MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated) Empty Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated)

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 12:45 pm

December 2nd.

Sten led the way down the tunnels to the vault. It wasn't the worst bit of the sewers, but it came close. The walls were damp and green, the floor underfoot squelched, but at least the air was cool, if not particularly fresh. He rapped a claw on the vault door and looked back to check on the new girl.

"Doing alright?" he said, smiling.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated) Empty Re: Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated)

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Grace had followed silently all the way. The enclosed space wasn't comfortable, nor did she feel any safer. But she had agreed to come so far and saw no reason not to see this through, for better or worse. The walls were less then friendly and the ground was something one would rather ignore. As the Griffon spoke she gave a small smile and nodded "As well as I could be in a place like this" she replied.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated) Empty Re: Work For Those Who Can Get It (Dated)

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Zweihander was looking at a large blueprint of the sewers when he heard the rapping on the large metal door. It was only himself and Arnhölt in the Vault at the moment, the rest having moved on or doing Zweihander's requests outside. As such, it was up to Zweihander to answer the door. With a wince, the middle-aged griffon padded to the door to give his ally entry. It was odd that Sten was back so soon... it would be prudent to check it was the gray Court's soldier.

Opening a ramshackle eyehole, the griffon peered through with a hazel-irised orb. He saw Sten... and a hippogriff! It appeared he had succeeded in his charge. The dimly lit exterior did not allow Zweihander to see the being fully, but from what he could see "it" was a "she". Seemed more pony-dominant than griffon, which fit into his plans nicely. However, there was one defining feature that he didn't miss; a well-made green scarf, quite unique. He bet there was a story behind that scarf, and one he would be interested in hearing.

Turning the wheel to unlatch the heavy door, he allowed the two to enter with a nod, the fires inside the vault emitting warmth and light.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Stenn nodded to Zwei as he entered, grinning broadly.

"Said I'd do my best, eh?" he said. He turned to the hippogriff. "This is Zweihander the planning wallah, and this is our humble abode."

And humble it bloody was. No two ways about it, the vault was a shit hole. Still, no need to worry about that. Zwei surely had a plan to extricate the headquarters somewhere better. With any luck.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Grace flared her wing tips as the warmth hit her, allowing them to collect the warmth and trap it inside her wings, a technique she had learned while being out on the streets. She trotted in after the Griffon, bowing her head curtly to the one called Zweihander. "It's lovely" she said without any hint of sarcasm or fake tone. To someone like her four walls and warmth was very nice indeed. She moved over towards the source of the heat, flaring her wings wide before bringing them in again. She was easily smaller then the two Griffon's, but her wing span was noticeably large for her body size.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Zweihander waited until the two entered before closing the heavy metal door behind them. The hippogriff seemed to enjoy the warmth, using a wing motion to trap the heat under them. Clever. Zweihander noted approvingly. She had rushed straight to the fire after saying a brief "It's lovely." Glancing at Sten, he pointed to the door and signed to him.

"Any sign of Cumulus?" It was a faint hope that his messenger would have returned by now with the speed of Sten. As he talked with Sten, he noticed out of the corner of his eye that Arnhölt was resting by the fire the hippogriff was by. The tawny youngling was snoring quite loud for a griffon his age. With a smile, he looked back to Sten to pay attention.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Sten shook his head and shrugged.

"Not seen 'er," he said, nodding over his shoulder at the newcomer. "I just did like you said and found a hippogriff. Such as she is."

For all the moxie she'd shown, it seemed she was a pretty easy character once you showed her a warm room. Mind you. Sten remembered the fortnight on the Trottingham front they'd spent holed up without firewood. He'd have kissed the griff who brought them a stick to burn.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Once Grace had collected enough heat under her wings she turned her attention to the Griffon's who seemed rather, secretive about whatever it was they were discussing. "So, what exactly is this job I was told about?" she asked, her emerald green irises flickering from one to the other. She paid no mind to the Griffon sleeping behind her, for he seemed less then a threat while being asleep.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Zweihander looked to the hippogriff as she spoke. Padding over to her, he knelt down to her eye level and passed her a scrap of paper, spidery talonwriting showing Equestrian script. The note read:

Greetings. My name is Zweihander, if we have not been introduced prior to your reading of this letter. You have been brought here for a "proposal" involving myself and my fledgling group. You are to be hired for miscellaneous jobs, which will result in immediate negotiable pay, and you will be provided free room and board in this enclosure. Other jobs which depend on your unique talents will arise as well. Have you any questions, please ask, and my associate will translate for me.

Giving a reassuring smile, he awaited her response.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Sten caught a glimpse at the piece of paper, and wondered silently why he'd never seen a piece of paper like that. Sure, Zwei and him had the Arrangement to consider, but why couldn't it be open to amendment? Immediate negotiable pay was the kind of thing he could have done with...

Anyway. He stood by Zwei and tried to smile reassuringly.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Grace tensed as the Griffon moved towards her. She began to contemplate attacking, bucking and biting as well as ways to escape but... it seemed her fears were misplaced as a piece of paper was shown to her. She read it relatively quickly, giving another reread afterwards. It was, interesting to say the least. She looked up at him and nodded, "What kind of jobs should I be expecting?" she asked.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Zweihander motioned for Sten to come beside him. It was time to negotiate what the hippogriff would be doing. He would wait for Sten to walk forwards, if the griffon complied. Zweihander would sign the following to Sten, for the gray griffon to translate.

"It depends on your specific talents. What are your skills?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Sten hung nearby, watched Zwei move and spoke for him.

"He needs to know what you can do before we can know exactly what to let you do," he said, smiling broadly.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Grace picked up rather quickly that this Griffon was a mute and that the other needed to translate. It made things rather difficult but they seemed to manage. "Well, I don't like to boast or brag so I'll be brief and to the point" she started before continuing, "I'm very fast and very agile, so far I've never been outrun or out manoeuvred in the air, there's a reason for these large wings that I tend to exploit. Other then that I'm good at staying out of site and out of mind, a talent I picked up when I discovered the large prejudice against my kind" she said, her tone even and casual.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Zweihander kept an even expression, and signed to Sten casually. In his mind, however, he was ecstatic beyond compare. This being was infinitely useful to his endeavours, with agility and stealth being her key points. He had no idea of her prowess in a fight, but he would find out soon enough if she joined up.

He signed to Sten: "Tell her that her jobs will be of the non-combatant nature, very little is expected. We need eyes and ears above the surface, as well as another being down here on a semi-permanent basis. As well... good job Sten. She's a damn good find, and in regards to that, keep all 700 bits. You're earned them."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Sten raised both eyebrows to Zwei as she described her skills. It was, to him, more of a question of whether her naivete meant she wasn't so likely to be lying. The bad disproving the worse.

On the other hand... 700 was more than Sten had seen in a while...

"The jobs will be surveillance, mostly, keeping us clued in on what's going on. Who's moving, who's shaking etcetera. You'll report back here and, when you need to rest, you can rest here."

Don't make him regret this, Sten left unsaid.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Grace listened and then nodded "I accept" she said simply. A roof over her head with pay for doing something akin to what she does already was more then she could hope for, besides this warmth was great and not something she wanted to go without for a while at least.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Zweihander smiled broadly. Motioning her to follow him, he stood up and began walking to one of the alcoves made by past residents. A small lean-to had been constructed, with somewhat clean fabric blankets forming a makeshift bed. He pointed at her, then to the bed. He then looked up at Sten, and signed to the griffon.

"Tell her this is her bed if she wishes, however she may take any other place in this Vault that is not already taken."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Sten pointed to the lean-to which, to be fair, kicked the shit out of his sleeping arrangements (i.e., floor, blanket, cardboard box).

"He's made that for you 'specially," he said, grinning. "It's yours, if you like the look of it."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Grace smiled for probably the first time since meeting the first Griffon, "This will be just fine, thank you" she said, swishing her tail over the bed. Stolen items fell out of it, ones she had collected on today's haul. Rings, jewels and wrapped food could be seen. Grace had no problem with them seeing this, for it weren't any of their business. Or at least, she didn't think it was.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Zweihander raised an eyebrow at the contents of the hippogriff's tail. A thief... most excellent. Her talents would not go amiss. He signed to Sten for (hopefully) the final time for now.

"If you wish, we'll be eating soon. Some bread and cheese, if you're interested. I'll start teaching you griffon sign of you desire to communicate."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Sten glanced at the fallen items and shook his head quickly.

"Water under the bridge," he said, smiling. "He says it'll be dinner soon, and he'll give you a couple of lessons in sign language to boot."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Grace blinked, she hadn't expected to be fed as well as provided with a room, though it was most welcome. She nodded in understanding, "That would be nice, I would like to at least be able to communicate with my employer" she said casually.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Zweihander nodded at the hippogriff, and left to leave to the fire. However, before me made but five steps he turned about and signed to Sten.

"What's her name? I don't think she's introduced herself."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Sten opened his mouth to interpret, when he frowned.

"You're right, she hasn't," he said. "We haven't been introduced."

He offered her a claw. "I'm Sten Softclaw, this is Zweihander, and you are...?"
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Grace blinked, having completely forgotten to introduce herself. She blushed a little in embarrassment before she responded, placing her hoof in his talons, "Graceful Whisper, although the few that know me just call me Grace, it's nice to meet you" she said, feeling rather better about being here now that she knew this really was a job and that they didn't intend to harm her in any way.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Zweihander smiled broadly. This had ended up more than satisfactory; he had a new, capable ally, as well as a strengthened friendship with Sten. It almost thrust away the headaches that constantly attempted to overwhelm him, which had been appearing with stunning regularity. His large namesake, always on his back, seemed to be the only thing that kept... his other parts at bay.

