MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She can fix it [Private] [Closed]

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

She can fix it [Private] [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: She can fix it [Private] [Closed]

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:10 am

Tayari awoke to the sensation of his face being licked. His first reaction was to wipe his face with his forehoof automatically. "Huh?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

She can fix it [Private] [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: She can fix it [Private] [Closed]

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:13 am

"Hiya Mr TayTay!" Hijinks yelled reeeally loudly, making sure to wildly shake the zebra while doing so.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 am

Tayari rubbed his eyes, still waking up. "Good morning, miss. Can you please stop shaking me?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 am

Ignoring the zebra's request, Hijinks continued her shaking. "Noooo, I can't! I got me a bad case of the jitterbugs!" She yelled.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:28 am

Tayari rises to a stand. "Mix powdered garnets and flour over a tepid solution of chlorinated water, keep exposure to open air to a strict minimum..." Looking at the young filly, he asked, "Did you sleep well?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:35 am

Hijinks nods her head enthusiastically. "Yep!" She replied. "I had a dream where I had a box that constantly gave me candies! Then I threw the candies on the ground for some reason..." Which was weird since she liked candy.

Her attention moved to the zebra's work. "What's all this stuff?" she asked, her curiosity piqued. "Are you making boom boom bombs?" She hoped it won't end up like the last explosive he made. That was very disappointing.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 am

Tayari laughed. "You had weird dreams too, huh? I had a dream where I was trying to coordinate clones of ponies in order to defend Canterlot. Don't know what I was defending it from, exactly... Dreams are inherently weird, I suppose."

Tayari then turned and walked over to a ladder in the back of the room, grabbing a key from a table along the way. Quickly making his way up the ladder, he unlocked the trapdoor at the top; keeping the key in his mouth, he lifted the trapdoor open just enough to see the early morning sky.

Closing and re-locking the trapdoor, he commented, "By the way, the very fact that you call explosives 'boom boom bombs' tells me you're not ready to touch them." He slid down the ladder, and put the key away on a table to the side. "Not that I would have let you, anyway."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 am

Hijinks laughed at that comment. "Pffft, me not ready for them? I make much better booms than you!" She said as she pulled out one of her boom crackles. "This is much better than your explosive failure one-four-something." She laughed.

Last edited by Hijinks on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:09 am

Tayari shrugged. "That was an experimental formula. I hadn't tested it to find its effectiveness." Lowering his voice to a whisper, he leaned forward and said, "If you saw the best explosion I'd ever made, you would be awed, young one."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:12 am

Hijinks snorted. "Oh yeah? what did you blow up?" She had set fire to a whole district once, he had nothing on her.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:22 am

"Many things. The entrance to a cave, once. I didn't much care for its occupants," Tayari replied.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:29 am

Hijinks yawned, adopting a bored look. "Wow, you managed to blow up some rocks, that's really impressive." Of course, Hijinks was being sarcastic.

"I once blew up a whole house, and set the whole district on fire!" Hijinks gushed, thinking back on that day, her first major explosion. And maybe even her best. "I didn't care much for it's occupants." She said with a mischievous grin.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:33 am

Tayari scowled. "You set fire to a district? What wrong did its occupants do?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 am

Hijinks sighed and rolled her eyes. Another adult who scolded her. It's either 'don't set fire to that', or 'don't light that fuse' or even 'stop trying to strap explosives to my chicken'. Adults were all the same.

Hijinks decided to just answer the question. "They killed mommy" She said simply.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:39 am

Tayari blinked. That certainly wasn't the answer he expected. "...Oh."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 am

Hijinks kept a note to mention her mother whenever she got scolded from now. "So... Do I win?" She asks. Hijinks liked winning.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:44 am

Tayari slowly shook his head. "That... I... I don't think I understand. How can you possibly go from talking about setting districts on fire to talking about being orphaned and at the end of it treat the whole conversation as a game?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:55 am

Hijinks let out a small laugh. "Because games are fun, silly." She said, booping the zebra on the nose. "Besides, being happy is a lot better than being sad. grandpappy always used to say...", Hijinks changed her voice to a deeper tone before saying, "Hijinks, you should always have a smile on your face because if you frown, your face might get stuck like that". Hijinks beamed when she finished.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:59 am

Tayari pondered this briefly, and began to walk to the front room of the building. "I have to say, that sounds like very good advice. Your grandfather is admirable for telling you so."

