MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

+9
Steel Strike
Shady Silhouette
Mercy Heart
Sassaflash
°๖ۣۜXarith
Atriark
SangWing
Rationale
Tisis Antony
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 am

Xarith's eyes widen as he rushes up and places a hoof over Atriark's mouth. He then backs up and shushes the zebra. He didn't need more attention with his little group he had formed. Especially at a big faction meeting place like the Rebels. He was trying so hard to keep his faction neutral for the better of his own people.

"Ark," Xarith said under his breath. "Not so loud. It's not that you were doing anything wrong, but I really don't want attention driven to me." The zebra just moved his saddle bags back into position as he walked up to Ark and gave him a friendly smile. "Sooo... What are we doing again..?"
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Traveling Merchant & Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Rationale Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:11 am

Rationale kept his eyes on the stocks provided, even though his mind was on something completely else. He felt useless, like he was unable to do anything to prevent any of this. A combination of fear and rationality kept him from doing anything. But if some of the other rebels attended this execution, enough pony power could cause them to outsmart the griffins. He started to move around the area, trying to see if he could find any houses he could keep watch in. He knocked against a bolted door and then shook his head before moving to another building.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:41 am

Double Edge made his ways through the sewers that ran through Manehatten. It was the safest way to travel in his opinion, griffons rarely came down here, and though in some places it definitely smelled, all in all he was sheltered when the environments grew harsher. Coming to stop, the charcoal unicorn looked up to a nearby drain grate, seeing water streaming in, he could only assume that it was starting to rain in the world above. Heading towards it, the unicorn focused with his magic on rusting piece of metal. Gritting his teeth, he heard it begin to shift, before popping out of place. Looking up with a sigh of relief, the stallion climbed his way up and out of the sewers, before placing the grate back where it had come from.

Feeling the rhythmic tapping of the rain against his blackened fur, Double made his way through the abandoned streets. He didn't mind the rain, it cooled him off and when he needed it, it was the cleanest water he could come by. As nice the securities Undermarket provided, there were still definitely some things he missed, but if getting them meant living under the griffons constant eyes, he'd prefer going out them.

In the distant, Edge came to a stop as he saw a large standing platform in the middle of a square. He had heard talk of a execution. That was the reason he was here, if what he heard was true, then some rebel's family was in danger. If he could help them in someway. He'd be there, for now all he could do was wait. The date was tomorrow for the scheduled killing. Turning away from it, Double went back into yet another street, mapping out the area in his head. The Industrial District was a place he didn't come to very often, as such he still needed to learn the layout.

Continuing to make his way, Double felt the rain continue to increase. Looking around, he noticed a place to get out of the storm, a house, its door bashed it. Rushing inside, the unicorn placed his saddlebags, and two shortswords down, before shaking himself as dry as he could. Looking back outside the doorway, the unicorn heard yet another sound along with the rain. Perking up, the unicorn immediately stood on guard as he tried to find the source of the sound. Making his way through the house. Double came to a stop in an empty room. In the other side of the room, curled up in a ball, a grey pegasus, a discarded blanket near her. Getting closer, he recognized the sound....she was crying...."Um...hello?" Double softly called out. He didn't want to startle the pegasus.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 am

A soft voice wafted its way into her ear, causing Mega to jump ever so slightly in surprise when she had been found. Expecting to just see one of the cooks from before, the pegasus slowly turned her head and stared at Double with her bloodshot eyes for a short moment. After registering that the pony was a new face in her mind, she slowly laid her head back down on the floor.

