MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Me [Open]

4 posters

Go down

Meeting Me [Open] Empty Meeting Me [Open]

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 am

Western Residential District, December 9, Mid day (If you have any problems with this date, let me know)

Hijinks was scrounging through one of the many alleyways that littered the city. It was getting colder and the clouds prevented the precious sun from providing the necessary warmth. "C'mon, give me something good." She said to herself, sifting through one of the garbage bins. Junk, junk and more junk. She let out a sigh, this was getting her nowhere. She needed something to get in that zebra's good books. But what?

Hijinks wandered onto the street, the pony folk were doing their business and stuff. Not that Hijinks really cared. Seeing a new pony approach, she noticed that he looked.. well off. 'Time to use my adorable charm to sucker something good out of this pony.' she thought, approaching the new pony. "Hiya mister, care to spare a dime?" She asked, putting on an innocent smile.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Meeting Me [Open] Empty Re: Meeting Me [Open]

Post by Paradox Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 am

Quantum walked slowly down another street. He was carefully inspecting every detail here, in solemn mourning for the once great city. It was strange to be in this once familiar place when now it was in such terrible condition. He grimaced as he thought of the cause: griffons. Such terrible ruinous creatures. His gaze shifted to the other ponies going around their daily tasks, and he wondered how many were so used to it as to consider it natural.

Quantum pulled his cloak around him tighter as a chill gust blew by him. Funny how he still wasn't quite used to it, despite the numerous cold places he had lived before. As he trotted on, a filly approached asking for alms. He stopped for a moment to consider it. A single bit realm wouldn't mean too much to his wallet and the filly looked like she needed it more than he did. On the other hoof, he probably shouldn't make a habit of it. "I'm not sure what a dime is exactly, but here." he responded as he levitated a bit out of one of the inner pockets of his cloak and held it out to the filly.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 am

Hijinks took the single bit, trying to fake being grateful. In truth, she was doing her best to prevent rolling her eyes. What can one single bit get you in this city? Nopony can afford to sell anything for just one bit, and she certainly wasn't going to buy from a chicken. She preferred not eating meat since last time. Those were dark days.

"Well," Hijinks started, getting into her lecture voice. "A dime is a slang word created by the diamond dogs from some time ago. It means diamond, a gem so precious that they were named after it. Since they used this to trade for other things, some parts have adapted the slang to fit into other currencies." Now that she has declared her intellectual superiority, it was time to go in for the kill. Not literally speaking of course. Nah, just a minor mugging.

She threw the bit the pony gave over his head, letting it sail somewhere into the street. Hoping this would distract him, she prepared her joybuzzer, setting the energy to medium. A few sparks jumped from the metal disk, a sure sign that it was working. Hijinks swung her hoof at the pony, aiming for the shoulder. She yelled her signature catchphrase while doing so. "ZAP!"
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Quantum was only half listening as the filly explained the concept of "dime" and so was somewhat surprised when she threw the bit. Tracking it almost entirely on reflex, he managed to catch it with a burst of telekinesis. What came next caught him utterly off guard. As his head came back down, the filly leapt foreward with a cry of "ZAP!" and swung her hoof at him. As he jerked back in shock, her hoof connected with with his neck, unfortunately not covered by his cloak, delivering a far more literal shock. It traveled down his spine juust right to cause him to seize up and collapse, but at the same time the jolt caused his horn to emit an uncontrolled spark of magic.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Hijinks covered her eyes and backpedaled from the offending spark of magic. She managed to avoid most of the damage, but a few small stray sparks found their mark. "Hey, watch it Sparky!" She yelled at the unicorn.

She quickly got over this though, as time was running out. She quickly grabbed whatever the pony had that looked valuable. This included the rest of the pony's bits and a weird set of lenses. Hijinks passed the lenses off as magical and a possible gift for the zebra. She also managed to find the original bit she threw to distract the pony. It had a black scorch mark in the middle, probably from that spark. She took it for a 'bit of good luck'.

"Thanks for the generous donation, mister." She said before running off in a random direction.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 am

Quantum lay stunned for several seconds in a white haze of pain. As it subsided to the mere feeling of having a hot axe buried in his skull, he became aware of a small crowd of onlookers murmuring to themselves. He vaguely heard a word of thanks for a donation, the denotation only slinking in after several seconds. It took several more for him to realize what it really meant as he realized that his moneybag was conspicuously absent. He struggled to his hooves and attempted to find where that little thief had run off to.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

Dawn walked down the sidewalk when she noticed a crowd of ponies gathered on the opposite side of where she was ..Hmmm..I wonder what's going on ..she thought which she ended up letting her curiosity get the best of her and went over to see.

