MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Training: Come, let me teach you!

3 posters

Go down

Magic Training: Come, let me teach you! Empty Magic Training: Come, let me teach you!

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:35 am

Year 4, November 22nd, approaching 2 pm

Some of the students who weren't sure of the way to the training ground were already present in the HQ, idly chatting about this and that while they waited for departure. Today was the first day of actual training, with the trainer able to quite literally see magic, and so this was of course a topic. In this group were mostly unicorns who never had any kind of magic education before, the basic class, and for Sil the more challenging one, even more so that there were four unicorns who most likely would run out of magic before the training is halfway over. They'd need a lot of individual instructions, and the class as a whole needed a lot of demonstrations. At least she had Scintillance for the latter. She had sent him directly to the training ground so that students who didn't come to the HQ first would find somepony there. Sil checked on her magical watch - 5 minutes to go - and indulged in conversations with her students.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Magic Training: Come, let me teach you! Empty Re: Magic Training: Come, let me teach you!

Post by Prism Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Prism had spent a lot of the time exploring the underground and had seen the posts of this magic school. As steel had asked him if he could train other pony's in combat he through it a good idea to see what sort of magic training they was getting.

He knew this was only the beginners group but it has the first one that was happing after he saw the posters. Prism had come along in his long brown coat that cover most of his upper body. For now he was just watching the pony's he was not sure if one of them was the teacher.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet
Profession: Captain of the Equestrian Military

Back to top Go down

Magic Training: Come, let me teach you! Empty Re: Magic Training: Come, let me teach you!

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:50 pm

It took a while for Sil to notice the unknown pony, but she wasn't sure if he was watching just out of curiosity what this group of ponies was about or if he had interest in the training. Without turning her head in his direction she concentrated on him for a moment and noticed the armor he was wearing, but didn't know what to think of it. When the time for departure arrived, she stood up and spoke up, asking generally into the room, Anypony new here for the magic training?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Prism guessed that the pony that was calling out would be the teacher he may not be here to train but would be best to ask about watching he though to himself.

He walked up to the Unicorn that called out "I am new, but only here to watch if you don't mind an audience" He asked politely
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Silvern turned to the pony she had already noticed and greetingly nodded her head. Only watching? May I ask why? If you're not sure if you want to join this training I would suggest that you simply take part today, Silvern answered smilingly, though she got a little suspicious. Watching some untrained unicorns practicing spellcasting wasn't very interesting, there were certainly more exciting ways to waste time. Though on the other hoof, up close Silvern could make out various kinds of damage on this unicorn's armor, that probably meant he was experienced in battle. If that was the case, he might be here for the job as magic combat trainer.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Prism nodded "I spoke to Steel a few days ago about a number of things and training others was one of them, but my interest here isn't your class but you. I would like to see how you are as a teacher." he said looking the mare up and down with his one eye trying to size her up.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Silvern was a relatively tall mare, and for Undermarket conditions she seemed very well off. Coat and mane were clean, and she didn't appear to have trouble getting food, but combined with her tall grow she looked still slim. Around her neck she wore a simple white scarf and her purple mane was styled simple, but orderly, held back by a thin red headband. She would have been fit to visit a formal business meeting. She showed a friendly smile, but his interest in her caused some skepticism to appear. Now I'm already getting evaluated as teacher? she asked half jokingly. She didn't like the thought of somepony being especially interested in her. Now that the magic training had started she had given up on keeping her ability a secret to the public since information would sicker out anyway, but this was still suspicious to her. And just as she had always done in such a case, she decided to keep him close and find out more about him. Well, suit yourself, but you should expect it to be rather boring. I'm Silvern Gleam, and you are?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Prism smiled to her "Its not much of a evaluation more of me being nosey as we could end up working together at some point and as I have not been here long its best I get to know others." He hoped that she wouldn't see him as trying to take over or anything.

Prism though for a split second before saying "I am Captain Steel Prism, but you can call me Prism" holding out his hoof to Silvern
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Sil raised an eyebrow at the rank, a pleasant surprise. Captain? That is interesting to hear, I'd probably drag you to Steel right now if you hadn't already spoken with him, she said as she shook his hoof.

