MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration

+3
Jury Rigged
Steel Strike
Tisis Antony
7 posters

Go down

The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration Empty The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration

Post by Tisis Antony Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Welcome to the MLP: GK Fanfiction Collab thread. This thread exists to discuss and collaborate about our collective interests in making a body of fanfiction surrounding the lore of the Manehatten setting. The interest this idea has generated has lead me to make a general thread to organize it.

Let's avoid taking this to chat as much as possible. We all need the posts and chat can stand to be decluttered right now.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration Empty Re: The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration

Post by Steel Strike Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Im in.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration Empty Re: The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration

Post by Jury Rigged Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

i would be honored to be a part of this idea
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Train engineer

Back to top Go down

The Griffin Kingdoms Fanfiction Collaboration Empty Re: Collaberation

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm

I feel that certain details must be discussed. Who is into this idea. I nominate myself. I can flash write and such, but am also an innovator. One possibility is a World War Z style where it is simply a collab of different writers creating different medias, whether articles, journals, reports, or interviews. Some things must wait however, until lore is posted. Unless this becomes part of the lore....

Otherwise, we have to discuss, who wins, if anyone.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm

I rather like Onyx's idea about making this a mish-mash of clippings, stories etc from the backstory. 'Course, just writing stories would be fine.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 pm

I agree. The general consensus here seems to be building around the conclusion that we will stick to side-stories clippings and miscellaniea, that will coalesce to provide a sort of canon-supplement, and who's canon would be apart of but not directly touching any of the canon amongst the site's.

We should explore the ideas of seperate settings as well, since we are no longer confined to manehatten.
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 am

However, I feel that some characters (users) should at least be implicitly mentioned. I would like the separate settings, as I could write about a couple, namely the crystal caverns. However, should it all be one genre, because the crystal caverns would be a bit of horror. Otherwise we could do things like the battles for other cities and such.

After all, how would people feel if all of the OCs generated don't appear in the story? While the story should not revolve around the users, there should be some mention. Since there will be no real protagonist if we do the whole WWZ thing, it would make it possible for there to be multiple character appearances since they will only appear once or twice.

However, it would appear that the length of "clippings" should vary. However, we should not make all of them super long or super short. A good mix between the two is what we are looking for.

So, should we agree that the story leads up to the "present" so to speak? If so, how long should this be? I would say at least 20k words. Otherwise the sky is the limit.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm

If we include OC's than it should be for relevant reasons, and with the permissions of the authors. I'd like to avoid pure fanservice plugs, since it might make the story rather disjointed.

At any rate, lets wait for the final canon before running into more detailed plans. I want to know what kind of final material we're gonna end up working with.
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Like I said, it would mostly be implicit references, like the OC's who we use will at least mention a character or 7. The users won't be the actual storytellers, more like, they will be talked about like Oh, I heard about this one... who... but there wasn't much else to say about it.

I agree that finding out what the final lore is is rather important.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:31 pm

We're hoping to cement the lore this week, near the end of it. Winter is out for a bit due to no internet so can't approve it xD
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 am

Oh most joyous of days! I shall finish my current project and send the lore to flec! Soon, we can organize how to commence our grand project (if one was to assume that this project is indeed grand)
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Its been a long time coming by I realize we really need something like this right now. So consider this project initiated.

From the looks of it, we might be able to get maybe four people writing for this. And right now, I think we should just stretch ourselves, get an idea of what we all can do for this setting.

So for now assignments. I'm going to write something for GK, and I want anyone interested to do the same. We'll work up some sort of small collection at first, and then let the it grow from there. Thoughts?
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 pm

I had a short story about a naval engagement in Equestria I was writing for a while.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I got something on the Battle of Stalliongrad, if it's so needed.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Huzzah! Go with it. My idea-pan has been runnin' low lately so I need to put in extra effort to think of something.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Alright, what do I do with it?
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down