MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cloudy Cafe [Open]

Go down

The Cloudy Cafe [Open] Empty The Cloudy Cafe [Open]

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:56 pm

[December, 12th]

There was a screeching sound as Xarith pulled his dirtboard to a screeching halt in front of a cafe for a short break in his day. Normally, he would be running around the city soaking up the sun while he could before he had to start working on the endless amounts of paperwork up in his office, but today had a strong overcast in store for him. Letting out a small disappointing sigh to himself, the zebra adjusted his bags and cloak as he flipped his board onto his back.

Trotting to one of the outdoor tables, he sat himself down unceremoniously into a chair and waved a waitress over as he thought to himself on what he would have today to pass such a boring occasion.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Traveling Merchant & Alchemist

Back to top Go down

The Cloudy Cafe [Open] Empty Re: The Cloudy Cafe [Open]

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:17 am

It was like any other day, where Ms. Smile had decided to afford herself some time off from her job and leave the handling of patients in the hands of her other staff. In lieu of work, she decided to treat herself to some coffee at one of the finer establishments in Manehatten, on main street. It wasn't very far from her office, about two block's worth of walking, though that was a bit far in the somewhat colder weather now, and by the time the mare had reached the establishment, she felt herself cold in the overcast weather.

A quick scan of the area found herself walking toward an already occupied table, and, while the cold and intelligent mare preferred company, she hated to intrude. So, she spoke, in a somewhat even tone: "Might I sit here?" A gesture to the table further provided her intent.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:54 am

Looking up from a small notebook that the zebra had taken out earlier to the occasion, Xarith just gave the mare a warm smile and gestured with his hoof an easy sign of consent. "Of course, no need to ask," he said lightly as he closed his notebook, putting into his satchel beside him. 

Looking to the side to see the progress on the other orders, Xarith's ears turned down as he saw the waitress move back inside the cafe to place the orders and bring out the already ordered items. Xarith just sighed and smiled lightly. "Well, it might be a short while till we order, if you wouldn't mind that small detail."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 am

Vibrant shivered slightly, drawing her coat further upon her as she sat. "I can wait, despite what I appear to be doing," she said, in response to her shivering. As she sat, her eyes and focus turned upon the zebra before her, and, as per her mindset, she began to scrutinize him. He seemed somewhat intelligent, from her observations, and from that, she extrapolated that he may make good conversation. He also seemed friendly enough, which Vibrant always considered a good trait. 

As she caught herself simply staring at him, Vibrant blinked, glancing away toward the street and smiling a little. "It's surprisingly busy," she stated, staring out at the people moving along the street.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 am

Though Xarith had founded it just the slightest bit curious to find the mare staring at him for the shortest moment, he used all of his self control to contain his thoughts from gaining an outward appearance as he-of course-did not want to upset the unicorn in any way. Keeping a friendly smile about his features, he looked out towards the street to see the normal hustle-and-bustle of the everyday pony as they trot along the streets going about their business as he might also do.

"I would have to agree with you on that one," he said with a light laugh. "It has already been getting much colder now a days, and with weather like this, even I reconsider going out on the town." Then as the waitress came out with a tray of assorted drink and various foodstuff levitated by her own magic, Xarith waved her over to take their order. "And well it seems we both do not have to wait long after all."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Taking a glance back toward the Zebra, Vibrant kept her smile up a bit. As she regarded his comment on the wait, she smiled slightly wider, albeit it wasn't noticeable. Now looking full on toward the Zebra, she noticed that he kept a happy face as she did; perhaps he was hiding his emotions below that guise of his? Still, she leaned back in her chair, enjoying the short respite she got from the bustle of her day.

"Indeed, I wouldn't usually come out during this weather, but I enjoy the cold, and despise the hot. Summer's the worst time of year for me, surprisingly," she stated whilst scratching behind her head out of habit.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Xarith gave a thoughtful nod to her own response as he gave a thought to the idea as well. "I would have to agree on you with that one," he said, giving his attention back to the unicorn. "It's a lot easier to warm up then to cool down, and besides, I think I personally enjoy the crisp Manehattan breeze over a blistering heat wave any day." Taking a deeper breath to bring in the refreshing air around him, he kept the same friendly smile on him as he spoke up once more. "The cool air is always a nice change from a confining room."

The waitress stopped by their table at this point, ready with a small notepad and pencil to take their orders for the day. Requesting just a kettle of hot water and a light sandwich to go with it, he gestured over to Vibrant as the waitress turned and asked what she would like for today.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Vibrant glances toward the waitress. "Mm. I'd like a cup of coffee; black, of course, and whatever soup you're serving today," she stated simply, waiting for the waitress to go back to put in their order before speaking to the zebra before her, smiling slightly. "Well, I have a somewhat confining room and cold air to work with daily, but it's always nice to have fresh air," she stated whilst a frown formed on her face.