Once there she tried her best to bust through the crowd of ponies to get a better when she got to the front her eyes went wide when she saw a unicorn trying on the lightly snowed side walk he looked like he was in a lot of pain. Dawn tired to make out if he was dead because there was...ok the unicorn was moving so he wasn't dead but Dawn didn't want to make a scene and waited for somepony else to help him but to dawn's surprise no one did ..they didn't even seemed concerned enough to care. Dawn ended up coming to the unicorns aid "Sir are you ok?..Sir?" she asked trying to help him up.
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel/Equestrian solider
Profession: War veteran solider / LT Commander of the ponys 20th Airborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 am

Quantum heard the concerned voice next to him and turned his head... a little to fast.  A spike of pain shot through his head and he dropped back onto the ground cradling his cranium.  From his position on the ground he growled "Did you see it!  Did you see where that little thief went?!?  She stole..."  He paused for a second and patted a pocket with a hoof, then seemed to get a bit more agitated.  "She stole my Magi's Lens!"

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 am

Hijinks was running down the street. Just a little further and it was guaranteed that she was going to get away. But something made her stop. She turned around and looked at the crowd of ponies surrounding Sparky. 'Something just doesn't feel right about this', she thought.

The grin her face widened. She pulled out the bag of bits, and swapped the contents with her bag of marbles. Satisfied that the bit bag look sorta like it used to, albeit a bit lumpier, she put the bits into the now empty marble bag. Now the pony's bit bag was filled with marbles and the marble bag was filled with bits. Spotting the difference from the bit bag would be quite easy, but she hoped that the unicorn wouldn't notice because of his fancy levitation.

She began charging back towards the scene of the crime. She jumped on the back of one of the ponies creating the outer rim of the crowd. She leaped over the crowd and landed on a blue and yellow pegasus. "Comin through!" She yelled as she jumped off that pegasus, landing on the other side of the crowd, making a mad dash down the street. 

Hijinks made sure to stick a note on the pegasus as she left. The note is a yellow sticky note that has four words written on it in pink pen. 'You'll never catch me".
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Quantum saw as the little thief flipped by.  He shook his head once to clear it and attempted to give chase.  However, this meant running first into the ring of onlookers.  He managed to push his way through since they shifted around him as center of attention.  He pursued the filly thief from there at the best pace he was able.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:55 pm

After what she could make out was a little purple filly with a light blue mane jumped on her,off her and ran off. Dawn noticed a sticky note stuck hilariously on her cutie mark covering the sight of her proudest moment in the early days of her life. She felt like this act was in some category of disrespect regardless she pulled it off and read "You'll never catch me" the note taunted nothing more was said after dawn dropped the yellow sticky note and crushed it with her hoof  ..The chase was on.
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel/Equestrian solider
Profession: War veteran solider / LT Commander of the ponys 20th Airborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 am

Hijinks continued her mad dash down the street, weaving through the on-lookers. She looked back to see if anypony was chasing. It seems as the Flashy the Unicorn was chasing her, as well his pegasus mare-friend. Hijinks suspected the pegasus will just fly over the crowds, which would be unfair, and highly rude!

Luckily, Hijinks knew how to deal with situations just like this. Still running, she reached into satchel for one of her boom crackle bombs. Unfortunately, this had the added consequence of her not watching where she was running.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Walking down the street with his instrument slung in a bag on his back, Tida was making his way to the park.  He had quite a bit of downtime, so he was going to spend it in the way that he enjoyed, which was to rest and play music.

Tida was happy that things were being done to try to restore Manehatten to its former glory before the war and the Griffon occupation, but at the same time sad that there were more fighting than things being done.  He still couldn't quite understand why ponies thought that fighting will get anything done.

Being lost in thought again, Tida failed to notice a small purple filly running straight at him...
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Hijinks was too busy focusing on her satchel, that she failed to notice the pony she was about to run into.

Wham!

Hijinks bounced off the pony and landed on her rump. "Oof, hey! Watch where you're go-" Suddenly remembering her prediciment, she turned around to see the two other ponies getting closer. There's no way she can outrun them now. She looked back up at the browny coloured pony that caused this. But instead of getting angry, she got an idea instead.