"H-Hello..." She replied quietly, disregarding all of her things that had spilled around the room during her previous panicked moments. Covering her eyes back up with her forelegs, she simply went back to her quiet cries. "F-for a moment...you a-almost looked like somepony i-important..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 am

Double didn't know what to really how to respond about all this. "Um...I'm sorry I'm not who you wanted to see." Edge said. He didn't entire know whether or not he should say something to the pegasus or not. He didn't even know what he could say. She looked like something tragic had happened...he knew how that felt. Moving closer to the pegasus. The unicorn's horn flared as he picked up the discarded blanket, floating it over onto the pegasus. "may I sit here? I really don't want to intrude."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:45 am

Mega didn't react as the blanket fell onto her, simply doing her best to find the comfort in its warmth. Still crying, she seemed to calm down at least very slightly while under the blanket. "Go ahead... You won't bother me..." She replied quietly, keeping her face hidden. After a few moments of silence, she eventually spoke up again. "Have...have you ever...lost somepony important to you...?"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 am

Double lowered his head as the pony asked. "Yeah, yeah I have lost someone...I lost my parents during the war...watched them both die before my eyes. I tried to be a soldier, just like my dad and my mom actually." Clenching his eyes, the unicorn tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to form. "I just wanted to be like them...be a pony others could look up to..." Edge couldn't help as tears rolled down his face. He didn't enjoy remembering his lose...but he didn't want to forget them either. "Their buried. In the mass grave just outside the town. I try and visit them my sister and I. As much as I can....I miss them...so much." Why was he telling this pony all this? He didn't even know who she was. Why was he even being this trustful? He never trusted a pony this much. Except Static.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:56 am

Mega's ears perked up when she heard the reply that slowly began to unfold for her from the complete stranger. The two had never met each other before, yet he was bearing this kind of information to her without much hesitation at all. She slowly peeked her eyes out of their hiding place to look at the black unicorn she didn't even know the name of. "Th-that's...that's horrible..." She said quietly in a shaky voice. "I'm...s-so sorry..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:16 am

Double paused trying to collect his thoughts he didn't honestly know what to think now. He didn't want to think about his parents, but...."don't worry about it." the unicorn finally said, letting out a sigh. "....it was a long time ago." Looking back at the pegasus, the black unicorn tried to wipe away the tears that refused to stop. Looking at her again, Edge realized, actually didn't know who she was, and he hadn't actually introduced himself. He had been more concerned about the mare than actually introducing himself. "....I'm sorry I don't think I've actually told you my name. My name is Double Edge."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:26 am

Mega slowly lifted her glasses up a bit to wipe the tears from her eyes as the conversation combined with the company helped her slowly calm down, even if she wasn't back to anything that could be seen as a stable mental state. Taking a deep breath, she slowly sat up while keeping the blanket around her. "It's...good to meet you... My name is Megabyte Stream." She replied, pulling the blanket tighter around herself.

"A-are you a r-rebel...by chance?" She asked flatly without worrying about what asking that question to the wrong pony could do.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 am

Double looked to the mare rather surprised at her bluntness at the question. That sort of question. Didn't seem like the smartest to ask, especially to a pony she had just met. Edge could only guess that whatever had happened, she needed hope now, but answering to her could be just as deadly if she turned out to be some form of ag....no what was he thinking. The tears in her eyes...they were real. "Y...yes I am Miss Mega." There really wasn't anything more he could say.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 am

Mega glanced towards Double a bit more after she received his answer, giving him a thoughtful nod. "I am too. I only ask...because of where we are right now. You must know this place's purpose if you're here." She stated simply, starting to giggle a bit through her tears in a rather unfitting manner. "I'm surprised you couldn't guess I was after being around this mess." She stated, picking up a nearby smoke bomb that was with one of the many items scattered from her bag.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 am

"To be honest, I didn't really give it much thought." the unicorn shrugged as he watched Mega move around the room, picking up a few items from around the room. "But...yes I know of whats gonna happen here soon. But again, I just came in here to get out of the rain, then when I heard your crying. I don't know. I....didn't want to see that I guess. I don't know honestly."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 am

Mega continued her collecting of the various bombs and griffon repellants, setting each one carefully into her bag one by one. She paused as the topic of the execution was brought up, slowly turning towards Double. She gave him a blank stare for a short moment before suddenly giggling again like she had before. Taking a few steps back towards Double, she seemed to focus in on him in a way that would make most other ponies uncomfortable despite her suddenly smiling face. "You're going to help stop it, right? Because I am. And we need all of the help we can get..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:32 am

