-pee. "Uh... Thanks." She accepted the jars and placed it on the table. 

"Right, where are we?" She asked, finally snapping out of her trance. "Are we on about your brooding again? I keep telling you to cheer up, Soarin! Griffons do griffony things! The reason why ponies suffer so much is because they make themselves targets, so you should stop caring about them." She looked over at Flash and Tida. "You two are alright though." Looking at Tida. "You could use a bit of work though. You saw through my ruse, but you come off as harmless...Like a kitten, an easy target. Don't worry Kitten, I'll have you stealing and dodging authorities in no time!" She laughed.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 am

Huh, a griffon that's actually interested in ponies enough that he wants to learn about them and help Tida thought.  "There's no need to apologize, I'm actually enjoying this.  It's not everyday that you have a pleasant conversation with another pony, let alone a griffon"  Tida stated.  "In fact..." Tida tapped his muzzle in thought "I know quite a bit on Equestrian history as I used to come down to the library a lot to read up on it before the occupation.  Maybe we could exchange histories with each other" Tida said enthusiastically, as he saw this as an opportunity to learn about griffon history from an actual griffon.

Upon hearing Hijinks saying something about having him being able to steal and dodge authorities, Tida laughed.  "That sounds good.  It may be good for me to know, as it might come in handy later."
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Quantum shifted, feeling slightly awkward.  The griffon had apparently not noticed him as being part of the group and he wasn't usually one to just go out and introduce himself, especially since it was indeed a griffon, which, no matter how reasonable he seemed, would still complicate things.  He placed the book down and continued to watch silently.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Ivan looked over at Mimi. "Well its because griffons that do griffony things is why we have civil unrest. Ponies aren't targets we made them a targets. I doesn't make them weak and I'd be no better then the rest of my flock if I stopped caring." He said firmly. He turned back to lighter note as he turned to Tida "I would very much like to exchange notes. But I'll have you know The griffon kingdom history is a little darker." Ivan sighed "Well I guess I should head back out on the streets soon. Ponies can't run and hide forever." He said as he went back to the pile of his books and tried to gather them up again. He walked back over to where Tida and Mimi were. "Have a good day unless you two need anything of me. Otherwise I should be off." He said with a small grin.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 am

Hijinks gave Ivan a knowing smile. "Good thing you're a Griffie then." She nodded sagely. "But before you go..." She looked over at Flash. "My good buddy of mine has just been DYING to meetchu" She said, pointing to Flash. "Say hello Flashie!" She said in a tone that most ponies use to speak to foals.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Tida nodded at the statement that Ivan said.  "I'm sure that the history of the griffon kingdom would be a little darker than the histories of other species, but every history has their dark spot.  To fully learn and understand the history of one's species, you must look at the good, as well as the bad aspects to get a complete picture."  Seeing that Ivan had to go back to patrolling the streets, Tida gave him a small bow and bid him a good day.  "I hope that we can meet again to exchange notes soon."
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Quantum winced slightly as the filly pointed him out and inwardly sighed.  He had no option now but to try to be civil; who knew how the griffon would react to rudeness.  "Hello.  It's... ah... nice to make your acquaintance.  I apologize if I seem unfriendly.  I really have no great love for... your kind."  He couldn't help but let a trace of venom leak into the last two words.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Ivan Shook his head he was tired of trying to understand Mimi's logic. Being a griffon or a griffie was the same thing. He wasn't about to argue about it either. He looked over to  Tida "I Hope we can meet up soon. Stay out of trouble." He said with a small laugh. But then the one nicknamed 'flashie' stepped forward and finally talked to him. He didn't like how this pony talked to him. "My kind hmm? Well I'm not here to cause any trouble. Only thing I ask is to show as much respect as I give you. But It seems both of our character are somewhat rough on the edges. I'm just trying to do some right. I don't want to be the enemy." He said with a sigh. "I can't blame you though. I have work to do, I would like more time to talk but I can't I'm sorry." He started to walk for the exit. "Well good luck you three, if any of you need to reach me send a letter to sergeant Ivan I'll be sure to get it." He bowed slightly as he walked away with a smile.