"Help! Help! the bad ponies are after me!" she cried, pretending to be frightened. She ran behind the brown pony and waited.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Quantum saw, much to his pleasure, the little thief run straight into another pony and get knocked to the ground. To his great displeasure, the clever little runt started using the bystander effects to attempt to escape. Fortunately, his mind, previously addled by the surprise attack, was up and running again. He continued running straight at the brown pony as he yelled, "Police! Stand aside!" At the same time his horn flashed as he activated the Magi's Lens, causing it to magically start to float around the thief.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:25 am

Tida's train of thought was interrupted by something running into him, which made him stagger backwards slightly.  He was about to apologize to whatever ran into him when in front of him, he saw a distressed filly telling him that there were bad ponies after her.  In the distance, he saw a dark grey unicorn running towards him yelling at him to move to the side.  His horn also flashed, which made Tida slightly uneasy as he had no idea what the unicorn was trying to do.

Putting himself in front of the filly and not taking his eyes off of the charging unicorn, Tida asked the filly, "Is this the bad pony that's after you?"
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 am

Noticing that the magical lenses were floating around, she quickly pulled out an empty sack and used it to scoop the things out of the air. She raised a hoof over the sack, silently threatening to smash the lenses if the unicorn got too close. 

"He's da bad pony! Don't w'et him hurt me!" she told the brown pony, feigning being scared, as well as making her sentences sound more childish. Nopony could ignore the child speak!
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 am

Quantum's eye twitched. Why couldn't anything ever work out like in the novels? However, his bluff had been called and he really did not want to hit anything again, so he did the only thing that came to mind. He leapt directly over the brown pony and thief and kept going. Let them sort that one out.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tida Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:10 am

Watching Quantum jump over the both of them, Tida and the Hijinks was wondering what was going on.  "Wait... what?" was the only thing that Hijinks could say, as she was is disbelief that he would do that instead of talking to them.  Confused, Tida turned to Hijinks and asked "are you sure that he was the one chasing you?"  Unsure of what to do now, Hijinks nodded and answered "Uh... yeah".

After jumping over Tida and Hijinks, Quantum kept going until he passed enough ponies to be relatively hidden before stopping and stealthily returning to watch the conversation between Tida and Hijinks, making sure to blend into the milling crowd of ponies, and always keeping an eye on Hijinks, as she was the one who stole his Magi lens and bag of bits.

Tida looked at Hijinks, and notices a few bags that she has, one of which he could have sworn moved, he asked her "are you sure?"

Noticing where Tida is holding his gaze, she replied "Yep.  Now as much as it breaks my heart, I must go.  Cya" as she started to walk off.

Following Hijinks, Tida continued to talk to her.  "That's an interesting change from the way you were talking before.  Why was that pony chasing you anyway?"

Hijinks laughed at that question "Couldn't you tell?  He was a crazy pony"

Keeping an eye on Hijinks, Quantum sent another pulse of magic to the Magi lens, causing them to shift randomly inside the bag.

Noticing the lens shifting inside the bag, Hijinks tries to keep the contents of the bag still "Uhh... bad Mr... eh... Mr Mouse, bad!"

Noticing her behavior, Tida wondered "Crazy?  It seemed to me that he had a clear objective in mind."

Hijinks laughed nervously at what Tida said.  "Well, if he wanted something from me, he wouldn't have jumped over me, would he?"

Tida Nodded his head in agreement "That's true... but I can't see that pony chasing you for no reason."

Quantum focused his magic into the lens, as well as the bag that the lens was in, as he started to levitate the bag with the lens straight up.

Hijinks tried her best to hold the bag still. "Do you want something? Or do you have nothing better to do than follow me?"

Tida keeps his face neutral.  "I was going to do something, but that can wait. It's not everyday that you can have a pleasant conversation with another pony"

Hijinks rolls her eyes. "Alright then, lets have a pleasant conversation! Oh my, doesn't the weather look nice today!"

Tida chuckles, "it sure doesn't. By the way, what is your name?"

Quantum waited until it looks like the thief has lightened her grip on the bag, then grabbed it as hard as he could with telekinesis and pulled it six feet to his left.  Hovering it over the crowd, he moves it in a zig - zag manner slowly but steadily in his direction.

Ignoring Tida's question, Hijinks is focused on the bag that has flown off. "Hmm, I didn't know bags could do that."

