MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim side role play

4 posters

Go down

Skyrim side role play Empty Skyrim side role play

Post by Paradox Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Recently, the idea was brought up in chat for side RP games.  This is to say, quite non-canon casual games that could be within or without the MLP or GK universes.  Specifically, there was a lot of interest in a game played in the Elder Scrolls universe.  The purpose of this thread is to see if anyone wishes to play this RP and to discuss the possibility of a casual games subforum.

One important thing that came up for the Skyrim RP is how the characters should be treated; ie. if people who play Skyrim should be allowed to use their current character and if so, if there is any limit on equipment or spells to start.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Skyrim side role play Empty Re: Skyrim side role play

Post by Lance Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 am

well, I did mention doing a canon-non-canon thread with Scrapper slightly in this direction over in Dungeon Trotters: Falling Angels Hidden Dice

if you bothered to read through it, Scint and Scrapper are actually just playing a roleplaying board game back in their hideout, but the thread's narrated similarly to how we just RP; it let us bend the rules a bit, still use our GK characters much as they are, (moreso in the direction of how we originally intended the characters)

I suggest setting up a sub-forum category for threads like it, set up similarly; characters reading a book in some library, and our very characters acting the story out in detail, or our characters playing a board game together, practically playing a role playing game inside a role playing forum. fun times. game-masters could be switched around, in-character, and out, which could make things pretty fun.

rules could be set up before each thread and stated at it's start, maybe even continuing sub-boardgame-sagas as manehattan's dwellers repeatedly meet up around a table of drinks and miniature plastic ponies, griffons and monsters or such. gives the option of enjoying the rp, and complaining about bad dice rolls and cheating throughout the entire time.

EDIT:
Shadowstrike: And the next time you're doing an RP in the RP: Use Oubliettes & Ogres. That's canon
Scintillance DiCanterlot Charmer: really?
Scintillance DiCanterlot Charmer: more comiccanon?
Shadowstrike: Eeyup. And Shining Armor is a Larper
Scintillance DiCanterlot Charmer: xD

Last edited by Scintillance on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comic canon)
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Isn't this sorta like the non-cannon threads idea that was brought up in the suggestions? Anyway, I agree with this. Let's do this! yay!
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:12 pm

This thread casted summon revenant on me. This thread intrigues me... now I must go before I am discovered. I would say, try to translate the characters into a skyrim one, or... kind of like http://www.fimfiction.net/story/53678/the-elder-scrolls-equestria but that is really a matter of taste. The latter of the choices, if not a blend between the two is more of an example. 

On spells and equipment, that relates to how much 'immersion' there is. If we go... full skyrim, we can only try to exchange equipment and such. Onyx would likely translate into a strange Khajiit whom specializes in punching people to death. ((Note this will likely to be edited.)

In terms of the what feels like Pathfinder/but-really-more-like-DnD game, that would be valid.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down