Ivan paid for his books then walked out of the building. He sighed as he knew he had a long way to go before ponies trusted him It was ponies like 'flashie' that were going to be the hard part but all things change in time right. Or so he hoped. He walked along the streets with his books. He still hated getting talked like that and it stung him "Your Kind." He hated it as he could hear it in his head over and over.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Hijinks grinned devilishly as she watched the two converse. As soon as Ivan departed, she began giggling. "Wow! Flashie! much rude!" She teased. "Who knew you were sooooo mean? You deserve a medal in jerkiness!" She said laughing. Wiping an imaginary tear from her eye, she finally calmed down and shifted her focus back to the books. She picked up one peculiar tittle, 'Supernatural'. She opened it up and flicked through it. "Hey! This isn't about ghosts at all. Lame!" She threw the book back on the table.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Tida watched Quantum and Ivan converse.  It became apparent to Tida that Quantum hated the griffons by listening to the way in which he was speaking, especially the last part in which he said "your kind".  I wonder why he hates griffons?  Ivan hasn't done anything particularly bad... in fact he seemed very civil; sympathetic to the Equestrians, and regretful that the griffons were doing terrible things to them when they would have no reason to do so, Tida thought.  This is why there are problems in Manehatten... there's a lack of understanding between each other, and an unwillingness to understand each other in the first place.

Snapping out of his train of thought when he heard the sound of a book hitting the table, remembering what he was actually here for, Tida resumed his search through the books that they picked out.  He hoped that they could find what Hijinks was looking for.

Last edited by Tida on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Quantum shrugged as the griffon, a sergeant Ivan apparently, turned and left.  It hardly troubled him at all, a chance meeting which had, in his mind, gone fairly well.  The rebuke from the filly did not even register as it came from someone whom he put no stock in at all.  Turning back to the books, he held out the one he had been looking at, the book about alchemal ingredients from the Kingdoms, and asked "What about this one?"  With this motion, however, he accidentally left Moste Potente Poisons uncovered and in plain sight.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:02 am

Hijinks was disappointed that her teasing was ignored. She will need to step up her play game to annoy this one. She sighed and slumped back in her seat.

That didn't last long, as Flash called out. Hijinks yawned as she saw the book, it was hardly interesting. But her eye quickly moved onto a book that looked much more interesting. "Ooooohhh!" She said, reaching over the table towards the new book. "Gimmie gimmie!"
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Tida was starting to become tired as he continued to search for whatever books that Hijinks was looking for.  Most of the books contained very similar information regarding alchemy, and ingredients that were used in them, as well as how to properly mix those items together.  He thought that at this point, they should just buy every book they picked up and give it to her friend, since they could probably make use of all of the information in them.  Besides, in the worst case scenario they could take any books that they would want to keep, or donate them to the charity that he's been hearing about.  Continuing to go through the books, Tida stumbled across a book in the pile that caught his attention.  "The wonderful world of nature: A guide to the use and combinations of natural items for self - defense and the enrichment of life".  Intrigued, he started to read through the book.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 am

Quantum glanced at what Hijinks was reaching towards and was surprised to see the tome uncovered.  He inwardly sighed and nudged it into her grasp since the damage was already done.  "This one?" He asked in a resigned tone.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:32 am

Hijinks squeed and grabbed the book. She scanned the cover, "Ooooh, spooky!" She commented. It was a very dark cover and the tittle looked like it was written in blood. The author spared no expense. She opened the book up halfway and scanned the contents. "hmm... Instant death..." She flipped the page. "Hmm... almost instant death." She flipped again. "Slow agonizing death..." She flipped again. And again, and again. "Death, death, death... Is that?.. nope, more death." 

She stopped on one page. "Ohh! This one makes your eyeballs melt out of your skull! gross, but cool!" She continued to study that particular page. "Oh but look, it kills the victim slowly and painfully. That's creative." She said sarcastically. She threw the book back on the table and groaned, "Where's all the potions that makes you tiny, or makes a pony's mane fall out?" She glanced over at Tida, who was engrossed in a book. "Hey Kitten, watchu got there?"

Last edited by Hijinks on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 am

Looking through the book, Tida read interesting ways in which certain plants were used to create many things such as various anesthetics, adhesives, and a substance that addles senses among other things.  The book went on to show various combinations between plants that enhanced already naturally occurring things such as making a fire burn hotter for longer periods of time.  It was very interesting, and he would want to buy this book for himself.