After a pause of a few seconds, he added, "Hmm... I have one question though. 'Hijinks'?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 am

Hijinks looked at Tayari, unaware that she was called by her real name. "Yes TayTay?" She asked. "Do you want to be shaken again?" It was a possibility.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:45 am

Tayari held in all but a small smile. "No thank you, I just wanted to test a theory."

Thinking for a second, he asked, "On another note, what are your plans for today? I imagine you have places you'd rather be than here."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:52 am

Hijinks rubbed the back of her neck with her hoof. "Well I did have plans. But they involved flying, so I guess I'll just go do..." Hijinks paused. What could she do today? She could always look around the city for more cool junk, but she didn't really feel like doing that today. Now that she thought about it, she didn't really know what she wanted to do today. "Err.. I dunno", she finally replied with a shrug.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 am

Tayari shrugged, and started examining and repositioning stuff around the front counter. "Well, you're free to stay until you figure out what want to do. It's hours yet until the store opens, so you won't have to suffer the boredom of business; I'll be doing other things instead."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:07 am

Hijinks looked at the zebra move around, fiddling with the potions. Maybe she make more of her bombs, although she didn't have any gunpowder. Looking up at Tayari, she asks "Do you have any gunpowder I can has, Mr TayTay?"
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 am

Tayari reacted immediately, "No! Just... absolutely not. I'm sorry, but there are at least four good reasons why the answer is no, Hijinks... make that five."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:16 am

"Aww, c'mon. Why not?" She pleaded, doing her best puppy dog eyes face. "I'm really good with it, and I hardly blow up at all." Though the times she has blown up was with very small amounts of gunpowder. You can't learn without blowing yourself up a few times.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:21 am

Tayari looked unimpressed at Hijinks. "Because it's irresponsible to give explosives to foals, it's horribly illegal so I won't do it... during daylight, and because I don't use gunpowder."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:24 am

Hijinks looked at Tayari with a curious look. "If you don't use gunpowder, what do you use to make the boom then?" Although this might explain why his last results were a failure. Hijinks never failed in making a large bang.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 am

Tayari laughed. "I have a room dedicated to the art of alchemy; something so important to me I made it my business and at least a third of my home. I use potions! Concoctions, brews, mixtures, many of which I've found to produce a bang... I usually find them at random, admittedly. Not that I use them officially; The ones I find effective, I record..." making an 'air quotes' gesture with his forehooves, he added with obvious sarcasm, "So that I can avoid them and do nothing wrong by the marvelous griffon leaders," placing more emphasis on the sarcastic tone of the word 'marvelous'.

Realizing he was practically forcing his opinions on the filly, not to mention broadcasting them to anyone who could possibly be listening closely, he blushed a bit and calmed down. "Er. Sorry."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 am

"So." Hijinks looked around the room at the various potions and components. "Any one of these things can make a boom?" She asked. That sounded exciting! It sounded fun, mixing things together to get something completely random. "Can I try?" she asked hopefully. 'please say yes, please say yes, please say yes'.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 am

Tayari shook his head. "None of the ones in the front room do. For one, I don't keep any potions in the front room which are potentially harmful or worth any real amount; half of these are actually just water made to look pretty. For another, if I tried to sell explosives out in the open, griffon officials would be after my head in under a week."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 am

"Yeah yeah yeah." She replied, this zebra had rambling problems. "So can I try making a potion now?"
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:13 am

Tayari sighed. "I..." Thinking about it for a bit, he said, "I... had been planning on brewing some potions in the time before the store opens. You might be disappointed, though; the explosions would be smaller than I assume you're hoping for. And I'd have to supervise you if you do try brewing."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:17 am