With a somewhat pained expression, he extended a claw to shake as well. Afterwards, he would retreat to prepare his makeshift manuals for teaching his sign language.

Last edited by Zweihander on Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Sten shook her hoof and released it. "Pleased to meet you, Grace. It's good to have you on our team."

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He could get used to a bad luck charm if she was this personable.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Grace shook the talons of Zweihander before returning her hoof to the ground. When he walked away she looked to Sten, "So, who are you in this team?" she asked curiously.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Sten pointed to himself and raised his eyebrows. "Me? Oh, I'm just the dogsbody, the runner of errands. Zwei's the mover and/or shaker."

He leaned in close and whispered to her. "We have an Arrangement."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Grace listened and then blinked, "An arrangement?" she asked, not fully understanding the implications of what that meant between Griffon's.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu May 30, 2013 7:24 pm

St"It's between me and him. Along the lines of 'don't kill and don't be killed'," he said nodding sagely. "Been quite advantageous so far," he went on, thinking of the seven hundred bits burning a hole in his pocket.

"Anyway, enough about me. What about you? You seem very well to do for a street sweeper."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri May 31, 2013 3:48 pm

Zweihander padded off to the ersatz pantry, composed of several mostly-empty sacks of food. However, there was still some stale loaves of cheap bread, and a smattering of soft cheese left by a grateful scholar. Producing the meal, he gave a glance down to reveal an individual slice of jerky.

Sten will surely enjoy this... Zweihander thought. Taking the slice of jerky, he placed it on the pile of food and went to create a semblance of a decent supper. Taking three chipped plates, the brown griffon placed a loaf on each, with a small pile of cheese beside each. He split the slice of jerky in half, and dropped one on Sten's, and one on his own.

Glancing up, he began to walk towards the two with the meals balanced on his wings.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Fri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Grace simply shrugged to what Sten had said, "I'm a good thief" she said honestly, "You either learn to do it right and eat or don't and starve" she said before sighing, "I don't enjoy it though, the fear that hits your chest when you're wondering if at any moment you might be caught and have a Griffon patrol set after you, it's not a nice feeling" she finished before she saw Zwei come back with food.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:43 am

Sten nodded. True enough, if she'd lasted this long on the streets, she couldn't be that unlucky, at least not to herself.

"I can well imagine," he said, glancing over her shoulder at Zwei, who was ambling back with food. "Ah, fab, supper."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Just as the others were about to begin enjoying their meager meal a noise began to make itself apparent. It was soft at first, easily missed, but as the seconds passed it became more and more apparent. In time the sound was of the right volume and rythm so as to play into the ancient architecture of the Vault. It reverberated off the walls and pillars, constant and unyeilding.

Tap, tap, tap....tap, tap, tap...

Should they be listening carefully the three in the middle would eventually be able to pick out the origin of the noise; The Door. Someone, or something rather, was gently tapping at it.

Something wanted in.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Undertaker/Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Zweihander smiled as he reached the two, placing Sten and Grace's plates before them carefully, making sure not a crumb spilled before placing his own on the ground. Sitting his haunches down, he looked around smiling, about to make conversation... until the knocking began.

Sitting ramrod straight, he looked at the source of the noise with his eyes narrowed. Could it be Cumulus, returned early as well? he thought carefully. It would pay well to make sure. Motioning the other two to follow him, he began to pad quietly to the door, his large namesake still sheathed across his back.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:55 am

Grace thanked Zwei for the food before she heard a knock at the door. Slowly she moved into the shadows of a corner close to her bed, watching the door. It was more of a safety reflex then anything else.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 am

The door would get anyone's attention, but not Sten's. He had fine bread and the finest cuts of meat available to griff on his plate. For a moment, everything else faded into obscurity in comparison.

Still, when Zwei beckoned, he grumbled and set his plate down (keeping a stick of beef in his beak all the same, mind) and sidled over to the door with him.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 am

As those within the Vault moved about the rapping at the chamber door continued in its steady rhythm. Like the erratic beating of some strange heart or the dripping of a faucet.

Tap, tap, tap...tap, tap, tap.

Drawing closer to the door revealed details of the sound that were otherwise lost in the echos it dispersed throughout the room beyond. The first of these was the type of sound it was. It was far to soft to come from the falling of a hoof or fist. A talon then perhaps? No matter how it was worded the idea didn't sit right even then. It felt...off. This observation in turn led to yet another question.

If it wasn't a pony, or a griffon, what was sitting on the other side of that door?