Hearing Hijinks call him by the nickname that she had given him, he looked up at her.  "This is an interesting book that shows the various types of things that can be done with plants, such as making oneself feel stronger, or to create a foul - smelling substance, or to induce paralysis... huh... In any case, this book is very interesting."  Tida hoped that this would be what Hijinks would want, yet at the same time not, since he wanted this book, but didn't want to continue to search for a book that she wanted.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 am

Quantum was very thankful when Hijinks rejected the tome.  He was pleased she never got to the potion  which kills you with lightning or the one which would kill you if you drank it before it exploded well enough to take out a small house.  He still decided to buy it though.  Looking at the table he realized there were no more books in his stack so he got up to stretch his legs a bit.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 am

Hijinks grinned. "Creates a foul smelling substance, eh?" That could be very 'useful'. She chuckled as she thought of the various uses of such a potion, including a certain grey unicorn. 

"Oh sorry" She looked at Tida, "Were you still talking? You had me at foul smelling potion." She shrugged. "Anyways, let's get that one, and just buy a random book for the zebra, We can't let him have all fun." Hijinks grabbed a random book from a small pile of rejected books she created, and hopped off her chair, signaling Tida and Flash to hurry up. "C'mon, ketchup!"
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 am

Looking at Hijinks incredulously for a moment, Tida quietly laughed.  She could have just picked out a random book from the start, and they would have been done quickly instead of looking through a lot of books.  However, if they left quickly, they wouldn't have met Ivan, who was a sergeant in the griffon military and was sympathetic towards the ponies.  He was also rational; thinking before making judgments or saying anything, unlike the majority of the griffons in Manehatten.  He very much enjoyed the company of Hijinks, as you never would know what would happen next, or who you would meet while with her.  It made things more interesting; a nice change of pace from the depressing and monotonous mood of Manehatten due to the griffon occupation.

"Could you wait a moment?" Tida asked Hijinks.  "I'm pretty sure that I saw another copy of The wonderful world of nature: A guide to the use and combinations of natural items for self - defense and the enrichment of life book.  I would like to buy it for myself, as a lot of the information in the book are very useful."  Tida went back to the place where he first found the book, hoping that nopony else bought it yet.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Quantum's eye twitched. The filly could probably be declared a lethal weapon for her ability to shrewd logic and reason themselves.  He shook himself to release the tension then stood up to follow, taking Moste Potente Poisons with him.  He was about to tell the filly to pay for the book she grabbed but stopped himself. Instead he merely decided to keep an eye on what she would do as he went to pay for his own book.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Hijinks groaned as she moved back to the table. "Fine..." She said as she sat back down at the table. With nothing better to do, she followed Tida as he went to get another book. "So..." She said, trying to think of a conversation starter. "Nice weather today..." Hijinks mentally slapped herself. 'Stupid Hijinks, it's all cloudy' She thought. 

"So... What kind of name is Tida anyways? It sounds like a mare's name." She stated bluntly.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 am

Going back to where he found the first copy of The wonderful world of nature: A guide to the use and combinations of natural items for self - defense and the enrichment of life book, Tida was thankful that the other copy was still there.  He picked it up and was going to return when he noticed Hijinks was talking to him.

"The weather is pretty good.  At least it's not raining or snowing" Tida mused.  Hearing Hijinks' other question, Tida chuckled.  "My name does sound like a mare's name doesn't it?  However, because I came from a country far away from Equestria, the language of my home country is different from the language of Equestria.  In the Equestrian language, my name means 'Sun', though it's used in a metaphorical sense.  In fact..." Tida thought for a moment "I could show you what my name looks like in my native language" Tida said as he made his way back to the tables they were at.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Quantum trotted after them.  He had purchased his book and now would simply observe.  He was not terribly talkative in any case, but this situation made him even more silent.  Also, it would be interesting to learn about Tida's name.  It wasn't terribly often that you could learn such things from someone from such a faraway place.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:49 am

Hijinks let out a exhausted groan. This was not the reaction she was looking for. All she could hear from the Kitten was 'blah blah blah blah'. "Yeah, that sounds really interesting." She lied through her teeth. "But, you know what would really be great?" She asked, "If you told me about what's outside of Equestria!"

