MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED)

4 posters

Go down

Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED) Empty Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED)

Post by Manehatten Guard Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Nov 6, Year 4

((Takes place at 5:30pm))

"N-n-no sir," The young unicorn was slowly stepping back as two guards stood before. She was trembling before them.

"You don't have the money?" They looked annoyed and tired, but not malicious. "You know the law. You must pay taxes." They did not advance, only stood on the side of the street with the quivering pony. They had their spear vertical leaning on them, crossbows on their back and the signature griffon armor over their bodies.

"I-I am s-s-s-sorry." The speech was more than just fear, the unicorn had a speech impediment. "I-I-I can get th-th-th-the me-money."

The two guards sighed. "This is the second time we have come to collect from you. This time we had to find you. Look, we can't let you go again. You are going to have to come with us." One of the griffons advanced slightly.

"N-n-n-no!" The pony backed against the wall and closed his eyes, shaking.

"Hurry up and just grab him. I am too tired for this shit," One griffon said to the other.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED) Empty Re: Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED)

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Double made his way through Manehatten's main street. He had been glad that the day before had gone with such success. Ark's parents being rescued along with the other two. The rescue certainly couldn't have gone better. Giving a brief sigh of relief. With how well it had gone, it gave the unicorn hope that this rebellion idea might not be as bad of one, and might certainly have a chance to make a difference for the better for the ponies here.

The moment of relief, quickly died though as the charcoal unicorn noticed a pair of griffons, corning a pony. Edge gritted his teeth as he was a pair of guards advancing on a cornered pony. "Woah woah, hey now whats going on here?" the unicorn approached. Keeping part of his mind focused on the hidden pair of blades underneath his saddlebags. He didn't want to make a scene, especially not out here, but to save someone in need, he would he no other option presented itself.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED) Empty Re: Random Encounter: Give unto Caesar (Dated, CLOSED)

Post by Manehatten Guard Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 pm

The griffon standing back looked at the approaching unicorn. "This doesn't concern you civilian, move along."

"You have to come with us." The griffon approached the pony again, his weapon leaning against him, his claws out and open, palms towards him.

"I-I-I can't. I c-ca-ca-can get the mo-n-ney." The pony continued to cower against the wall. Other ponies looked away as they passed.

"Unicorn, stop. This is official collections business." The griffon turned to face the pony, his arm outstretched, his weapon still leaning against him.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Double gritted his teeth as he watched ponies simply walk on by, simply trying to ignore what was happening. This wasn't the Equestria he knew. They should be helping. Wasn't that how Equestria was before it became this hell. "Please sirs, if money is the only issue, is there anyway I can help him." He hated having to call these cretins 'sirs' he felt dirty doing it, but right now his pride had very little meaning in this. If it meant saving this pony from whatever fate might await him. It was worth it. Reaching into his bag, the unicorn pulled out a small handful of bits. It was just about all he had in the way of money, originally meant for getting some food, but this was much more important. "Please, take my money in his stead. Its not like it means any less because it isn't his."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Quicksilver walked the streets, wearing saddlebags containing nothing but his axe out of sight. He was keeping an eye out for anything he could steal money from, but more than that, being aware of any guards who might take an interest in him. Off to the side, he saw a few guards hassling a mare. 'Can't have that, can we?'
The pegasus made his way to another unicorn's side, who also seemed to be against the griffon's treatment of the mare, in time to hear him offer his own money.
Rolling his eyes slightly, he spoke up. "You think they're really interested in the money? Please. They want a fight. And I am perfectly happy to give 'em one," calling to the guards now, "Isn't that right? You looking for coins or a fight?"
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Dead
Profession: Serial Killer Victim/Professional Corpse

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:30 pm

The guards looked at each other. "He owes 54 bits. Missed three payments already." The griffon looked back to the quivering pony. "If you have that I guess it would work." The griffon backed off from the mare slightly.

"Go ahead an-" The guard stopped as another pony stepped up.

"Isn't that right? You looking for coins or a fight?"

"Seriously." The guard in the back looked confusingly at the new pony. He shook his head. "Cat, can't wait to be done with this deployment." The griffon put his claw at the bridge of his beak.

"Look, we are only here to collect this civilians back tax. This unicorn has offered to pay. Please move along." The guard in front of the black unicorn addressed the new pony.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Quicksilver raised an eyebrow. 'They... they actually just want the taxes paid... That's surprising.' Now knowing it would not be helpful to fight the griffons, as they aren't truly looking for any excuse for violence, and now realizing that his attempts would have probably been doomed to failure. Having no bits on his person at the time, he decided to look to the unicorn who'd been here before him, seeing what he chose to do.
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 am

Double's eyes felt like they were about to start twitching as the pegasus came forward, spouting about himself wanting to fight the griffons. Normally he would have been all for fighting these guards, however right now, in public this really wasn't the best place to start a fight. Thankfully the guards defused the situation...before giving more bad news. 54 bits...he didn't have that much. He barely had enough to live on.

Reaching into his saddlebags, the unicorn pulled out all the bits that he had on him. Counting it up. He grimaced. "I...only have 30 bits. Is there anything I can do to give me some time! I have more...just not with me! If you give me just some time I can get the rest!" Most of that was true. He had some bits at home...but enough to help this pony? He honestly didn't know. All he knew was that the majority was here in his hoof.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 pm

The guard looked to the other one and shrugged. Then both let out a sigh. The one by the mare looked to her, the other looked back at the two ponies.

"Look we really don't have time for this. The law states that if a civilian can't pay, they are subject to either judicial or nonjudicial punishment. We gave this mare enough time already. Do you know her? Are you family or something?" The griffon was being rather civil. The scares on his face and arms suggested he was a seasoned soldier, and his ranking was First Sargent in the army.

The other guard looked rather fresh. He tapped his paw impatiently on the ground, crossing his arms.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

Double grimaced as he heard the griffon's responses. Yes it was the 'law' of this new Equestria, but what did that matter? They were going to get their ill gotten gains in the end. "Does it matter that whether or not I know her? Listen just take my money and leave her be. Its more than you would get if you just took her away. Aren't you griffons about being honorable and sacrificing for the better of others? Well thats what I'm trying to do for her!"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 am

Quicksilver thought fast. 'If I say she's a relative, I can probably do something more to help; would have been easier if that stupid stallion wasn't honest, though. Actually, though, I can work with what he said...'
"Thank you for that. I really appreciate you wanting to help my cousin, even without knowing her." Lowering his voice so the griffons wouldn't hear him, he quickly says, "Are you kidding me? We're going to have a chat about your ideas of 'honor' and griffons."
Turning to the griffons, he says, "Yeah, she's family. So... how much do you need to at least postpone this abduction? Then we can gather the rest of the money and pay off the rest later. Fair?"
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Both griffons smirked at the mention of honor and sacrifice. The Sargent was about to say something to him when the other pony chimed in.

"So you are family, eh?" The guard looked skeptical at them both. He sighed and looked down while shaking his head. The griffon behind him shifted his weight to the other paw, tapping louder.

"Alright look, we'll take what you have now. You have until curfew to bring us the rest or we take her in for processing." The griffon looked both ponies in the eyes to see if this deal would work for them. "That's the best deal you are going to make right now."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Double glared at the two griffons, anger in his eyes. He hated having to spout that type of crap towards them. Especially since it didn't seem to help in the least. Thank the Sisters that over pony had arrived. But till curfew? That hopefully was enough time. "Fine, curfew it is then, we'll meet you here on," the unicorn paused as he noted where they were. "the intersection of 5th ave, and 135th." Handing over the bits he had, to the griffons, Edge turned to the other pony. "Alright, lets go get your, cousins money."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Quicksilver nodded, putting on a calm face while internally he stressed, not having the remaining funds himself... yet.
"Yeah. I'll go get it, no problem." To the unicorn, he says, "You minding helping me with this? In case there's unforeseen problems."
'Plus, I want to have that little chat about his ideas of 'honor'.'
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Once the trio had moved far enough from the pair of griffon's Double turned his attention to the pegasus that had helped him. "When envoys are sent with compliments in their mouths, it is a sign that the enemy wishes for a truce.” Quoting a passage from a book his father had made him read. "Trust me I wanted to gag on every syllable I uttered that crap to those griffons, but fighting in that instance was not necessary. He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." quoting yet another passage from the book. "The fact of the matter is now we got time. I can get use about eight more bits from where I live. What about you?...I'm sorry I don't think I ever learned your name, or introduced myself. The name's Double Edge, and you?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:19 am

'He's not as stupid as I thought he was... maybe. Now, to lie about my name or be honest?'
"My name is... Quicksilver. And you, Mr. Edge, need to learn a few things about your ideas of honor and griffons... later, though. Since I'd rather not have ponies know where I keep my money... I don't suppose you mind if we split up now, grab some money each, and meet back here later?"
Quicksilver worried slightly; if the unicorn was keeping an eye on him, he'd never gather the money. His means of funding being less than legitimate, he didn't very much want any witnesses.
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:29 am

"Nice to meet you Quicksilver, though like I said before, griffons and honor. Normally I would never utter those two words in the same sentence, but if its for the betterment of another in need, I'm willing to swallow my pride." Looking to the temporarily rescued pony, Double Edge rested a hoof on her shoulder, " now please if you could find someplace you know you'll be safe for now, Quick and I will take care of this. You don't need to worry."

"I can certainly see your point in wanting to split up, get the allotted twice as fast, though times now are also not the safest." the unicorn began, looking back at the pegasus. He likewise didn't necessarily want this new acquaintance to know where he lived in general. "Sure, you meet me back here in lets say thirty minutes, we pool together the amount we get and save this nice mare from her unfortunate circumstance. Fair enough for you?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Quicksilver nods. "Fair enough, I'll be as quick as possible."
Immediately turning to walk the other way, he thought, 'Half an hour to get some money and meet back here? Piece of cake. Thank goodness for wings and axes.' He then proceeds to take flight.
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Watching the pegasus take flight, Double Edge turned to the unicorn. "Do you have a place you can hide or stay at safely for the time being?" Double didn't like the idea of having this unicorn wandering alone in the open. She was after all technically wanted by the griffons. Who knows, more than likely the two guards were probably somewhere around here. Waiting. But if that was the case how was he supposed to watch the mare and get what he needed from Undermarket? Ugh this entire situation pissed him off, but he could be mad about it later. Right now here were more pressing things on hoof. "Actually what is your name?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Civilian Ponies Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:40 pm

The pony was still trembling, looking in the direction the griffons left and then down to the ground frantically. She finally looked at the black unicorn before her. "Ma-M-Ma-My name is-s S-Stamera," her body was shaking uncontrollably. Her back fully up against the wall, she looked at the unicorn with weariness and fright. It is unusual for others to take interest in ones misfortune.
Civilian Ponies
Civilian Ponies
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:19 am

Resting a hoof on the mare's shoulder, Double tried his best to calm the poor unicorn down. "Stamera, please don't be afraid, You'll be alright. Please though if there is any place you know where we can stay for the day, and If you'll please show me where it is. That way I can get you once I get the rest of my money."

As much as he wanted to do, Double couldn't bring Stamera into Undermarket, it was too much of a well kept secret, and he had no idea about this pony. If she was a loose end, that could compromise absolutely everything. Looking up to the sky, the charcoal unicorn checked to see if the griffons were following. Even though the skies seemed...relatively clear, he still didn't like it. Those griffons were to complacent.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Quicksilver Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

((Quicksilver is returning from this thread.))
After some time, Quicksilver flew back to where he'd last seen Double and the mare. 'I don't think I ever caught her name.'
After making his landing, he looked around for Double and the mare, while counting out the bits he'd 'earned'.
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down