Hijinks let out a cheer. "Woo! where do I start?" she asked, jumping around Tay. Finished with her bouncing, she pauses to think for a second. "If I'm making magical potions, and I'm an orphan. Does this mean I'm a gypsy now?" She always liked gypsies, they were funny.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 am

Tayari honestly didn't expect her to approve of those statements so readily, but he wouldn't complain. "Alright... Follow me, then. Back to the alchemy room; mind where you move, there's a lot of clutter..." he said, leading the way to said room.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:34 am

Hijinks followed behind Tayari, bouncing along the way. "Yeah, I remember! I saw it last time when I..." Hijinks paused. Perhaps it's best not to remind him of that. "I remember it from my last visit" She said, hoping that was vague enough.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 am

Tayari started rummaging through various sections of the room, bringing forth several tools, pouches and plant samples, saying as he did so, "Yes, your last visit. Where several of my notes caught fire and I lost an experimental vial... speaking of which. You wouldn't happen to remember many of the specifics of experiment number one-four-seven's explosion, would you? I couldn't recall anything besides 'very small' and 'releases sparks'."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 am

Hijinks stood to the side as the zebra prepared his tools and alchemical doohickies. Hijinks replied to the question with an awkward smile. "It's good at destroying lunches?" If applied right, that potion could actually be quite useful. No sandwich will be safe.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:44 am

Tayari thought for a moment. "Well, I suppose there is that. 'Enough to destroy half a sandwich'." Unlike the filly, he couldn't think of any practical applications of an explosion that size, except perhaps as a gimmick; not something he'd really care to brew often.

Setting up the cauldron with a fire underneath (and discretely adding a powdered blue crystal to the fire to add green colour, for little more reason than he thought it might entertain the filly), he guided her through a few of alchemical processes; he consciously always kept an eye on the filly, the time, and the mixture to make sure nothing bad happened, and while he did participate in a fair amount of the work which he internally deemed a little out of Hijinks' current abilities, he did his best to make sure she didn't get bored by always giving her something to do, and usually avoiding the more uneventful brews in favour of the dramatic ones.

Finally, after a long while of potion brewing, Tayari said, "Alright, that should be enough for now. I'll have to open the shop soon, I'm afraid."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 am

Hijinks quite enjoyed the session of potion brewing she had with Tayari. She wasn't the best at it but her former experience with explosives gave her a slight advantage. She was quite disappointing when Tayari said it was time to go.

Hijinks let out a sigh. "aww, that was fun." She looked up at Tayari with big pleading eyes. "Can we do it again sometime?" Hijinks was growing quite fond of the zebra, he was nice to her. He was also fun to play with.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 am

Tayari smiled, having in fact enjoyed working with the filly. "I'm sure we can. I don't know when, but I'll see what will happen whenever there's an opportunity. Oh, and before I forget: Thank you for the assistance."
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:38 am

Hijinks gave Tayari a brisk salute. "No problem!" She turns around, rushing out the door, stopping to give Tayari a quick wave, "See ya later TayTay!" 

Finished with her goodbye, she runs out of the building, taking in a deep breath. "Ah, fresh air." She takes a look around her at the peaceful morning scenery of the city. "Time to cause some crazy hijinks." She grins mischievously, as she takes off down the street. Lets hope the city can handle whatever she has cooked up.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:43 am

Tayari spent a few minutes just barely tidying the alchemy room up; just enough to avoid any probable danger. He then proceeded to the front room, and began running his shop for the day.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 am

Year 4, December 10/11

Characters: HijinksTayari

Summary: Hijinks revisits Tayari's store a few days after the events of Potion Hijinks to give Tayari a new book in apology, with the ulterior motive of getting her supposed wish. Tayari accidentally reveals he can't grant wishes, so she runs from the store into the cold weather outside, passing out. Tayari brings her back inside and helps her recover over the night. The following morning, they talk and learn more about each other, and Tayari lets Hijinks help him brew potions before they part ways, this time with a more positive opinion of each other.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next