MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meating Hall (open- ask)

3 posters

Go down

Meating Hall (open- ask) Empty Meating Hall (open- ask)

Post by Thorin Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Thorin sat at the end of one of the great wooden tables that made up the soldiers mess hall. Originally a meeting room, some enterprising Griffon had modified the sign in shaky handwriting to read "Meating hall". The room was almost empty at this hour and was lit by the half light of a cloudy day from the windows against the wall.

Thorins customary white mask and vest had been replaced by a steel breastplate with white painted pauldrons, and a bucket helmet with a red cross painted upon it. In his hand he held a small flask that read "Medical Alcohol".
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning to Guerilla
Profession: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Meating Hall (open- ask) Empty Re: Meating Hall (open- ask)

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 am

Sten strolled into the mess hall. He looked up briefly and... well, it wasn't on form to laugh at your own jokes, but he smiled at the pun anyway. You got your fun where you could in this town.

At this hour, the mess was deserted. A nice place to go a linger (and Sten could linger like a bad cold when he wanted). Leastways, when there wasn't an alcoholic medic on deck. Sten decided to drop the lingering and go straight into goading.

"Alright, sawbones," he said, smiling, fully aware that no one outside of naval adventures called anyone 'sawbones'. "Long day? This isn't the overspill ward is it?"
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:10 am

Thorin looks up, and gives a weak half-smile to Sten.

'Not exactly, no. Just the only place where my new commander will not find and flay me for drinking the supplies. It has been a long couple of weeks though'

He takes a swig from the bottle and shudders.

'By the gods, this stuff tastes like paint stripper. Probably is though'

He offers the bottle to Sten.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 am

Kira had been not long in this city she had heard the ponies call Manehattan, it was actually a quite stupid name really but ponies was strange. The gryphoness had to pulled her ship into harbour not that long ago a as it needed to get not only repairs but also resupply. So not did she instead try to enjoy or actually get used to solid ground under her talons.

She had been directed to the mess hall but some random gryphon saying she could get something to eat there. When she entered to hall she gave a small smirk, it was not what she had expected but still she was a gryphoness of higher class so she did expect a lot at times.

With a sigh she saw the two gryphon's as she walked over to them but stayed a distance way from them before she stopped. There was not other gryphon here of note so they would have to do for now, still she had to learn to not judge before getting to know the persons.
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Zeppelin Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 am

Sten recoiled in mock-horror as Thorin offered the flask.

"Paint stripper? At lunchtime?"

Which wasn't to say he didn't take it and have a swig almost immediately. As he said, you took it where you found it. He swilled it around his mouth, like some wine connoiseur and swallowed without wincing. Hm, not bad, for paint stripper.

He was just savouring the complex bouquet (strawberries, wheatgrass, road tar), when a familiar... idea walked in. He'd seen it before, in the streets of Wingchester, stepping out of carriages pulled by Equestrian servants. Seen them waited on hand and foot in the old theatre. It was that most parasitic and vile form of life imaginable, and it had just walked into his mess.

Aristocrat.

And she was heading his way.

Sten pushed the flask back to the medic and leaned back on the table, looking as insouciant as he could. He considered wolf-whistling. Maybe not now, but an idea worth shelving for later, perhaps...
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 am

Kira raised an eyebrow at the two before she proceeded to move around the table where the two gryphons sat and did sat down her self opposite to the two and gave them a small friendly smile. It was maybe good to give a positive first impression to these gryphon as not only would she possible see more of them, but it would also be good to get to know someone who knew more about the city.

The gryphoness looked at the bottle as it got pushed back over to the masked gryphon. "So it this what gryphons do in their free time here, drinking..." She took a quick look at the bottle again and gave a small shiver. "medical alcohol that is clearly for other use then drinking."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 am

Thorin puts the flask down on the table and shrugs.

'Not much else to do in Manehattan these days. It was the city of Broadhay, but now you are lucky to find a single busker. They are all terrified of us, of the occupation, everything'

He runs his talons though the feathers atop his head.

'I tried my damndest to make thing better, but now I am part of the damned problem'

Thorin takes another swig from the bottle.

'Aren't I a ray of sunshine on this gloomy day. I am Thorin Shreikwind of Port Brokenclaw, combat medic to the Guerellas 5th flight. Pleased to make your aquiantance'

Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 am

Kira bowed her head as she had learned so long ago by her parents during her youth. "Kira, third daughter of Spotted Feather clan of house Halden Duchy and proud captain of the Zeppelin Gersemi." The gryphoness did only look up at the two after she had finished her introduction.

"And what do you mean they are terrified, I know we are a victories army that have taken their land but they should not have to be afraid." With these words it was clear that she had not been around or in equestrian during long periods of time, or that she had never interacted with ponies other then the once loyal to the Kingdoms.
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Sten grinned at the lady like a split orange. Spotted Claw? The very bluest of the blue. They were the belles of balls they'd never been to, by all accounts. And, it was said, so inbred they had webbed talons. And she was sheltered, too! Wasn't this just too good to be true, eh? Mind you, most kids just wanted a dog for their birthday. Only Spotted Claw kids got a zeppelin.

What? You didn't grow up under the oppressive reign of petty aristos without learning something about who aforesaid aristos looked up to.

"We're an occupying army," he said, one eyebrow up. "Maybe you weren't there on the ground when we won, but occupiers tend to take liberties. The only thing worse than a loss is a victory."

Then, absent mindedly, he managed to interrupt himself. "Oh, I'm Sten Softclaw, of the late 27th Wingchester Regiment of Talon, if we're giving names."

He tugged a forelock and inclined his head down half an inch. No bloody bowing and scraping for him, though. Not in his own mess hall.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Frowned at Sten, he was or had clearly been a solider during the war and had clearly seen what it had brought to the ponies. Still he acted with badly hidden disrespect and only showed some respect to tradition. "No I was not there..." She said with a sigh. "And I have my reasons why I was not there. I got wounded in battle and was forced to be taken out of the war and had stay in the homeland for the rest of my time there."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Thorin looks Kira up and down.

'By the looks of things you got a pony doctor at least. I cannot see a mark on you. Some of the Griffons that go to our doctors end up being worse off in the end'

He corks the flask and leaves it on the table.

'Not really surprising that you did not know about the goings on here. The Tsar keeps a tight rein on what goes in and out of the Equestrian Province, eespecially with the new unrest'

He chuckles.

'I say new, the unrest has been there since day one. The ponies are still fighting despite the horrible things that happen to them in the hope that their god-queens will return or some such tripe'

Last edited by Thorin Shriekwind on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Sten's claw crept towards the abandoned flask. Waste not want not, was the holy writ.

"Well, at least they've got something to fight for," he said, looking from Thorin to the newcomer. "What have we got as our holy cause?"
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:24 am

Kira giggles a little as she smiled.

"Yeah you are probably right, Thorin was it? The Tsar like to keep quiet when things go bad for the Kingdoms in anyway." She relaxed some where she was sitting and looked around the mess hall.

"Well at least it looks likes you troops seem to have it some what good, despite all this unrest you are talking about." She suddenly faceclawed and let out a long sigh.

"AAH! Why am I so stupid! I was suppose to talk to an officer about me bringing in some supplies to the garrison here."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Thorin looks incredulous.

'Good? You think we have it good? Manehattan has the highest casualty rate of any occupied city in Equestria! We lose dozens each week to the ponies and only a few ever survive their entire tour of duty, and you think we have it good?!'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Sten looked to Thorin.

"Easy up," he said, a little taken aback. "Maybe you see the worst of it, is all. Being in the medical corps and all. Seems peaceful enough out in the streets."

Admittedly, he hadn't exactly been out much recently. Maybe things got back suddenly. But even then, it wasn't like the HQ was besieged by a pitchfork wielding mob.

(((I get the sense we're having about three different conversations here)))
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 pm

"You are a doctor?" Kira said as she looked to Thorin and gave him a smile, it was true what he said that gryphon doctors was not know for their... fineness but after her injury she did always have respect for any kind of doctor no matter what species they were.

"And take it easy, it was a joke." She said as she held up her talons in front of her. She did not actually joke but this was the best way she could come up with in this short moment.
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 am

'I am... sorry. I should not have shouted...'

Thorin looks down at the table, ashamed.

'I see every casualty, see them die more often than not. I came here to help the ponies, but now I just make soldiers comfortable and hope they get better'

He looks around for his flask of precious alcohol.

'Where the hell did I put it?...'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 am

Sten sloshed the flask side to side in one claw, smiling at Thorin.

"I thought you wouldn't miss it," he said, with a shrug.

He took a swig and coughed. He held it out for Thorin (because he wasn't completely heartless.

"Anyway, what matters is you're still here, fixing blokes. Y'can't do better than your best."

Best keep a lid on it. Sten wasn't a psychologist, but he knew griffons weren't all that great around blood and violence. Took everyone in different ways, and Thorin didn't seem to be taking it too well at all.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Kira sighed again. She had not idea what was with these gryphon's maybe the ponies did put up so much resistance or that the gryphons was to hard on the occupants of this land, or maybe it is a little of both.

"Why do you keep drinking that stuff? It is not good for you to drink that stuff."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 am

Thorin takes the flask and drinks a mouthful.

'I know, I am a doctor'

He chuckles to himself.

'This is really shit'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 am

Sten gasped, holding a claw to his chest.