Tida agrees, "me neither"

Hijinks chases the floating bag, trying to get in range to grab it, giggling the whole way.  She occasionally jumped on a pony in the crowd, ignoring their complaints that came with being hopped on.  Seeing Hijinks chase after the bag, Tida followed her so that he could make sure she didn't get into more trouble.

Quantum concentrates intensely, charging a second spell as the bag gets closer, as well as speeding it up slightly.  When it came close enough, he brought it in at top speed and stored it in a pocket in his cloak.  At the same time, he released the spell in Hijinks' direction.  It was a bright burst of light that would blind anypony in front of him looking in his direction.

Hijinks realizes that the bag is headed towards Quantum, but before she could react, a very bright flash blinded her. She gave a yelp of pain and fell down on her haunches.

Tida sees Quantum putting the lens into his pocket. Moments later, a bright flash comes from him, rendering his eyes useless.  Trying to rub his eyes back to working condition, he stumbled around looking for Hijinks.  He managed to find her on her haunches, and once again put himself between Hijinks and where he thought Quantum was.

Quantum used the confusion caused by his spell to sneak away unnoticed, traveling at a steady pace in the general direction that the other ponies were walking in.  However, he didn't get far before a thought struck him.  He took a look inside of the bag.  All he could see were the Magi Lenses, but no bits.  His money was still gone!  He turned around, and crept back carefully to see if he could get everything back.

Hijinks rubs her eyes, as she can barely see stuff. "That was rude."

His vision coming back to him, Tida nods, scanning for Quantum.  He unfortunately couldn't find him among the crowd of ponies.  Looking at Hijinks, he asks her if she is ok.

Hijinks shakes her head.  "No, I'm Me." Thankfully, her vision was returning.

Tida is confused by that, "ok... me, it seems that the unicorn is unfortunately gone"

Hijinks checks the rest of her bags and notices the bag with the money was still there. "Heh, he forgot the money, the big dumb-dumb."

"So, continuing our conversation from where we left off, your name is me?" asked Tida, failing to hear that last statement that Hijinks made.

Hijinks returned her attention back to Tida.  "No, I am Me."

Quantum is close to Hijinks and Tida, who she roped into helping her when he paused. It had taken a few minutes, but he finally realized that stealing the lenses back probably convinced Tida that he was really the bad guy in the situation. Sighing to himself, he figured that the only way to fix this was to stop Hijinks long enough to explain what happened.

Tida gives up on trying to figure her out.  "Ok... we should go somewhere quiet. Don't want anypony else attacking you... or me for that matter"

Hijinks raises an eyebrow. "Wouldn't it be easier to be in a huge crowd of ponies than being in a secluded area?"

"Well, in an area where there is a huge crowd of ponies, you really can't tell who will attack, or try to steal something from you" Tida mused.  "If we're in a secluded area, at least you can see them if they try to do anything funny."

Steeling himself for a few seconds, Quantum reached out telekinetically and outright lifting Hijinks six inches off the ground. Luckily, she seemed surprisingly light for an earth pony. He approached the stallion from the front with a cry of "Wait, I can explain."

Hijinks gives a yelp of surprise.  "Hey! Put me down, you meanie!"

Looking at Quantum upon hearing his voice, Tida shoots him a glare when he picks Hijinks off of the ground.  "Is that so?  I hope you have a good reason for attacking a filly"

Quantum gives an inward sigh of relief. At least the stallion was willing to listen. "First off, does this look like I'm attacking anypony? Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, you have it backwards. She pick - pocketed me and I was giving chase to recover my stuff."

Hijinks squirms around in the grip of the unicorn's telekinesis. "I wasn't the one that blinded somepony, jerk!"

Tida sighs, "but did you really have to create a blinding flash of light?  If you could have restrain her with your magic, why not do that in the first place?  You know, we're probably not the only ponies that it affected" as Tida motioned towards the street, catching a glimpse of some of the other ponies that were affected by Quantum's light spell, trying to find their bearings.  "A bit excessive, don't you think?"

"I've not exactly been thinking clearly after she zapped me with some infernal device."  Quantum glares at Hijinks.  "You tell me how bad it is when something hidden in a hoof packs enough punch to put somepony down for a few minutes."

Hijinks looks over at Tida. "He's lying! help me!"

Tida looks at the filly in the unicorn's magic aura, and memories of the war in Neighpon start to resurface. He shakes his head, trying to clear those thoughts.  "Can we at least take this somewhere where there isn't so many ponies?" as he looks around, noticing that a fair amount of ponies are watching them.