She interrupted the conversation for a moment and addressed the group. Everypony, please follow me! With that they began their way to the training ground. She didn't bother to hide that she was perfectly aware of where she was stepping. As they walked, she picked up the conversation again. Prism had said they might work together in the future, and he obviously was an obviously combat experienced unicorn. If you're interested in being trainer for magic combat, that position has been filled by High Magus Cyan Harkness, but she might have use of help, that remains to be seen.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:19 am

Prism walked with the group but keeping close to Silvern "Steel said about training other pony's but I have a feeling he was talking about with weapons and not magic but as to Unicorn can use weapons with telekinesis I would see if you are coving that"

Prism was starting to think maybe saying he was going to be teaching as well was not a good idea and maybe hiding as a student would of been a better one.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:48 am

Silvern slowly shook her head. I have no combat experience, I'm not the one to teach that. I teach general spellcasting, and I can teach combat spells, but how to actually fight has to be done by somepony else, she said. And apart from lacking experience, she also lacked the power to use her magic for fighting. Say, how good are you with magic?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Prism nodded "Well as you said combat magic is done by Cyan Harkness, but you are right there is no point in teaching combat magic and not show them how to fight with out it, it can't always save you so they will have to do training like earth pony's."

Prism smiled when Silvern asked him about his magic skill, he was not one of showing off be he was proud of what he could do. "I am an advanced user, my best once would be teleportation and barrier spells."
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Teleportation, quite dangerous if not handled proficiently, Silvern said acknowledging. It indeed needed some good skills to make sure everything appears at the destination without any unwanted "modifications", but that didn't change her believe that everypony had room for improvement. I suppose today's class isn't the one for you, but I'm sure I could teach you something, even if you're already a good caster. You should come back in six days for the advanced class.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 pm

"Yes I know first hoof how bad things can go if its pushed to much, how I lost my eye" he said nodding to what Silvern had said.

"Well like I said I am here to watch but I would like to visit the advanced class as well and I do need to get to know the others in the Rebels as well and make myself know." He knew watching this class would mostly be a wash of time but he didn't have anything else to do at this point in time and would be a good distraction after the last few days.

Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:38 pm

So that's how that happened... Silvern lost her smile for a moment, Sil had half assumed that he had lost his eye in battle somehow, but apparently it had been a botched teleport. He was probably lucky that the eye was all that was left: If the affected area had been bigger, he probably would have also missed part of his skull.

Silvern forced herself away from the disturbing thoughts, that's not a topic she wanted to bother with, and they had more pleasant things to talk about. By now, Prism's insistence to only watch somewhat amused her. He probably expected conventional teaching methods, but he'd have a surprise coming there. Well, if I can't convince you with words, I think watching my training might deliver some more arguments, though you will miss most of it without partaking.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Prism smiled, "Well I will see what happens and will join in if needed" he said as it was clear that his mare wanted him to join in. He was not sure if it was to see what sort of skills or was something to do with how she teaches but he would soon see what she was talking about
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Scintillance was already up ahead with the rest of the unicorns who came to the training area, rather that waiting out back at the HQ. that is to say, not a lot. He was keeping quiet, for once in the rarest of rarities, sitting aside with his eyes closed, his horn alight, and the same glow covering a small pebble he had before him. Whatever it was he was doing, he certainly didn't look too satisfied with his own efforts. to those watching, it would, at the very least, appear... odd.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Prism walked around the conner and he could see a large group of Unicorn gathered together. "I am guessing this is the rest of your beginners group" he said look at the younger Unicorns that where there.

He didn't expect much in the way of magic to be happing but every pony had to start somewhere and he remembered what it was like starting to really use his magic for the first time and it was not easy to start with.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 am

Silvern noted the presence of the other unicorns, but her interest was immediately drawn to Scintillance. Seems you'll get a presentation of my more unconventional methods right away, she whispered to Prism, then her horn lit up and the golden glow around the pebble had streaks of white in it as she magically pushed Lance' magic into place and gave him mental hints. She didn't completely take over the spell though, only small parts of it, temporarily if they were about to collapse. It was still up to Lance to lift it from the ground.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 am

almost none of the following could be seen. only two unicorns in the area would have "seen" it, those being Silvern Gleam and Scintillance himself.