"Yes, yes I do intend on helping. I joined the rebels intending to help those in need. Ponies threatened to be executed for wanting something better in life? There is no better way to help in my opinion. My gear is in the other room. I didn't want to appear threatening." Double shrugged as he thought it over. Sure he was here to help but...a unicorn that couldn't use magIc? Not only that, it looked like Mega was much more prepared than him. "Though...I don't know how much help I can be at this point. I suck with magic and all I can really do is two spells, levitate, and another I was taught by my mom before all this....stuff...happened. You look like you're ready for a real fight." He said pointing to the various equipment she was picking up. "Looks like you'll be more use, but I'll try my best."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:55 am

Atriark smiled sheepishly at Xarith, feeling like a foal who just blurted out a secret on accident. Despite not knowing the reason behind Xarith's paranoia, the runt still would respect his wishes. And if that wish was to have Atriark not speak about whatever the insignia meant, then so be it.

"We should be heading out Xarith." Atriark looked around and began heading outside. "My parents and sister are in danger...because of me..."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 am

Xarith nodded as he flipped onto his dirtboard and rolled after his zebra friend. Pushing with his hind legs, X got a little closer to Ark. He scratched the back of his neck as he adjusted the weight of his saddle bags on his shoulders.

"Uh Ark..." Xarith said slowly twirling his collapsed spear, "What's the plan?" Xarith just smiled as he did another unnecessary flip off his board and onto the ground extending his spear and placing both items on his back again.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 am

Atriark continued down the street, getting closer and closer to the warehouse the wagon was seen going into. He had to keep a level head through this, three lives were at stake, not counting his own, nor Xarith's. "Okay...Um, we should scout out the area. Since we don't know what to expect." Atriark took a left at Jasper Street. "Why don't you see if you could get up top, onto the roof. Maybe you can find a skylight, or even some air ducts and see if you can hear anything." Atriark kept walking, five blocks left. "I'll see about getting high enough up to see into any windows."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 pm

If a pony were to look into the warehouse, there would be nothing directly visible. The Griffin in the rafters was tucked far out of sight of any down-looking creature. The gaurd posted out front, however, would be immediately visible to any passerby's.

The torture scene was veiled by a large curtain drawn over that segment of the room, but to any pony with ears the idea of what was transpiring would become obvious.

The Praetor sighed, and resumed his work. "Well, here's a question- are you aware that your son is a rebel?"

He grabbed a metal saw, and flexed its blade dramatically.

The October rains descended upon the city of Manehatten, blanketing the city in darkness. The sun had begun to set, and lights had been stationed around the execution platform. Glaring orbs of light shone down upon the wooden stage, and griffin guards saw too it that noone tampered with the platform.

If any ponies wished to tamper with the platform, they'd need to to do so whilst the guards were either away, or ensure that they weren't seen...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Mega kept her eyes on Double for a moment longer before going back to her collecting of her fallen items. Shaking her head, she gave a slight sigh. "I don't like to fight... I make weapons, but those are for others to use. All of these things are made to impair or slow down the griffons. I'll be up on a roof simply tossing them down while others do the work." She replied, simply setting her rump down on the floor next to her last item after putting it away. "If we're lucky, a fight is something that might not even happen."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

"One can certainly hope that fighting won't happen." the thought hadn't really occurred to the unicorn. This was a public execution after all and of Ark's family. More than likely the griffons would have it heavily guarded, so everything went without a hitch. "I'm gonna plan for the worst however. If things go our way and a blade doesn't have to be drawn, that will be wonderful...but still." Looking over to her, the unicorn couldn't help but be interested in what the pegasus had said, "slow down and impair? Like how exactly?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Mega looked over at Double while pushing her glasses back into place with her hoof. A faint grin appeared on the mare's lips, however it didn't seem to be one of any sort of happiness. "Well, you see Double." She stated simply, using a wing to open up her bag before rummaging through it. Placing two rounded objects with short fuses attached and one more cylindrical object down, she looked back up at the unicorn.