Hijinks glares at Flash.  "Why? I quite like having a crowd watching while this jerk is assaulting me."

Quantum nods. "Let's." He strengthened his telekinetic grip on Hijinks and headed towards a building that looked abandoned.

"Oh sure, just let him lure you into an abandoned building that is totally not a trap."  Hijinks grunted at the increased pressure.  "Smart thinking. Truly, I am in awe."

Ignoring the sarcasm, Tida follows Quantum and Hijinks.  "Well, at least we'll be able to continue our pleasant chat. Also, if he was leading us to a trap, he might get caught in it himself."

"Oh yeah, maybe his goons will accidentally attack him."  Hijinks laughs.  "Or maybe he will forget where he set the traps and fall down his own pitfall. Gooood thinking."

Quantum rolls his eyes. "Quite. If it makes you feel better..." he addressed Tida.  "...and you, quiet" he hissed Hijinks.  "I'll let you pick the location."

Hijinks smiled at Flash.  "Alright, I say we go to Mr. Shake's milkshake parlor. Since we're being generous, I'll pay."

Quantum scowls. "Says the one who still has all my bits. After you, mister... uh..."

"...Tida"

"And I'm Quantum Flash. Call me Quantum if you don't mind."

As Quantum and Tida are walking towards the milkshake parlor, Hijinks gasps.  "Hey! I got an idea, let's sing a song!"  she takes a deep breath in and starts singing at the top of her lungs.  "Oh! I'm getting kidnapped by a couple o' wackos!"  Hijinks continues singing "I'd appreciate being released now! The rhymes aren't really important. Cause I'm being taken against my will!"

Grimacing, Quantum announced rather loudly "Quiet miss.  You're going to be doing enough explaining when we get home without disturbing all these fine ponies."

Hijinks scoffs. "Fine ponies?  They're currently watching a filly get kidnapped. I'D HARDLY CALL THAT FINE!" she yelled out at the ponies.

"Well, at least you'll be getting some milkshakes" Tida mused, continuing to walk down the street, ignoring her tantrum.  "Besides, if what Mr. Quantum Flash said is true... well..."

Quantum turns to the nearest cluster of ponies. "I really am sorry. She throws these tantrums and, well, what can you do?""

Tida notices the milkshake shop coming up, and silently thanks Celestia that it's close.  "Well, looks like the shop is up ahead."

Hijinks also notices the shop coming up.  "That's good, I want a chocolate milkshake with sprinkles and one of those fancy straws."

Quantum eyed it apprehensively. It was likely that he'd have to put Hijinks down if they actually wanted to buy anything. He murmured quietly to Tida "I'm going to have to put her down. Please help me keep an eye on her." He deposited the filly directly on the counter, seeing as there wasn't a line.

"Alright" Tida whispered back

Hijinks lands on the counter and looks at the Mr Shake who is currently at the counter.  "Hiya Mr Shake, I am being held against my will."  She said in a overly cheery tune.

Quantum appears very weary all of a sudden.  "You drag us all the way here and then you insist on making more trouble?" he groans in response to the filly.

Hijinks rolls her eyes.  "I didn't exactly ask you drag me here against my will."  She pulled out the bag with the money in it and offered it to Tida.  "Here ya go."

"You did ask to come here, yes."

Tida thanks Hijinks for the bits and asks Mr. Shake, "So I would like to order a chocolate milkshake with sprinkles, with one of those fancy straws, and whatever he would like" as he points to Quantum.

Hijinks huffs and jumps off the counter, heading towards a table. "I could have walked."

Quantum shrugs.  "I'm not feeling my best right now, so I think I won't have anything."  he informs Mr. Shake.

Tida shrugs and pays for the milkshake, and follows Hijinks to a table to wait for the order.  Quantum also follows, making sure that she doesn't try to run away.  When they sit down, Tida gives the bag of bits back to Quantum.

Hijinks sits down at the table and plays with her mane.  "So, what do you want Sparky?"

Quantum accepts the bits gratefully.  "Explaining time. You see, I just arrived here in Manehattan two days ago.  It's been years since I've been here so I was going around to see how it had changed since the war.  This filly here approached me asking for donations, then while I was distracted assaulted me with some sort of device which shocked and stunned me long enough for her to rob me."  At this point he almost subconsciously reached a hoof up to the point on his neck where the filly had struck him. Revealed for a second, it was blackened and scorched from the discharge.  "As soon as I recovered enough, I gave chase and well, here we are."