Through the magic sight he's been trained to use, Scintillance could see his straining efforts on the pebble, three connections that seemed unreal, ethereal through closed eyes opened in a different world he was still, having a hard time making sense of. the largest of the connections pulsed inconsistently in what he "saw" as his usual yellow, and that... was bad. but then the yellow 'connection,' appearing comparable to a "beam" of light, caught a different glow; White. and yellow. neither one or the other, or anything in between, but rather both at the same time. It was a sensation Scintillance had known before.

back in the "physical" world seen by pike and the other ponies, Lances' eyes shot open, and he turned to look at Silvern, making sure his assumptions of the outside force weren't false. he grinned, thankful that she fixed that little "loophole" he's been trying to mend in his spell for a while now, and levitated the pebble quickly. very quickly, and then trotted towards Silvern. "that was the very part of the spell I was trying to practice at fixing... really, you should've left me to work on it on my own that time..." he didn't say it with a grudge, but rather a kind smile, "...but thanks. And, good morning!"

Scintillance then took a turn of the eye to look at Prism... who was rather a bit taller than Lance was. Slightly intimidated in mind, really, Scintillance was getting tired of running into ponies considerably taller than him. It's scary as whoah. "So, uh, hehe, I don't remember seeing you among the unicorns around these lessons... my name's Scintillance, but you're free to call me Lance: light bulb extraordinare, at thy service!"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Prism watches what happened in front of him. He was not sure what he was watching but he has seen unicorn work together to move large objects, but this was a small rock so he was not sure what she could of done other then help him lift it off the ground and if he was learn then wouldn't it been best to let him keep trying.

He listen to what the smaller pony said and he was not sure how Silvern could of helped him learn anything but he wasn’t about to question her skills in front of students so he would watch and see and ask at the end.

He watched as the pony walked up to them and spoke to him. He smiled and looks at him “I am here to watch the lessons, the names Steel Prism but people call me Prism. You still learning the basic then?” knowing he look around in his twenties he was surprise if he was still only learning the basics.   
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 am

Silvern gave a short chuckle at Prisms (understandable) misconception. Not quite. Scintillance is my assistant, not a student of this class. He's responsible for demonstrations. And what you've seen just now was practice for a quite difficult casting technique. No, he doesn't usually fail with levitation, she explained before turning to the rest of the class. Everypony, attention please!

Welcome to the first lesson of the magic training. Despite splitting up into basic and advanced spellcasting, you all have quite different levels of skill and experience. I can't teach you as a group until we have that evened out, so I'll go around and give everypony personal advice. To make sure you have something to do while I'm busy with somepony else, the rest will do concentration exercises.

Since all of you already have cast something before, you all know how magic is normally used. Roughly speaking, we picture want we want to happen, and project this "picture" through our horn into physical reality. The same thing is possible in the other direction: the picture held in ones mind can be manipulated from outside. Some of you already experienced this in the last part of the placement test where I gave you magical commands in which direction to levitate the weight. Normally, an outside manipulation of your spell is most unwelcome. Preventing it is simple, but not necessarily easy, depending on the spell and the opponent. All you have to do is keep the picture in your mind as you want it. It's a matter of discipline, concentration and available power, as is the casting of more complicated spells.

I'll set you up in pairs, each pair gets one weight. Your task is to levitate this weight, in two opposite directions. Try to force the weight into the direction you want, but don't do so by simply throwing more power into the spell. Use as little power as possible to keep the weight in the air, it's about concentration and willpower, not mindlessly overpowering your opponent. Besides, running out of magic before the end of the lesson would be a little inconvenient.

Alright, let's get started.
Silvern continued putting the pairs together, so that they all had an opponent with about the same power and skill. Soon everypony was in deep concentration, some of the weights hovering in place, while others rocked back and forth when the competing unicorns took control and lost it repeatedly. The only unicorns that weren't busy practicing were, next to Silvern, Scintillance and Prism. It's usually seen as beginner's exercise, but I'd still like to see how you two would do against each other, Sil said smirkingly, her blind eyes pointed somewhere into the training group at no specific target.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 am

Scintillance took no moment of patience and kicked right into the magic; his golden aura engulfed a weight, and pulled it closer between himself and Prism before promptly lowering it to the ground, but kept a magic grip over the weight. he exclaimed, "Grab on, Prisy! Spell's up on three! One..."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Prism remembered this task when he was back at school learning to do magic. It is a simple test of how little they could use to get the best effect and fight another unicorn, they had to work out how much they were willing to put into win.