"Flashbang bombs to stun or confuse, smoke bombs to blind and my master work, the griffon repellent. Able to drop a full grown griffon in an instant with sound." She explained, her grin slowly growing while she spoke of her inventions' abilities.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Double looked at the three items in rather disbelief. These tiny things? More importantly was this griffon repellant, it sounded fantastic and to be honest a great advantage for their front against the griffons. "So it works by sound? And its able to take down a full grown griffon? Thats, well thats amazing. How did you come up with something like that, more importantly how does it work?" Edge didn't even want to touch the thing if it went off and any nearby griffons heard it and weren't brought down. Things could certainly get....interesting.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Mega smiled and quickly packed away the items again to make sure they were safe. "Well, everypony knows that a griffon's hearing is more sensitive than ours, so I just began thinking up something that worked with sound." She stated simply. "As for how it works... There's a small, thin piece of slate inside with a small nail resting on it. The nail is attached to a coiled spring and held in place. When twisted, the small bit keeping the spring coiled is broken away, letting the nail scrape against the slate. The nail is perfectly sharpened to make just the right tone."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Rationale moved out from the house that he was hiding in and he let out a sigh of relief as he noticed that there was a significant lack of guards there. He looked left and then right, making sure that his guess was correct. He surveyed the platform from afar, trying to remember some of the engineering knowledge that he read in a previous book. However, since it was so long ago, it was hard to completely remember. He looked around for some spare wood or rope and moved into a house to make sure that he found the correct amount. He fashioned a net out of the rope, and then struggled to make it temporarily invisible. He felt a migraine attacking his head as he managed to make the spell last a certain amount of time, before he looked back at the guards. He levitated the invisible net above the platform, before tying it to the top so that it would incapacitate the guards if they walked underneath it. Letting out a sigh of relief, he fell onto his haunches outside the building, as he looked to the guards and smirked.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

"Thats, well thats brilliant." Double Edge said again. Using one's strength against them. Double's dad had talked of it, making sure that Double understood that one's physical or mental strength did not mean they would win. That those factors could easily be turned on them in the heat of battle. As a colt these lessons had been pounded into him. Some times literally. However thinking of attacking the griffon's ears, along with his mirror form, these two could easily make a powerful combination. "How many of these repellants do you have?" the unicorn asked, thoroughly interested.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:24 pm

"Why thank you, Mister Double." Mega replied with a smile as she looked back at the unicorn. She hummed to herself while tapping a hoof to her chin, left ear twitching slightly while she fell into deep thought. "I have five on me, and about eight more back in my workshop. The small parts to make them are hard to find, so I can't stockpile too many at once."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35 pm

"No, no a stockpile wouldn't be necessary." Double thought out loud as he tired to formulate how it would work in his head. These devices were small enough that could easily be jostled and maybe break when in his saddlebags, especially since they covered his blades and would constantly bump into it. No...but if he had some form of bandelier or something similar. It would be some he could definitely use to his advantage, getting rid of two of the griffon's senses. "Mega, I can understand if this request seems rather big but would it at all be possible if at some point I could pick up a few of these repellents?" First he would need to actually find a bandelier, though that shouldn't be to hard where he lived.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Mega blinked, giggling slightly to herself at the request. "Of course you can buy some, Mister Double. I'd sell you some of the ones I have on me right now, but I need those for tomorrow." She replied simply. "But, you can come to my workshop after that, or any day you're available. It's in the pale red house in the East Residential District. Just stomp on the floor and I'll hear you."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Xarith nodded as he flipped his dirtboard off his back and onto the pavement. He turned towards Atriark and skated in front of him as he spoke quickly.

"Alrighty then, I'll be around. Say somethin' if you need somethin'," Xarith said with a smile as he turned his board around and sped down the street. He shifted the weight of his bags as he leaned around a corner and into an alley. Powersliding like he normally did, X hopped of his board and looked up at the building in front of him. Ark needed him to get in a good place for recon, so naturally that meant he was going to need a good view of the place. Looking to his right, the zebra spotted a large empty dumpster.