Tida nods at Quantum's explanation.  "But can you really blame her for doing what she did?"

"Um yes."

Hijinks notices that her order is ready and has been brought to the table.  Taking the milkshake she began sipping from the fancy straw.  "You can't blame me. Cause now I get a milkshake."

To show his point of view to Quantum, Tida asks Hijinks "do you have a decent home to go to, or do you live in a dilapidated building?"

Hijinks waved her hoof dismissively.  "Pffft. I sleep where I wanna."

"Really now. Where do you get such stunners then if you're homeless?"  Quantum perks an eyebrow.

Hijinks looks at Flash with a raised eyebrow before bursting into laughter.  "Ahahaha, because my mother would certainly trust me with it. Good logic Sparky."

"If she is homeless, then she probably has to find some way to survive."  Tida ponders a bit before looking at Quantum.  "If you were homeless, would you do what she did?"

Quantum looks at Tida indignantly.  "Assaulting randon ponies on the street?  No.  Especially since, technically speaking I am homeless right now."

Hijinks grins.  "Right, you totally didn't blind an entire crowd of ponies.  Nope didn't do that."

Tida apologizes to Quantum.  "I'm sorry.  I didn't know you were homeless.  Seeing those bag of bits made me think that you were well off."

Quantum snorted. "Bags?  This is the only one and it isn't exactly full.  But yes, I have to figure out both how to get some solid work and find a place to stay."

"Have you considered working at the work camps?"  Tida suggested.  "They pay a liveable amount for each day of work."

Hijinks joins in. "Or you can be a thief, you seem quite good at it."

"I- wuh?" Quantum stared at Hijinks with a bit of shock.

Hijinks continues.  "Yeah! you can just blind ponies and take their stuff while they're down.  Easy peasy."

Tida shakes his head.  "I don't think that would sit well with Quantum."

Hijinks looks over at Tida.  "I think stealing sits better than starving."

"I can't argue with you there... but what about the pony who you stole from?"  Tida looks down sadly.  "Will they starve since they don't have food or bits to buy food?"

"I doubt I'll need to resort to thievery any time soon," Quantum sighs "but back on topic.  Actually, first, what's your name?" he addresses Hijinks.

Hijinks looks at Flash.  "I'm Me."

"Obviously.  What did the last pony who addressed you by name say?"

Hijinks replies simply, "Me."

Tida looks at Quantum, "I don't think that you should think much on it. It will give you a headache."

"Too late for that.  In any case, I've had my money returned, minus that milkshake, so the only thing left to do is figure out what to do with the thief."

"You should let her go" Tida suggested

Hijinks finishes her milkshake, making a loud slurping noise.  "You can hand me to the griffons.  They'll most likely kill me, so you can get your revenge."

Quantum ponders this for a little while.  "There can't be no consequences.  She attacked and robbed me and ends up with a milkshake.  Tell me you see the issue here."

Tida goes to say something, but can't think of a retort to what Quantum said as he sees that what he said is true

Hijinks scoffs.  "So what? Are you some kind of superhero who gives out punishment to criminals?"

"A superhero? Far from it" Quantum scowls slightly.  "I just don't want ponies running around mugging others left and right."

Hijinks giggled, "Alright then, so what's my 'punishment'?  A time-out?  Perhaps I have to help old grannies across the street?"

"Unfortunately, keeping others from doing that is near impossible" Tida says in a matter-of-fact tone.

Quantum considers what his punishment will be.  "I can hardly call it a punishment if I have no authority to begin with..." he murmurs to himself.  "I can think of nothing more horrifying, than to 'hang out' with you for the remainder of the day."

Hijinks gasps.  "You DO love me! d'aawwww."  Hijinks pauses for a second. "You can help me find a present!"  A boring pony to help find a present for a boring zebra, genius.

Tida chuckles.  "Well, looks like the problem is resolved, which is good."

Quantum rolls his eyes.  "As long as you're not planning to steal said present."

Tida smiles.  "It's been a while since I had good company.  Do you mind if I can accompany you two?"

Hijinks pulls out a crumpled up piece of paper.  She opened it up and placed it on the table.  On the paper was a crude drawing of a zebra plus several dots, one dot had the word 'Boring' next to it.  "Okay" she said, pulling out a pencil.  "Time to start planning."