"Thorin! Just think of the poor starving children just down the road who'd just love some high-quality industrial solvent like that!"

Sten, for one. Ninety per cent of the bars here were pony-only, and the rest were full of drunken losers. So really he should've fit right in...
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am

The gryphoness shook her head and smiled while she was laughing at Sten's reaction. These gryphon's really need something to take their mind of what was going on in the city and all this about the ponies. Kira stood up and slammed her claws in to the table leaving small marks after her talons.

"No you know what I think I have some good Qui back on my ship, only because she is grounded for now do that no mean that I can still use some of the benefits that come with being a captain."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:29 am

Thorin perks up.

'You mean you have good alcohol? That can be drunk? With snacks?'

Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 am

Sten leaned in, eyebrows raised. Food? Drink? From an aristo?

"But my dear," he said, with a grin. "Do go on!"

He might have despised her on political grounds, but drink was drink and food was food. Who knew? He might end up knowing the right griffon...
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am

Kira could only laugh at the two gryphons, this was just to fun to see them react this way when she had said she had food and drink for them. Maybe it was not so good to bring these gryphons to what have been her home for so long, but that thought never even passed her mind she just tired to be friendly. She got up and gave them a wave with her wing to follow her.

"So..." Did she say as we walked out of the mess hall and heading for where her Zeppelin was anchored. "Why do you just leave and head back to the homeland if you don't like this place. I mean the war is over and won they would not need any more solider."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am

Thorin stands from his chair, places his helmet on his head (backwards) and follows Kira, staggering slightly.

'We are an occupying force, glorified town watch to keep the ponies under control. I got conscripted because one of the Guerella officers noticed me around the base. He came up to me and told me that I would fight for the glory of the Tsar'

Thorin sighs like a smitten lover.

'You just cant say no to words like those... because they execute you if you do'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 am

Sten walked with them out.

"You're telling me," he said to Thorin. "You should've seen what it was like in the Courts. Join for your tsar, join for your country, join the army for every damn reason."

He paused. "Of course, I'da still joined even if I had known it was a scam. I wasn't gonna be left behind now."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Kira had no idea that the conscriptions process of the gryphon military could be so hard, she her self had been part of it but maybe she managed to get around most of it because of her family name and what they really wanted her to do. "Well just try to do the best of this situation you are in, and you do at least meet interesting people."

It was not long until they arrived at the airship landing area that had been set up for revising supplies from transport Zeppelins. "There it is." Did Kira finally say as she pointed a hoof at a large Zeppelin that was anchored while a few gryphons where unloading creates from the hull of the vessel. "My home in the skies."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Thorin looks up at the airship and gives an appreciative "ooooo" sound.

He had never been on an airship before, having flown into Equestria of his own accord.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

"I've seen better," said Sten, shrugging noncommitally, but his eyes betrayed his regard.

The last airship he'd been involved with had ended up a smoking ruin with added plummet. Plus, it'd been hulking great military ships. This, on the other hand, looked like a proper vessel for a griffon of wealth and taste. All fine varnish and polished brass. The sort of thing you saw the nobs cavorting in over Wingchester. Make no mistake, he'd landed on his feet this time.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 pm

"Yeah it is not much but she is home." Kira said as she walked over to the ramp giving a small nod to the gryphons that was taking care of the cargo. She lead the two gryphons though the inner corridors of the ship until they came up on a small cabin, the a very small cabin but it was somewhat small still it did have room for the three gryphons at the same time.

"Just one moment." She walked over to a cabin and started to look though it looking at several empty bottle with a small frown before she let out an 'aha' as she pulled out the bottle of Qui she had said about. "Here it is." She said as she cleared a table quickly and placed down three mugs that she poured up some of the strong liquid in to each of the gryphons.
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Thorin seats himself and takes one of the mugs. He stops himself before he takes a drink.

'Should we do a toast?'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Sten sat with them, taking a mug and nodding his head to her ladyship. It wasn't deferential, he told himself. Just gratitude.

"A toast?" he said, leaning back. "Sounds like a plan. Know any good ones?"

Sten was already racking his brains for toasts. To the victorious dead? Well, it wasn't much of a victory. To the glorious liberators? Ehh, not all that much liberty knocking around. Or glory, when you got down to it. What was the one that went "...something something and the season of mists"?
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:38 am

Kira took her mud and bowed her head a little to Sten when she saw him nod to her. She stood up and held her mug with the strong liquid inside it high, she thought for a moment what to toast to. She could take the usual things like the tsar or to gory.

"A toast to..." She finally said as she looked around her small cabin, it was not much a home for her but it was home. "... Better times for you all."
Kira
Kira
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 am

Thorin lifts his mug.

'To better times'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 am

Sten raised his mug, smiling approvingly.

"May they come soon and never go."
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down