MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open for Business [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

Open for Business [Closed] (Dated) Empty Open for Business [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Oct 22, Year 4

Megabyte slipped inside the small single story home she had made hers many years ago, taking a quick peek out of the door and every window to make sure no griffons were following her or spying on her. She moved up to a potion of the wall behind a simple chair and a trash can, looking over her shoulder at the empty doorway that had lost its door some time before. After making sure everything was perfectly safe, she pressed on the seemingly solid wall with all of her strength and slowly creaked open the hidden door.

"I wonder if I'll get any customers today." She said to herself while moving into the stairway that led down to the basement. Making sure the door was closed up tight, the pegasus made her way down to the bottom of the stairs and pulled on a string to turn the dim light on to illuminate the cluttered workshop, many inventions of her own scattered about in a light organization and various concealable spring-loaded knives on a shelf in the corner next to the stairs. She would get executed without question if a griffon were to ever discover this place, but she didn't care, simply dumping her daily metal scraps onto the large workbench to begin sorting them.

Last edited by Megabyte Stream on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Open for Business [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Open for Business [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Mercy pokes her head into the shop. She looks around, making sure there are no other ponies. Once satisfied she trots in and smiles at the owner. "Hello. My name is Mercy Heart, and I require some mechanical parts. I heard about your store and I was hoping you had what I need." She levitates a list to the pegasus. Mercy already liked this pony. No overpower emotions with her.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Megabyte stopped her sorting once she heard the voice behind her, looking up at the top of the stairs to make sure the door had been fully closed behind Mercy. "Welcome to my little place, Mercy Heart. I'm Megabyte Stream, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled, bowing her head lightly before taking a look at the note that was brought to her. "I should have most if not all of these. Please take a look around while I search for these. Anything I don't have ready, I can build for you for no extra cost."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Mercy smiles. The list containes gears, belts, rotors, valves, and various scraps used for making a pneumatic system, if one knows what it is. She does not move from her safe location, but does look around. She can tell that the pony is an inventor. "She might be useful," she did not mean to speak out loud, and quickly closes her mouth.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Megabyte's ear twitched as the slip made it to her, simply giggling a bit more than a normal pony would but not saying anything to reply to it. She slowly trotted around the room, placing the requested parts onto her workbench. "Let's see... What size of gears do you need? They need to fit perfectly into the machine to work after all." She said with another chuckle, trotting over to her box filled with said machine part to rummage around.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Mercy opens her eyes wide at this, "Hay seeds," she whispers, how could she forget to take measurements? She was so busy with "patients" it completely slipped her mind. "Uh, well, I...um..." She looks around the room, as if the answer is going to magically appear. She feels so embarrassed.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 pm

"Unsure? Well, I have an assortment of sizes, you can pick from any that seem right." Megabyte replied with a smile, taking one gear of each size back to her workbench with the other items. "See any that seem to be the right fit?" She asked, knowing that creating a custom size would probably take too long and not make her customer happy. "What are you making anyway? If you don't mind me asking."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Mercy eyes the goods from her location, still not moving. "Well, I am trying to improve my water purification system. Right now it is powered by a treadmill, but that is extremely inefficient. I have read up on mechanical theory, and am currently trying to design a better system." She levitates one of the gears closer, "but it is proving to be harder than originally thought." She turns over the gear once then places it back on the table, "yes I think that size will do fine."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm

"A water purification system, huh? That sounds like it will be hard work, but very rewarding." Megabyte replied, nodding while paying attention to the size of gear needed by Mercy. With a quick trot, she moved back over to the gear box and removed plenty of the right size from her inventory. "I think that's everything. If you ever need some mechanical advice, you can come to me free of charge."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Mercy smiles, "I just might do that. You seem to know a lot about things like that." She looks around the room. "You are very skilled." She levitates a bag of coin from her saddlebag and places it on the workbench. "Hope there is enough in there."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 pm

"Why thank you very much, Miss Heart." Megabyte replied with a happy smile as she put away the gears that weren't the right size before moving for to check the money sack. She took a few moments to hoof through the coins, putting a few back into the sack and biting it to give back to Mercy. "Thank you for your business, it is greatly appreciated."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm

"Thank you, Miss Stream. I definitely will be back." She places the bag and the parts in her saddlebag. "Next time I think I will bring my design. It could use insight from a skilled craftspony." She turns and heads to the doorway. "Be safe."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 pm

"I'll be looking forward to seeing you again." Megabyte replied while watching Mercy leave, turning back to her scrap sorting once she made it up to the door. "Thank you. You stay safe yourself, eyes are everywhere."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down