He was not worried he used this a lot as fighting with a sword was very much the same and he could keep hold of the weapon even after blocking a strike from a griffons two-handed weapon. This was going to be a walk in the part even if this pony was Silvern assistant.

He watched as Scintillance just right into it, clearly he was very eager to test his power. Prism was not very happy with how he choose to say his name, he shot him an annoyed look "That's Captain Prism, to you, young one."

He took a little extra time to get ready, but not that much longer. "Right you move the rock to me and I move it to you," he said has his own horn started to glow with the white aura of his own magic and it wrapping it around the rock.

"When you're ready" he said after he was sure he had made Scintillance wait long enough.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:57 am

Lance expectantly waited for Prism to say "two," and was horribly disappointing when he instead instead "corrected" his absolutely adorable nick-name. He gave a quick reply with a sarcastic tone, "Well, ok, Mister Cap'n Prisy-pants sir." He idly levitated a the pebble from earlier, spinning it in boredom until Prism finally said he was ready [color=yellow]"About time!" Lance started pushing the weight in Prism's direction once both glows enveloped the object, and slightly aimed it upwards. it wasn't anything too strong, heck pretty weak for what he'd normally go for, but he was testing how much actual effort he'd really need to put into the spell to match, and has he thought, surpass Prism's strength without losing control.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Clearly this child hadn’t been told anything about having respect and rising to his teasing wouldn’t do any good here, so he just stayed silent. He may have been annoyed with it, but he hid it well.

This was a game Prism had played many time and had won a good number of them and what was going to win here was patience and self-control, something Prism had a lot of.  He matched scintillance power he was not surprised by how weak it was, any other pony may have taunted him that that was not Prism. Talking to much distracted you too much on what you should be doing and that was normally staying away from him. He worked on keeping the pebble still he wasn’t going to push; he was going to wait as he had plenty of time. Keeping  ready to up the power if he needed to.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Lance stifled a laugh; I was expecting the veteran to pull up something more impressive than this... no wonder This unicorn didn't want to join the classes, he thought, he was probably more of a brute soldier than a magic user. That, or Prism was doing the same as Lance; testing the opponent's strength without wasting any of one's own.
He gave a sudden forceful nudge on the weight, and pressed a little harder. if Prism was only faking his weakness, his ability to stop this nudge would give Lance reason to rethink the Elder's strength, because so far, he was pretty sure he could pry the weight clean out of Prism's grip, and proobably plant it in the nearest unicorn's face, and that certainly won't look good. Or feel good, as a matter of fact.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Prism felt the fast build up of power, he was ready when Scintillance went to nudge the weight. It didn’t even more not one millimetre.

Prism moved his eye to Scintillance and just stared at him he didn’t need to look at the target now to feel the power around it or know where it was in relationship to him. Once again he just held the stone there, not pushing his power more than he had to just hold it still.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Scintillance was slightly impressed. slightly. not by the strength he's seeing but by the tactic used to hide it. He grinned, "so you are holding back..." He closed his eyes for a moment, and focused on the magic sight Silvern's been teaching him to use. in doing so, the strength he put into pushing the weight clearly faltered, and would slide back towards Scintillance if Prism pushed on... but it was all one massive mess of connections, and even then, too weak a feedback to see the whole thing; he couldn't tell which for which, his own nor Prism's; he just couldn't focus on both tasks at once. heck, could hardly focus on the magic sight one.

Opening his eyes before anything too bad happened while he was completely lost, Lance realized just how bad the situation was from his attempt at gaining an advantage, and quickly pressed onto the weight with a sudden burst-push; again, slightly stronger than it was before he faltered. He had a disappointed look in his eye, Dangit, Lance...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Prism just kept looking at Scintillance, admitting that he was holding back would only point to him having more power, staying quiet would give the younger pony nothing to work with and keep him guessing on what more Prism could do.

Prism  saw him close his eyes, not sure what he was trying to do. He felt Scintillance power lessen and the weight started to drop a little as he was not wasting any power on keeping it up just stopping it moving. What was this pony doing trying to use two spell at once?

