MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ingredients for Chili [Complete]

2 posters

Go down

Ingredients for Chili [Complete] Empty Ingredients for Chili [Complete]

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 pm

December 17th
Port De'Luge
Johan's Sanctum

Johan reclined in his chair and gave a muffled sigh. It was the chill in the air that caused the stumps on his arm and wings to act up. Phantom pains were normal for amputees, and Johan knew this. Didn't make it feel any better, knowing why he had the feeling that he still had a fully functioning arm instead of a metal prosthetic. 

Scratching behind his leather mask, he gazed at his custom-made helmet that faced him on his desk, gazing at him like a cold judge, jury, and executioner. Just how he liked to look in front of his soldiers. Giving a morbid chuckle, he prepared himself for his evening meal. Taking a look at the delicious roast laid out before him, he engaged the secondary breathing apparatus located directly above his voice box, and disabled the first one. Finally, after preparing himself, he disengaged the portion of the mask that covered his face. Shaking his head and blinking, the somewhat handsome griffon silently sized up his meal, and began to eat. 

After a good ten minutes, Johan finished the meat and swallowed the last morsel. Reattaching his mask and original breathing tube, the griffon regained his ability to speak. He used this to alert the guard standing watch over him. 

"Sergeant, please inform Rhena that I wish to see her at her earliest convenience." Johan said, muffled by the leather mask. The guard bowed and left the room, leaving Johan to consider his plan.

Last edited by Johan Tercel on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Ingredients for Chili [Complete] Empty Re: Ingredients for Chili [Complete]

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

The gold griffoness was ushered along the hallways of Port De'Luge. After a while, she decided to tell the guard she 'could find a way to Johan's office, thanks much.' and went along on her own. Rhena reached Johan's door and another guard motioned her inside.

She looked at her old friend with a peculiar glance, sizing up the situation and then sniffing the air around her. "Smells delicious in here..." she mused, moving over to a chair and sitting down firmly. Her arms stretched out and snapped, her legs propped themselves on the side of the altered griffon's desk. "Sounds like you need me for something. I can only guess as to what it is." Rhena errantly stroked her head feathers and smiled, "It's been a boring week and I haven't found anything to do, Johan."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Johan chuckled and passed Rhena a covered plate. "Here, some roast. I made sure the cook brought up a second plate for you." With the plate, he also passed a dossier. "-and the paper is your assignment."

"I want you, Rhena, to bring in a potential employee to De'Luge so that I may offer him a career opportunity." Standing up, he walked awkwardly to the nearby bookshelf. "His name is "Hephaestus", at least what he's referred to in the dossier. His nickname is "Chili" though, no clue why. I suggest you use the latter in conversation with him."

Taking a book out of the shelf, he walked over to Rhena and passed the tome to her. The title read, "Aquillian Dragons and their Customs."

"He's also a dragon."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Rhena uncovered the plate and began to eat greedily. Grease and juices dribbled from her beak as she held the document in her talons. Looking up to Johan, she belched a little, her eyes growing wide at the mention of a dragon.

"A dragon. Like, a fire breathing, gold hoarding, giant 'won't leave your city until you satiate it with gems' kind of dragon?" She stopped digging at the roast and wiped her claws on the desk, smearing red juices all over. "My friend, am I supposed to bring this...thing a tithe or something? Doesn't sound like a one griffon job." Rhena folded her arms. After glancing at the book, she opened it up and read a few passages in it. "Yeah, sounds familiar. I haven't seen one personally back home, but I've heard stories."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Johan raised his left, still organic talon. "It is not the adult dragon you are thinking of. In fact, he's still an adolescent in Dragon years." Nodding, he tapped the dossier. "He's strong, but he should do you no harm. He's worked with the local government here several times, and assuredly knows the drill by now."

Unholstering his tri-barreled pistol, he passed it to Rhena. "Here, take my pistol. It has 3 shots pre-loaded, in case you come across problems-" He chuckled. "-of the equine variety. It has a couple dozen small lead ball bearings in each barrel. Should insure there isn't much left of your assailant to attack you any longer." Smiling beneath his mask, he nodded carefully. "Of course, your assignment is to insure Hephaestus makes it here safe, sound, and pliable."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Rhena hesitantly took the weapon from Johan and looked at it with suspicion. Her talons faintly gripped the handle of the pistol and she put it in her lap. "Sounds like a destructive little tool. Don't worry, I don't think any pony is going to deal with me. Not when I have my swords on my back." she stated, pointed to her own weapons.

The griffoness stood up and straightened herself out, the pistol loosely in her grip as she slid it into a shoulder pouch. "Pliable is an interesting word to use. Is this 'Chili' a stubborn sort? Will my chat with him be less of a chat and more of a..." Rhena demonstrated her point by pounding her clenched fist into her other clawed hand. "Besides, I don't even know where to find this guy."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 am

Johan shook his head slightly. "No violence, this dragon could likely punch you through a wall if he put his mind to it. No, pliable as in... sympathetic to us, instead of the local government. Tell him of the safety and warmth of my current residence, and the military funding he can get for his little..." Johan tapped the lens of his mask carefully. "gem addiction."

Passing Rhena a map, he gave a chuckle. "This is a rough 'last known' location of sorts. To my knowledge he is still in the old Industrial District, holed up in some warehouse or factory."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Rhena looked at the map, snickering at the familiar locations around Manehattan. The griffon handed it quickly back. "I can remember the location easily. I just want to know something..." she said, slowly leaning into the disfigured griffon. "Will there be any resistance to me? I've never really done anything like this before." Her snicker turned to a serious, but suspicious face. "This was Rhika's line of work, not mine. I'm good at fighting things and making them submit to the crown, not getting them to work freely with it."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Johan nodded his head and remained standing. "It is winter... so he may be in a state of temporary hibernation. Hepheastus could get... "angry" at being woken up." Patting Rhena on the shoulder with his good talon, he attempted to reassure her. "He should become compliant when you mention pay. And Rhena... your sister and you are more alike, I realize, than I have ever truly noticed before. You will do marvelously, and I'm willing to back that up with a little...'wager'." 

Tapping the empty plate on the desk, he gave a chuckle. "Three roasts like this one that you'll bring him over."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 pm

"Betting for me then?" Rhena smiled and nodded to Johan. The griffoness broke from the other's gentle grasp and headed towards the door. "I'll be there soon. With any luck you'll be correct." 

She turned back to Johan before opening the door, "My sister is the reason why I'm here in the reeking town. I'll do anything to preserve her memory." she stated, quietly walking out the door and away from the office.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 pm

SUMMARY
Johan Tercel, Colonel in the Griffonic military, seeks allies in the inhospitable city of Manehatten. After combing through several dossiers of local contractors and mercenaries he found a likely candidate; his name is Hephaestus, or “Chili” as he prefers to be called. Summoning Rhena Fullplume to his office, Johan proceeds to give her a brief rundown on who the dragon is, and where to find him. A conversation erupts wherein Rhena’s sister, Rhika, is brought up, and both griffons share a moment of camaraderie.

Characters mentioned or present in "Ingredients for Chili"

(Present)

Johan Tercel

Rhena Fullplume

(Mentioned)

Chili
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet