MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk of Escape (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

Talk of Escape (Dated) Empty Talk of Escape (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 am

Nov 4, Year 4

Steel went to work on to his duties. Mega remained in his mind for the duration, but he was able to focus on the task at hand. He was able to pry the jewel from its amulet casing. He tossed the casing into a bin filled with scrap metal he intended to melt down. He took the jewel and set it aside. He took some scrap steel and placed into a furnace. He waited occasionally shoveling more coal on to keep the intensity of the heat going.

After the steel was melted down he poured the molten steel into a mould meant for making rings for a necklace. He poured a second mould for the amulet casing after funding the right mould. He let those sit and cool. After an hour they had cooled sufficiently, he took them and threw them in the furnace, which was much cooler. It made the steel malleable and he was able to roll the rings so they were more cylindrical. After he repeated the process he was able to cut then join the rings. After joining them, he put them in the furnace to fuse the cut ends back together. He left one ring open so he could attach the amulet. The particular casing he chosehad a fancy design inspired by the Griffin gods. It was often used before the war because the design flowed much better then anything relating to the Princesses. Surprisingly enough the amulet had lost style when the griffons attacked.

He was able to work the amulet delicately in. It glowed green under the suns rays, but most artificial light sources turned it red. He was able to fit the jewel in, albeit barely. It wasn't a perfect fit but it would do. He hammered the sides slightly, to make sure the jewel wouldn't shift places or fall out. He then walked up to the necklace rings' and put the amulet on the open ring. He closed the ring, making sure it was as secure as can be. He couldn't put the amulet into the furnace again otherwise the heat would crack the jewel. However picking up on a trick he learned from jewelers in his years if smithing, he placed the amulet with its flat back on top of the furnace. It would soften the steel on the back while leaving the front unharmed. After he let the steel soften, he brought it to the anvil. Steel couldn't write well by hoof, yet he hated putting magic into a project. It always seemed to lessen the value of the creation. However it was necessary for the cursive writing he was about to perform.

He thought back to what the customer Shady had ordered. Something to say your special. Had Steel not been with an amazing mare that morning, he may have just written percisely what the customer asked for. However, the thought Mega made him want to do something more. He set with his carving tool, writing what came to mind.

Freyja,
This gem, like ourselves, changes with time.
Like the steel, our love endures the change.
Shady

A bit more poetic then required, but that's what made it great. He went out front which was still fairly warm from the heat of before. He laid the amulet down, in the counter. It wasn't the prettiest piece of Jewellery, but it spoke volumes to the amount of detail in it. He stood in the front, waiting to see if any customers came. A few came and went with simple requests. It was a relatively slow day, surprising for around 1 o'clock. This allowed his mind to wonder to think of his newfound purpose. This led him to stare at his Celestia figurine. He wondered how long a Luna figurine would take...
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Talk of Escape (Dated) Empty Re: Talk of Escape (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 am

A gray and purple form quickly snuck through the blocks of the downtown area, the mare the colors belonged to trying her best to stay out of sight despite the sounds of her hooves on the concrete. Mega slowly peeked up from behind a highly dented trash can to make sure no griffons had spotted her in her short moment of being out in the open. The area was mostly quiet, but that only made her more fearful of her surroundings. At least when it was busy she had other ponies to blend in with.

She took a deep breath before making her quick movement from behind the cans to her next hiding place, an ear perking up as the sound of slight hammering rang up from the shop which acted as her destination. Slowly fallowing her pattern of run and hide, she managed to approach the shop with safety, forced to stay in place more than once as a poorly-timed griffon passed by without spotting her.

Finally, she was at the door of the shop labeled "Steel Strike's Smith", the sound of hammering from within already finished. A happy smile slowly crept onto her face. This wasn't a personal or even business visit, but having the chance to see the pony who filled her thoughts so much was enough to give her joy. She quickly stepped inside and gently closed the door behind her.

"Good afternoon, Steelie." Was all she said once inside, giving the smith a smile.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 am

Steel smiled at the mare as she entered. He hadn't imagined he'd see her so soon, after there last meeting. "Why hello there Megs. What brings you to my low and humble Smith?" He asked in a playful tone. He was genuinely curious as to why she was there. He was expecting some time to pass before he saw her again. Not that he didn't mind seeing her again so soon. Though her appearance was slightly worrying to Steel he preferred some Mega to no Mega.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:21 am

Mega curiously blinked her eyes a few times while staring at Steel, tilting her head ever so slightly to the side. "Your shop isn't low, mine is! Mine's underground, that's really low." She said with a giggle while returning to her previous position. Trotting a bit farther inside as to not block the doorway for any customers, she moved up to the counter and smiled. "I missed you. And I have something neat to share!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 am

"I missed you too." He said hooping her nose. "Whatcha got for me?" He asked eager. He was excited to learn what thing had been important enough to warrant his involvement.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 am

Mega crossed her eyes a bit while watching the hoof boop her nose, the action getting another giggle from the mare. Shaking it off rather quickly, she got to what was important. Placing her hooves up on the counter in a slightly eager fashion, she leaned forward a bit.

"Well, I was traveling through the Undermarket, a hidden place the meanie griffons don't know about, to sell some of my extra inventions that are making my shop all cluttery... you know, I need some help organizing all of my stuff, do you think you could visit some time and help me?" She asked, getting sidetracked from the real reason why she had come to visit Steel without realizing it.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 am

Steel shook his head realizing she had gotten off track. She could be a bit eccentric, that was for sure. However, she was his eccentric mare. And he wouldn't want it any other way. "Sure I can. How about we talk about this important news first?~" he asked hoping to steer the direction back towards the origional news.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

Mega blinked her eyes a few times again once she realized her mistake, smiling and booping Steel's nose in return. "That's right, I almost forgot." She stated, putting her hoof back on the counter afterwords. "Anyway, I was in the Undermarket selling some things when I heard about an execution that will be happening tomorrow! There's apparently a family of zebras and two ponies that have been caught and they're going to kill them for being or supporting the rebels! I've decided that I want to help the group that will be helping them escape... and wanted to know if you'd want to help too."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am

Steel looked at Mega with a curious look. He hadn't exactly expected to be roped into rebel business this quickly. However the scene at the apartment replayed itself in his mind. He gave a serious look to Mega and whispered "I'm in."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 am

Mega's happy expression only grew happier when the news of Steel agreeing to come along only made her happier. She reached over the counter and gave the smith a hug. "We'll make sure those ponies and zebras are safe. There's a secret meeting down by the site today to get things organized, if you'd like to come."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am

"Consider me there!" He said keeping an excited voice low. "Just tell me where and when and Ill be there..." he said confidently. He gave Mega a quick Peck on the cheek. He really adored her positive outlook on life. He hoped he would get to know the mare better, because she seemed like a mare worth knowing.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 am

"We'll be in an empty building in the Industrial District, near the griffon headquarters so we can get a feel for the area and see what positions we should be in." Mega replied in a quiet voice as well, wanting to make sure no passing griffon heard. A faint rosy blush appeared on her cheeks as she received the kiss from Steel, staying composed despite it. "I have a plan, but I'll say it once we're there."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Steel nodded. They'd need a plan if they were going against griffons. There was no doubt that security should be high, so getting the prisoners out of there was top priority. "See you there then."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down