It would be stupid not to take advantage so he started to push the weight too Scintillance, he didn’t even need to use any extra power just move from holding it still to moving it as Scintillance grip on it had lessen that much.

As quickly as the young unicorn had started to lose his grip come a sudden burst of power from him, Prism didn’t lose any of the ground he had got, but the weight once again stopped moving as Prism forces on keeping it still once again.

“And what were you trying there, Scintillance,” He asked. He wouldn’t normally have talked in this little challenge but he was curious to what he may have tried.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:15 am

Lance simply pressed a little further as Prism spoke; Talking would never be a bad idea, it leaves the victor to feel bad about gloating, and the loser not to feel as bad about the loss. getting to know your opponent could turn a bitter rivalry into a rivaling friendship, and the possibilities of better terms. mulling this over with himself, Scintillance wasn't sure if he was thinking poetically, or he was starting to get older than he thought he was. that's scary.

Outside hiis head, Lance was clearly deep in thought, with his eyes gazed upwards, clearly his attention was't on the spell, and it didn't really falter. He then sat and put a hoof to his chin, wondering how best to introduce the MAMI. "It's... a bit strange if I told you. See, there's a whole other "level" of understanding magic, seeing it at its core, so to speak. that's where you can really see how the spell's going, and even patch up wherever something ain't right. I was trying to look into my spell like that, and max out the energy efficiency, but..." Lance turned his head to look at Silvern "I guess I still have much too much to learn, because it was absolutely terrifying what I just saw there. it's what you saw me trying to do at the start of class. He then grinned, returning to a standing position and give a rather stronger nudge into the spell, almost doubling the strength of it than he gave in before; now he really was bothering an effort into the game. "Though I probably wouldn't need it, but I though it would be a lot more amusing to get the thing to spin around you a couple times while pouring some tea." Cocky grin, fillies and gentlecolts. Cocky cocky grin.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 am

Prism listen to the pony, then he remembered this wasn’t military training where everything was a contest, it was a school to do with learning he had come down to watch this may have been a basic class, but Scintillance was not talking about basic magic. Prism full understand of it hadn’t been that good, but he knew how his worked and had picked up a number of tricks and information over the years and as this was a class he would share this one.

He matched Scintillance power level “Interesting, but you don’t need to see the magic to understand it. Take what’s happening here, I am guessing you are pushing the weight to win as that is the idea of this game, but you can win other way without pushing,” Prism gave a smile at Scintillance “If you think I am just stopping you by pushing back, then you would be wrong. What I am doing is holding that weight at that exact distance from my body and using the telekinesis power like that means I could do this,” He took a step forward not a large one, but just to make the point and the weight moved the same distance closer to Scintillance.

“Very useful when trying to keep hold of something and the other is using non-magic means to Knock it out if the way. This isn't just a game of power but is designed to make you think out side the box.”
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 am

Lance didn't do anything about the unicorn's movement. he wasn't perfectly willing to send a full force out. that would actually require energy, and even if he had reserves to spare, he had no intention of emptying them. "but that's... not the challenge..." The unicorn he was facing was casting a rather different spell from what had been requested, the the sounds of his description. He's not pushing... he's holding. and if prism wasn't going to stick to the exact challenge, neither should he. "Have it your way... a thought came to Lance, wondering that if Prism's movement moved the weight, then what if the weight's movement would move Prism. he sent a forceful "wave" to push the weight upwards towards the ceiling, and back down, in a diagonal direction towards Prism.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Prism knew showing what he was really doing would start something, but this pony wasn’t meant to be a beginner. Prism smiled as Scintillance stumbled over his words as he worked out that Prism wasn’t playing fair.

As soon as Scintillance made his comment, Prism knew the game was about to change and this was good hopefully he was about to see what this pony was made of. It was at that moment when Scintillance changed his point of attack to the bottom of the weight.