She sat back down at her original seat. "What's it like out there?" She asked. "Are there any ponies? How about giant tentacle monsters? Tentacle monsters that eat cheese! Are there any donkeys? How about donkeys made of crystal!? Donkeys made out of jelly! no, no wait, donkeys made out of candy! And it's legal to eat them! And they have sky elevators to the moon and you can visit it and get moon popcornandadoptamoonbunnythatcandobackflipsinslowmotionwhiledrinkingwaterandsingingthegypsybardsong!" She stopped to take a deep breath.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:52 am

Sitting back down at the table, Tida took out a piece of paper and a pencil out.  He thought for a moment, then started to write his name down in his native language.

Ti     da
太陽

"This is what my name looks like in my native language.  I won't go into the specifics of the meaning of the individual characters since it would probably bore you" Tida said, looking at Hijinks.  "However... I can tell you a little about the lands beyond Equestria.  For one, there are other ponies just like in Equestria; Earth ponies, Unicorn Ponies, and Pegasus Ponies.  However, it's said that there are also Sea Ponies that can be seen.  The plant life is different from Equestria, as outside of Equestria, a good majority of the plants can kill a pony, or a griffon, or pretty much any living thing.  As for monsters, there are quite a few sea monsters with giant tentacles that would rip apart boats if they got too close, as well as other monsters that I don't want to run into..."

Out of what Hijinks said next, Tida could only understand 'Moon bunny', as he couldn't really understand the rest.  "That reminds me.  There is a story that has been told to me when I was a colt about a bunny in the moon.  Would you like to hear it?"
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Quantum listens quietly.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 am

Hijinks nods her head enthusiastically. She wanted to know how the bunny got onto the moon, or how her got by without eating all the cheese, but her questions could wait. For now, Hijinks sat there, waiting for Tida to tell his story.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:06 am

Looking to both Hijinks and Quantum, he noticed that they both wanted to hear the story about the bunny in the moon, which was one of many stories that were told to him by his family, specifically by his grandfather.  He had a knack for making stories entertaining, while keeping it close and fairly accurate to the beliefs of the village.  Tida hoped that he could tell the story as good as his grandfather, though Tida just wanted to tell his stories to ponies that were interested in listening to them.  With that, Tida began to tell the story about the bunny in the moon.

"Long ago in Neighpon, before the imprisonment of Nightmare Moon because of what she tried to do to Equestria, there were 2 goddesses, one that controlled the sun named Suratimari, and one that controlled the moon named Tsukimui.  Like the princesses of Equestria, they both brought day and night and were loved very much: Suratimari raised the sun each day bringing light, which allowed the plants to grow, as well as providing warmth to all of the ponies.  Tsukimui raised the moon each night, bringing peace and quiet to the land after the activities of the day, as well as the beauty of the night.  In fact, many ponies stayed up to relax after a hard day's work, and to admire the work that Tsukimui put into making the night sky beautiful each night.  Unlike the princesses, they both lived in the things that they controlled: Suratimari lived in the sun while Tsukimui lived in the moon."

"Also in Neighpon, there is the belief of reincarnation: if a pony lived their life well, their spirit will ascend to a higher plane of existence when they pass away.  However, if one has done terrible things in their life, depending on the kinds of things that they did, they will come back as a plant, insect, animal, or things of that nature to try again.  Three friends were reincarnated into animals: a fox who was reincarnated from a pegasus pony, a bunny who was reincarnated from an earth pony, and a monkey who was reincarnated from a unicorn pony.  They were helping each other and performing acts of charity so that they could ascend to the higher plane upon passing away.  Tsukimui noticed this and decided to test their true character."

"One night, Tsukimui transformed herself into a weak, old earth pony mare and descended to the world below where the three friends lived.  She laid herself down on a path, pretending to be in severe sickness, great pain, and nearing death.  Soon enough the fox, bunny, and monkey passed by the seemingly dying old mare.  "Please help me... I have an unfinished journey in front of me, but I have been overcome by hunger and thirst... Anypony, anything, please help me..."  she begged to the three friends in a frail voice."

"Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to prove their determination to be good, the fox, bunny, and monkey searched for food for the old mare.  The monkey ran off into the forest and brought back fruits and vegetables.  The fox went to the graveyard and brought back offerings to the dead that ponies had left behind.  Being small and weak, and used to only collecting grass for food, the bunny was not able to find anything for the dying mare.  In great shame, the bunny went back to the old mare.  "I am so sorry, but I have not found anything yet, I will search elsewhere.  In the meantime, please make a fire and await my return" the bunny requested."

"Standing next to the old mare, the fox and monkey were getting impatient.  "The bunny brought back nothing, and now he tells us to make a fire and wait for him?  Useless!" exclaimed the fox and monkey in disgust.  Moments later the bunny returned, still with nothing.  He stared into the fire then jumped in, with the intention of using himself as a food source for the old mare.  He was not burned however, as Tsukimui was very impressed and touched by such a self - sacrificing act.  Because of that, Tsukimui reveled herself and proclaimed that the bunny would ascend to the moon so that ponies would remember the bunny and his selfless act forever."

"The bunny lived with Tuskimui in the moon afterwards, and he helped her by making sweets for good ponies below.  That's why, before the imprisonment of Nightmare Moon, you could see the bunny in the moon, making sweets."  Tida finished the story, hoping that Hijinks and Quantum enjoyed the story as much as he enjoyed the stories that his grandfather told to him.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:28 am

Hijinks Listened intently to Tida's story. She loved the moon bunny. Ribbit. Or something like that.

"Woooow, that's cool. I remember hearing stories like that when I was little...er." She commented idly to nopony specific. Snapping her attention back to Tida, she asked, "So was the moral of the story: you have to cook yourself and offer yourself as food?" Hijinks not want to be foods. "I prefer being not food."
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 am

Quantum noticed that a few things had been changed for them, contexts for which he was nevertheless grateful.  He chose the pause after the filly's chatter to speak up himself.  "A pleasant story, if a tad idyllic.  The one thing that puzzles me, however, from it is the idea of reincarnation.  How would anypony know?"  The single detail was of great puzzlement to him.  "How could somepony become what they are not?"

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:49 am

Tida was thankful that Hijinks and Quantum enjoyed the story, and chuckled when Hijinks asked about the moral of the story.  "Yes, I don't think that anypony would like to offer themselves as food... though that line of thought is part of what I think the moral of the story is.  What I think the moral of the story is that one should be kind and nice, without the need to be rewarded for being kind and nice, though, there could be many interpretations of what the moral of any story could be.  Also, you never know who could be watching what you do, so it would be best if one was kind and nice all of the time."

Turning his head towards Quantum, Tida thinks about the question that Quantum asked.  "Hmm... it would be hard for somepony to know if reincarnation is true or not wouldn't it?"  Tida thinks more before continuing "Though, this is just one belief that ponies, as well as other creatures believe in."

"To answer your question, I think that it depends on what, or who you believe.  Since nopony knows what happens when they pass away, they try to explain it as best as they can based on their beliefs and such.  I hope that my explanation has somewhat answered your question" Tida said.
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 am

Hijinks giggled. "Ponies are silly like that. I bet you could trick a pony into licking a statue of Celestia to get eternal life!" She laughed. Suddenly, she stopped laughing and raised a hoof to her chin in thought. "Hmm, that's actually a good idea. We should try it some time."

"Anyway, In all seriousness," She began. "I think it would be pretty cool to be a bird." She said with an almost straight face.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Quantum considers Tida's answer for a few seconds then shakes his head. "Not completely.  But it's not something that I'd expect could be solved in an instant. I wouldn't mind talking to you about it sometime in greater detail.  It's such a fascinating topic." He ignores Hijinks's random comments for the moment.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 am

Tida nodded towards Quantum "We should talk more about it sometime later.  I always want to have the opportunity learn things from others, as well as see what other pony's opinions are since it is an interesting topic of discussion".

Hearing Hijinks' comment Tida chuckled "I don't doubt that something like that can happen, since strange things happen more often than everypony thinks".  However, Tida was caught slightly off-guard when Hijinks' expression turned serious "If I may ask, why would it be cool to be a bird?"
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down