"I don't believe we've exchanged names, yet," she said, while smiling. "I'm Vibrant Smile; I work as a dentist in my practice about two blocks from here; you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:17 pm

"Ah, that would be my fault actually," Xarith said as the waitress trot back into the cafe to place their orders. "Where are my manners. My name is Xarith Treviant, but I would be quite fine with just Xarith." Bringing his cloak up a bit more around him to stave off the wind for the moment, the zebra turned back to the unicorn. "And I actually work here on Mainstreet as well. Just a couple blocks down from here I have my own general and alchemy shop which I run."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

With a sigh, Vibrant raised a hoof to look at her watch; she still had a lot of time before she had to return to work, and the zebra before her seemed to be capable of holding enjoyable conversation, so it wasn't just the food that held her to the table. "Oh?" Vibrant poised the question, such a simple question, with incomprehensible weight behind it. "So you work in alchemy, hrm? Is that profitable?" Her second question was poised with a sincere tone, as if she were sincerely curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Raising a brow ever so slightly to her comment, Xarith pushed the gesture back into obscurity as he thought on his own work for the moment. There were brief thoughts that roamed through his mind as he looked back on most all of the things he did on his rather busy job as a shopkeep and alchemist. "Profitable..." he said to himself quietly, thinking. Then with a light laugh, he spoke up again. "I would definitely hope so. Alchemy really is the only thing I can get myself to work on without ever tiring of the practice."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Vibrant gives another smile toward Xarith as he explained, his laugh definately evoking said smile. Vibrant thought it prudent to answer the same question she poised, as so to make the conversation fair. "Well, as far as dentistry goes... it's very profitable, especially when I provide orthodontic services to boot. It also helps that I really enjoy my job a lot, as far as helping ponies goes."

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 pm

"I think that it is a great thing when ponies actually enjoy the jobs they do, Vibrant," he said with a nod of much approval. "And it is also an even better thing that you can make more than a living doing something you love that also helps the community." The waitress came back out again with their orders as the warming aroma of the coffee and the inviting smell of the food drifted on the slight breeze. Trotting over and setting a bowl of creamy wildrice soup and vegetables with coffee next to Vibrant, the waitress levitated a small sandwich, teacup and kettle over to Xarith as she poured a bit of hot water into the cup.

Politely, she asked if the zebra would like to choose from their selection of tea and if that would be all for today.

"I will be fine with warm water for now, thank you," he said in the friendly tone that he had been using for the conversations prior. "Would you like anything else, Vibrant?"
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Vibrant simply shook her head as the aromas of her order passed over her, making her feel warm inside despite her not having set her lips upon the items she had ordered. Looking up at Xarith, she spoke again as she picked up her piping hot coffee in her hooves. "You know, you might benefit from a stop by my practice sometime," she stated without attempting to insinuate anything bad about Xarith, simply just advertising her practice. With that, she took a sip of her coffee and smiled; it was just how she liked it, not too hot, warm, aromatic, and with plenty of flavor on the finish. A slight hint of chocolate met her tongue as she looked down at the soup, also finding it to her liking as she set down the coffee in favor of taking a spoon, sniffing the soup, before eating a spoonful of it; it was very hearty and flavorful. Perhaps lunch would be very enjoyable, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Thinking on the honest question for just a small moment, the zebra just gave Vibrant a smile as he nodded in acknowledgement. "I do think that a small visit would help improve myself in general," he said with a smile that showed a bit of his gleaming teeth, ones that he had to keep in a rather clean state for when he dealt with potential customers in his shop. "And I think I've been meaning to get them checked out anyways." Then taking the small cup of hot water, Xarith took out his own small blend of herbs as he began to brew the ingredients until a citrus-like aroma started to drift of of it.

Xarith gave a satisfied sigh as he brought the cup up with his hooves and took a light sip, enjoying the warming sensation of a hot drink as well. "Maybe I could pay a visit if I have some spare time."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Vibrant begins to slowly eat her soup, savoring it, yet eating it quickly as to not let it cool down; she kept listening to Xarith, noting his partially shimmering smile, drawing the conclusion that his hesitance was primarily due to the fact that he was unable to take care of all of his teeth, perhaps. Though, it was all just speculation as she watched the zebra brew his own tea whilst she consumed her soup through aid of telekinesis. Eventually, the bowl was drained, and Vibrant went to slowly drinking her coffee.

"We usually try to keep slots open for walk-ins daily," Vibrant stated without emotion. "So feel free to pop in any time. In fact, later today would do well for us; we're thin on appointments later."

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:43 am

With a quick and fluid movement, Xarith pulled his notebook out of his satchel without even looking to it as if he known its exact location all along. Leafing through the pages quickly and letting the breeze move some for him, the zebra laid a hoof to stop the pages as he looked to Vibrant with a satisfied look on his face. "I think I can take you up on that offer today," he said warmly as he took another sip of his tea, taking in the flavors once again to stave away the cold. "I would happy to help fill in a small opening in business for somepony as nice as yourself."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Taking another satisfying sip of her coffee, Vibrant simply thought to herself what times she had appointments. It took her seconds to respond, assuming that he had taken out his notebook to schedule said appointment. "You should come around three," Vibrant stated, retaining a somewhat serious look on her face as she took another sip of her coffee. "You may have to wait for a little bit, but we should be able to pencil you in at around that time," Vibrant finished, smiling warmly toward the zebra.

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Closing the notebook and simply setting on the table in front of himself, Xarith only returned the friendly smile back to Vibrant as he set down his cup. "I'll be sure to make it if that would be the case," he said as he took his sandwich in hoof, taking a small bite out and putting it down after a satisfying drink to wash it down. "I think I have enough time to stop by and give your offices a look around-" he said as he moved to pick up his food again, but stopping right before taking a bite. "-Again. that's if you would have me of course." And with another warm smile, he continued on his food.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down