AT that moment Prism spell become unless and the weight went flight up without any force to stop then the weight come at him, Prism had already recovered and let the weight come at him, he thought it best to let this pony think that he had at least gained some ground.  Prism slowed the weight until it stopped, and then he started to push back this time going on the attack pushing at Scintillance to see how he would cope with him pushing for once. “Let’s see how you do with me pushing,” he said with a smile.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Scintillance returned the grin, "let's see how you deal with me pushing!" he quickly conjured His Aegis in front of Prism. this was Scintillances' signiture ability; what makes him separate from most other unicorns in the area. the conjuration itself caused an impressively bright light that would surely cause a scene. The Aegis would be much like a physical wall, to Prism. heck, one that would be rather difficult to look at, from so close and in a room so dark.

Scintillance then started to push the Aegis towards Prism with a force certainly much stronger than before, both on the weight, and the unicorn himself, which would leave the stallion to his own physical strength to hold his ground, now.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Prism saw the bright light and closed his one eye before it become painful to look at. He could still make out the gold glow through his eyelid. It looks like the game had really stepped up. Prism could do a number of things teleport out of the way or even put up his own shield around him, but they would take up power and power he could use on this weight.

There was no extra pushing put into the weight only the pushing that this golden glow was now doing on Prism. He was a strong unicorn, but not as strong as he was in his prime, but could still go hoof to claw with a griffon if he had to. For now he could hold this ground. He had been pushed back a little, but it only meant Scintillance had more distance to move the weight.

He talked through gritted teeth as he pushed against the shield. “Two spell…. means….. split power,” He said. Now was a good moment to really push Scintillance. Prism up his game now starting to get his power to its max. He was pushing forward but he was also pushing left then right then up and then down, changing the pattern of his attack so to keep Scintillance  guessing what way he would be pushing. His plan was to pull the weight out of Scintillance grip and sending it to his forehead, with his splitting his power between to spells it shouldn’t be too hard unless he stopped his shield spell.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 am

The two unicorns were in the heat of their duel, by now having drawn the attention of everypony. The light of the aegis had caused everypony who had still been concentrated on the exercise to stop and watch. This was also the point when Silvern decided to put a stop to it.

Compared to the two opponents, the glow around her horn was weak as she reached out for the weight. The two telekinetic fields fighting for dominance were too strong for her to simply disable, and instead she began surgically removing their spells' target. She locally disrupted their magic, creating a passage for the weight to be moved out of the their hold, and with another manipulation she used their spells to cause that movement.

To the outside, not half a second after Sil had begun casting, the weight shot out towards her, leaving the two-colored glow of the duelists to remain right where it had been, the target suddenly lost. The weight lowered itself to the floor right before Silvern, who frowned into the space between Prism and Lance. Lance, dispel it, she said, referring to his Aegis.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 am

Scintillance was glad that he put an end to Prism's physical advance, as that would cut prism from his easiest strong points, and that left him to his magical ability, Which Lance then realized, was quite impressive after all. Lance was down to splitting his own concentration, but he could manage that well enough. it was the energy he was pushing at that was a problem; thee Aegis was his strongest, and easierst, conjuration, but it still strained him on multi-casting.

with prism aiming his magic all over the place, Lance no longer had to; Pris probably gained a lesser force from angling his direction;  he pris aimed the weight both up and forward, leftand forward, right and forward, etc. All lance had to do was push the weight in prism's direction, though, still with difficulty, as he discovered...

and then he felt something alter in his grip on the weight, and immediately knew what was going on. it's happened before. he surrendered his grip on the weight, and allowed Silvern as she saw fit with it. and also, expected some humiliating glares from the rest of the class; "losing" so miserably like this to a random third player in the game would never look good, but there's nothing he could do about Silvern's... unique, abilities.

He was panting heavily from the recent exertion of energy and kept his head down. He did as she asked, and dissolved his Aegis. thoughts mulling over 'see how you feel if I learned how to do that, maybe mess with your magic sight...'
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Clearly this pony had a too good a hold on the weight for him to push it out of his magic grasp. He had lost some ground trying it, but it was something worth doing.
He was pushing hard on the golden light, he had found himself some ground with good grip and he was pushing back as hard as he could. He had no idea what it was or if it could be moved, but he wasn’t going to be losing anymore ground.

Prism now stopped trying to pull the weight in other directions and now was just going to put it all into pushing it. Now he would use everything he had no time to hold back, but time to show Scintillance what he could really do. At that moment Prism felt something else happening, he had never felt anything like this before he tried in vain to hold on to the weight and close up the gape that had been made, then it was gone there was nothing left for him to hold on to.

