MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed]

4 posters

Go down

Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] Empty Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed]

Post by Steam Heart Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:10 am

=Information=
Name: Steam Heart
Species: Unicorn
Likes: Trinkets, work, setting up secret traps and passages
Dislikes: Her stuff being messed with, smoke, spiders
Astrology?: -Has no idea-
Special Talent: Crafting
Minor Talents: Eye for detail, First Aid
Alignment: Neutral

=Appearance=
Height: 4'3
Coat Color: Dirty White
Mane/Tail Color: Maroon and White
Eye color: Dark red
Cutie/Glyph Mark: A heart with a wrench in the middle

Picture:
Spoiler:

=Bio=
Personality: Steam is a fun loving mare who doesn't mind getting her hooves dirty for fun or for work. She's also rather daring and adventurous, so long as she doesn't see any spiders.

She's good at making-do with what she has, let it either be scrap or raw materials. Give her a block of wood and string, and she can give you a couple of necklaces or a figurine for the fireplace. She doesn't really mind rough housing since most of her friends since fillyhood were stallions. This made her a bit harder to be targeted for bullying, and less likely to end up being found half-dead in an alleyway somewhere.

Though luckily, she never had those kinds of encounters.

History: Steam was born and schooled in Manehattan. Her parents were skilled craftsponies and made a living out of selling decorations, novelties, music boxes, toys and small repair of tools and other objects. This was, of course, her first fascination. She spent most of her nights watching her parents work their craft and making things of beauty and design.

She'd lock herself in her room, trying to see what she could make from the day's leftover material. Eventually, her parents figured out where the scraps had gone and what was making that racket upstairs, they "accidentally" dropped one of their notes by the scraps Steam was getting her materials from.

When the filly found the note which detailed how a music box was made, she was overjoyed at her luck and immediately began to make her own. It took a few months of failure when she eventually finished and showed it off to her parents.

They were surprised to say the least that the music box not only held firm and created a beautiful melody to the lullaby Steam's mother would hum to her, but there was also spinning pieces on the top that showed three ponies dancing around, and that wasn't in the notes they left for her.

When they asked how she managed to make these small pieces, Steam said that she learned it by watching them work, which was almost every night she didn't spend on homework. Steam got her own workbench the day after that, and some of the things she made were sold for the store, while others she kept to herself or she gave to her closest friends.

She isn't sure exactly when her cutie mark appeared because she didn't mind it all that much. She only found out when a friend pointed it out to her.

As she grew, her parents showed her that unicorn magic wasn't just useful for levitating the things she needed around the room. She learned how to use her magic to bind objects together because she still wasn't allowed to use the welding tool at that time, which was a cool trick to know, and it had much smoother results than the welder. She sometimes used it to close some cuts she suffered from accidents. It hurt a bit, but it was better than going to the doctor's.

She also learned how to turn something like a block of wood to a nice looking figurine with a zap of magic, but to her, it felt like it took away the enjoyment of chipping off the wood to get a similar result. Though she had to admit, it was helpful when she got her hooves full.

Some time ago, they left Manehattan for Ponyville, since her parents felt that they needed to go someplace with fresher air. But when the Griffons attacked, Steam and her parents were separated. She returned to Manehattan since that was the only place she knew. Luckily, they didn't sell their old shop and had a friend run it while they were in Ponyville.

Steam took over the shop as the one who was taking care of it fled somewhere to escape the Griffons. An old friend of Steam who worked at the postal office found her and told her that her parents were okay, and were staying somewhere safe from all this chaos.

Steam knew from tales her old friend recounted that Manehattan would be taken soon, so she did what any mare with her ability would do, she turned her shop into her own secret lair with fake panels and hidden doorways to her basement. There were trap doors that would open up under the floors that lead to plenty of hidden rooms.

She didn't want to die in the assault, so she made sure she had plenty of places to hide and keep her materials safe. All of that work paid off as she saved a few ponies from the carnage. It was a stroke of luck that the shop didn't burn down, not that she didn't prepare for that.

Now that things settled down a bit, she re-opened her shop for ponies and griffons alike. There was no point in making her shop 'ponies only,' especially when the griffons would gladly send you for death when they felt like it. And if she manages to get on their bad side, well she still had tricks up her sleeves, and friends that she knew she could count on.

Special Skills/Abilities/Spells Descriptions: Binding - She can bind things together in place, like welding, but with a less blinding, much quieter, and smoother manner.

Transfigure - Transforms small objects into other forms, most commonly into figurines.

Personal Timeline: (once the character begins posting, keep track of the posts here.)

Last edited by Steam Heart on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Steam Heart
Steam Heart

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] Empty Re: Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed]

Post by Void's Mirror Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 pm

She kinda reminds me of a young filly who loves to play with fire. This filly is also always in a happy mood, "fun loving". I wonder if there is any connection... Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] 4066120332

Now, honestly. Maybe it is my wrong but it is hard for me to imagine a happy, cute (this picture of her is cute) mare as being strong, tough and rough somehow.

Oh, and maybe add a CM description 😉
Void's Mirror
Void's Mirror
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Travelling Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 pm

I would love to meet this fun loving filly, she sounds so cool and awesome, no doubt the best filly on the site. 

I think the picture isn't that far off. Her mane is unkept and not really styled so I could see her being a bit rough maybe. Not wrestler style, but something along those lines. To me, the picture isn't really that much of a problem, sort of looks tomboyish, fun loving, ect. That's just my fifty cents though.

Also, she is quite tall... Not really a problem though, I just prefer not getting stepped on by ponies. I'm only little pony Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] 224759717
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Steam Heart Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 am

You guys, I wasn't done yet X3

Okay, I'm done now.

Mirror Lone wrote:Now, honestly. Maybe it is my wrong but it is hard for me to imagine a happy, cute (this picture of her is cute) mare as being strong, tough and rough somehow.
Element of Surprise! Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] 1011655871 

Hijnks wrote:I think the picture isn't that far off. Her mane is unkept and not really styled so I could see her being a bit rough maybe. Not wrestler style, but something along those lines. To me, the picture isn't really that much of a problem, sort of looks tomboyish, fun loving, ect
The mane was mostly due to me messing around with inkscape, and the fact that I have no idea how to style hair at all... So... Happy accidents! Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] 3299596697 
Steam Heart
Steam Heart

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Void's Mirror Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 am

hehe, though you weren't done yet I thought I could try to "help" (even though it probably wasn't helpful at all). I mean... why would you already have it put in here if not to get some opinions about it?

And by taking a second look at the picture: Okay, she is maybe capable of [whatver you wrote she is] Steam Heart [Unicorn] [Completed] 349658906
Void's Mirror
Void's Mirror
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Travelling Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:30 am

Approved! Welcome to the RP Steam Heart, enjoy your stay!
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down