As the two closed in the tapping slowed only to die completely when they finally reached the door. It was almost as if whatever was tapping knew there was someone on the opposite side knew they were there. Surely though, it, whatever it was, couldn't know? After all, between it and them existed a firm barrier of solid, if aged, iron, and even a gryphons keen eyes could not pierce such a thing. Only one choice remained now.

Open the door and see what lay beyond it, and pray it was friendly.

Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Zweihander reached the door apprehensively, rearing up on his hind legs and placing his right hand on his sword in preperation. He was comforted in the knowledge that Sten had made to follow him (a piece of jerky in his beak regardless). Grace had decided to stay in her newfound home and not follow Zwei to the door. That was understandable, if not slightly disappointing. But no matter; Sten and himself should be able to at least insure nothing got in that wasn't invited.

Moving his face to the eyehole he had used not an hour ago, it seemed he would be using it a second time. Slowly unlatching the cover, he took a look outside into the oppresive gloom of the tunnels, the dim, flickering light of the fires in the vault illuminating very little outside.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:37 pm

The Eye-port revealed naught but shadow and gloom to the curious eye of Zweihander. At first there was little of note but the more one stared into that inky blackness the more began to believe something was staring back. It was an unsettling sensation, creeping...cold, like the bite of winter.

Whatever it was knocking on the door, it was not the size of a pony or gryphon. What then, was gently rapping at the door? Seconds passed. Then the sounds struck up again. Being so close one could just hear the ruffling of feathers before the signature tap, tap, tap.

It still wanted in...whatever it was.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Zweihander saw nothing in the murk, yet the knocking continued. Logic dictated that it was something smaller than a pony... but Zweihander had seen enough in his travels to not discount the mystical. Looking to Sten, he signed to the gray griffon.

"Ask if anyone's there please, friend." He balefully glanced back outside the door. The murk and gloom was always oppressive, and it seemed that it got to Zwei's nerves. With a shiver, he waited for Sten's call.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Sten nodded and peered out the slit.

"Oi! No sudden movements out there!" he shouted, banging on the door just in case it was something with too many legs and mandibles. Then, in case it had four and a beak, he said, "Who are you and what do you want?"
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:09 am

Whatever it was that lurked on the other-side didn't seem to falter or spook at sudden loud cacophony of noise Sten's knocking. The shadows themselves seemed to flicker a bit at the order to not make any sudden movements, and again the sensation of being watched grew even stronger.

The creature that was knocking that however gave a response. It was a strange sound, eerily lifelike. It was the signature croaking voice of a raven, a large and well trained one at that, but that was not what was the most unsettling fact. The most unsettling thing was WHAT the raven was saying.

"Zweihander"
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:43 am

Zweihander raised an eyebrow. Well, it seemed he had an answer for what was knocking... only one creature could make a voice like that. A trained bird, specifically a raven. There weren't many of those flying about in the sewers though, that was for sure. So that meant someone was with it... and knew him by name. But who in Manehatten had those two criteria?

The brown griffon remembered. A jet-black hunter he had met about a month ago. The sinister griffon had aided in Zweihander's healing process with a healing poultice. He had appeared friendly then. Perhaps he was still an ally now.

Looking at Sten, Zweihander signed instructions. "Ask if the 'Hunter' is there."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Sten nodded and shouted through. "Is that Hunter?"

Sounded like a raven. Well, griffons came in all shapes and sizes. Some were more bird, some were more cat, couldn't help that...
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Seconds passed before an answer came. It was not the raven this time, but someone new. Someone hidden in the shadows. The voice that responded was eerily serene, and belonged quite clearly to someone other than the Raven from before.

"Do you still wear a mask, Zweihander?" the voice said, the very shadows themselves seeming to stir as the words rolled forth from the blackness and into the ears of those beyond the door. It was a voice one of the occupants could not help but remember, one he would no doubt ever truly forget. The voice of the mysterious gryphon who'd seeped forth from the shadows only to vanish once again.

The Hunter was there and he was watching.

Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Graceful Whisper Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 am

Grace kept her ears open, listening from the shadows of the room. The first voice was... off and unsettling, seeming to belong to something in-equine. The second however, carried a deeper tone that demanded caution from all whose ears it reached. Grace would wait and watch, for now.
Graceful Whisper
Graceful Whisper
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 am

Zweihander let in a quick breath as he heard the sepulchral tones of the griffon he had met before, in these very sewers. His question was a reference to their conversation from before.

Walking forwards to the door, his sword the farthest thing on his mind, pondered what the hunter wanted. Last time he was here with peaceful intentions... it couldn't w guarunteed that a griffon with his skills had tracked Zweihander down here for another peaceful talk. He would have to make sure.

He signed to Sten, all the while looking at the door.

"Ask him if he comes to us as a friend, or as a hunter."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next