Quantum looked at the paper incredulously.  He leaned over and whispered to Tida "Do we have any evidence this zebra actually even exists?"

"I don't really know, though I did hear about a zebra running a shop on main street" Tida whispers back.

Ignoring the whispering between the two ponies, Hijinks begins writing more stuff next to the dots.  'Alchemist' and 'Books?'.

Quantum looked on in silence.  He saw the filly writing; it made sense, but he knew nothing about alchemy, nor where to get any books on the subject.

Seeing the drawing and notes that the filly was making, Tida wondered if that zebra was important to her.

Hijinks finishes with one more word, 'tidy'.  Once finished, she looked up at the two ponies with a smile.  "Any ideas?"

Quantum immediately spun the sheet of paper around to face him and caused a lens to hover in front of it.  He inspected it as if some ancient artifact.

"Well, I believe there are 2 zebras that runs shops."  Tida thinks for a bit before continuing "one of them on main street, and the other in the downtown area.  I'm pretty sure that they're both alchemists, though I don't know if they have books"

Hijinks looks at Flash inspecting the piece of paper.  "Do you have eye problems or somethin'?"

Quantum only glances up for a second.  "No."

Tida is curious as to what Quantum is doing.  "Are you looking for something specific from that paper?"

Quantum puts away the lens and returns the paper.  "My sanity.  She did something with it and I was trying to discern what."

Hijinks gave Flash a baffled look.  "Wha?  You mean you didn't see me draw on it earlier?  You really do have eye problems."

Quantum waved a hoof at Hijinks.  "No you do.  You failed to notice me snatch it!"  He appeared to place whatever he was holding in an inner pocket in his cloak.  "For later" he explained.

"Heheh, see? You would make a great thief."  Quantum facehoofs at that statement.

Chuckling at the banter between Hijinks and Quantum, Tida asks "so, are we ready to go?"

Hijinks looks at Tida.  "Go where?"

"To find your present"

Hijinks shrugs.  "Well, where are we going to get the present if we don't even know what to get him?"

Tida thinks about that for a moment.  "Well... you wrote 'books' on that paper, so maybe books?"

Quantum thinks. "Presumably, if you wanted to get a book it would either have to be a specific one, in which case it would help us to go to to some place that sells books and if you do not know which one then there is a need to browse books."

Hijinks hopped off her seat and looked at the two expectantly.  "Okey dokey, but just so you know, I have a history with libraries."

Tida wonders what she means by that.  "By having a history with libraries, are they good... or bad...?"

Hijinks smirks at Tida. "Colourful"

"You really need to ask that question?" giving Tida a look.  "I wouldn't be surprised if it involved at least two cases of arson, public book burnings, and terrifying librarians by breaking the spines on hardcovers."

Tida shrugs.  "In any case, at least it's something to do.  You know, this is the most excitement that I had in a while."

Hijinks giggles.  "You should come play with me more often.  Have you ever tried fishing with explosives?  I was going to do that sometime next week."

"That sounds fun."  Tida smiles "maybe I will join you after I finish what I have to do in the meantime."

Quantum is silent for a second before replying.  "...Sure."  He planned to figure out minimum safe distance later

Hijinks clapped her hooves together.  "Hurray! We will have sooooo much fun together."

Tida nods in agreement.  "Indeed we will.  Are we ready to find your present?"

Hijinks begins heading towards the door.  "Yeah! let's go!"

Quantum follows, still intent on keeping an eye on the filly.

(((Chat RP done on December 30, 2013)))
Tida
Tida
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 am

Note

Dawn star had been left out of this thread due to inactivity and the remaining players decided to quickly end the thread by using the chat RP feature. For the posts before the chat RP, just pretend Dawn wasn't there.

Original Chat:

-Thread Summary-

Hijinks, while scouring the back alleys of Manehatten looking for a present for Tayari, encounters Quantum Flash. Hijinks manages to get the jump on Flash, zapping him with her joy-buzzer and stealing his money and magical lenses. While escaping, Hijinks runs into Tida, who she uses as a shield and pretends to be the victim. 

Flash eventually manages to catch Hijinks, and attempts to convince Tida he is the victim. Tida agrees to listen and the three head to a local milkshake parlour where the three talk. Flash got his money and lenses back, but decided Hijinks needs some form of punishment, and decided to tag along with her and keep a close eye on her. Tida also joins them as Hijinks recruits both of them to search for a present for a mysterious zebra.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down