Then he heard the voice of Silvern, clearly she must have done something. Prism got himself ready for whatever he was pushing against to be dispelled, last thing he needed was to fall flat on his face. He felt the force on him let go. He was ready to stop himself hitting the ground. Opening his eye, but he couldn’t see anything but  other than a sunspot in the centre it will take a few moments before he could see anything normally again.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:12 am

Some of the students couldn't suppress a slight chuckle when the duel came to a sudden stop by Silvern's seemingly effortless intervention. Silvern herself was significantly less amused. That's not exactly what this exercise was about, she deadpanned, followed by a sigh. She hadn't intended this to become such a distraction. Well, it did let me get a look at your magic, so I guess I got what I wanted. With this she turned around to face the class again. Enough showing off, everypony back to practice.

With the show over, the students did so at once and Silvern began circling through the group. She stood by each pair for short time without saying or casting anything before she gave advise and from time to time made herself the partner for the exercise. The most interesting thing for Prism to see was again that Silvern apparently effortlessly tapped into foreign spells and manipulated them to give her students a better feeling for their own magic. The only thing observable from outside however was a white shimmer among the usually more colorful glow of magic from time to time and the words she spoke to it. The students on the other hoof seemed to pick up a bit more than that, judging by the look of comprehension some of them showed.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:07 am

Lance was pretty quiet and frowny for a bit after that show of humiliation. He looked to prism with acussing eyes, "I blame you..." but the softened suddenly and turned to friendly smile "but admittedly, that was awesome. you were a fun opponent! you're not too bad, Pris... really, not bad at all... he kept  his voice quiet, however, so as to avoid Silvern over-hearing him, and still tried to make amends with the unicorn. in combat, his opponent is his opponent, but it's a different realm of sociality.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 am

Prism was opening and closing his eye as he still couldn’t see much through his eye other than black spots. “Not my problem you can’t bend the rules quietly, maybe try using it whatever that was, but smaller and on the weight. It being smaller means it should take up less power and power you can use to push an object.”

The comment was nice, but he was still not happy with this nick name he was still using not happy with it at all “Nice of you to say that, your not too bad yourself kid, but you can still call me Captain Prism,” Prism said looking to where his voice had come from.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Scintillance chuckled, the ideas wasn't to stop the weight, it was to stop you; can't say that I know what you did there for sure, but it sure looked like your physical movement made some contribution to the small, and a smaller scale wall of light wouldn't do that trick... Captain Prism." It wasn't some Lance would give away so easily after such dull first impressions to such serious ponies, but if Prism ever cared for Lances' respect, he earned it. in Scintillances' strange, and... scinti way.

with concern for Prism's repeated blinking, he trotted closer and held a hoof out before him, "How many fingers am I holding?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:18 pm

“Well as a solider I learnt to use telekinesis other was. As I am sure you know if you are holding an object with telekinesis you can move objects many times your size or weight, but if something physical hits the object it can knock the object out of your grip with very little force used,”  His was still blinking his eye and the black dots started to get smaller.

“If you have ever had to block an attack from a griffon, then you know what sort of force I have trained to hold on to, the pushing was something I found out by accident and thanks to my father I have the strength in body to use it” His vision had almost got back to normally, but there was still are large size black dot when Scintillace asked him how many fingers he was holding up.

“Ponies don’t have fingers we got hooves?” He said questionably.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:18 am

Lance pulled his hoof away; on it was a sticky note that literally read "dude, two fingers if you can read this." He sighed, as this meant there's still a good bit of sun-spot in Prism's direct view. Scintillance crumpled up the note and dropped it in a pocket; he wasn't one for littering. "Yeah, I can tell you've put that practice into practice. Well, since you can't see that the note says two fingers, I guess your sunspot's still a decent size. you should be fine in about ten to twenty seconds, and then you're good to go!"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:12 pm

“Wouldn't call it practice more hoofs on learning, I know it will pass not the first time I have lost vision not the only time I have had something very bright close to my face.”

He looked over to where he was sure Silvern was or at least he last heard her voice “Well now that we have finished disturbing your class I will let you get on and teach.”
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down