"Huh..." Xarith said quietly to himself. "I think I can make this work." Xarith took off his saddle bags and quickly threw them into the dumpster planning to come back for them later. He took note of his surroundings as he secured his dirtboard and spear to his back. He saw a fire escape just out of his reach a ways away from the dumpster. This gave Xarith one of his weird ideas as he mapped out his plans in his head. Once he had a good picture of the place in mind, the zebra backed up a bit and jumped onto the dumpster. He used his momentum from their to flip himself onto the fire escape barely grabbing the railing with his hooves and flipping himself onto it.

Xarith took a deep breath as he checked his belongings. It had been some times since his free running days, and the zebra was a little more than rusty at the moment. That all was going to have to change is Xarith wanted to help his friend out.

Steeling himself, Xarith scaled the large metal stairs in one fluid motion before finally reaching the top.

"Damn," Xarith muttered to himself as he took a moment to catch his breath, "I must be outta practice..." Nevertheless, he trotted across the rooftops keeping an eye on Ark and anything else of interest. It was time to bring back some of the things he learned in his youth.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 am

(((Supplemental post, as requested by Atriark)))

The warehouse was situated in the seedier industrial district of Manehatten, and sorrounded on all sides by factories and squat office buildings. It was off of the main road, only reachable by navigating two alleyways in sequence.

The area in front of the warehouse was an empty workyard, fenced in on all three sides by an eight foot tall fence with barbed wire spooled around its top. One of the griffin guards reclined against the warehouse itself, whilst standing in said workyard.

An open path led up to the entrance area, about six yards across, and visible to the guard Griffin taking post. On either side of that path, squat, metallic warehouses rose, providing approaches from that angle, provided you didn't reveal yourself.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 am

"No..." Ijadi muttered. "I haven't spoken to him since he left... None of us have."

"Shani," Amadia said, weakly. "Are you alright baby?"

"Yes mom..." Shani whimpered. The young zebra mare kept her eyes closed and head down, tears falling slowly.

Ijadi glared at the gryphon. "We didn't know he was a rebel. He didn't tell us anything about anything involving Manahattan."

-------

Atriark trudged through the streets on his way to where he was told the warehouse was. The rain pounded the zebra runt's back as the sun fell. A minute after Xarith and Atriark departed, the small stallion found his to the street the warehouse was on. Cautiously, the zebra doctor leaned his head around the corner to peak out and saw a lone gryphon standing guard. He scouted out the area, getting a good look a the warehouse before cursing softly at the stars, Atriark slid back behind the wall. Now, he had to wait for Xarith to return.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 am

Xarith made sure to triple check his movements as he followed Ark closely. He didn't spot much up on the roof tops, just some griffons here and there, but none that were particularly worrying to him. Turning his attention back to Ark on the streets, the zebra noticed Atriark swinging into another street. Xarith also saw what they were looking for in the distance as the rain pounded on him.

He quickly flipped his dirtboard onto the roof and jumped off the building to a one a bit lower and closer nearby. He did this until he was a on the streets speeding towards Ark. Giving himself extra room to slide to a stop just behind his zebra friend. "I'm here Ark... Nothing to really talk about. Seems pretty quiet for the most part..." Xarith flipped his board onto his back again and whipped out his extendable spear.

"Did you find what we are looking for?"
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am

August ran his talon over the rusty edge of the saw, plucking the individual teeth as he went. A small *ting* sound came off of it every time he did, and he repeated the motion several times. His glance slowly shifted upwards to the Zebra's again, lingering on the mother longer than the rest. He let out a haggard sigh, and grabbed a large iron caliper in his other claw.

He approached the mare, sizing her up, guessing her pain threshold. He paced past her, to the father. "It dissapoints me that you know so little. I can't imagine that zebra-kin wouldn't be in contact with their own kin every so often. I imagine you had to have received letters, or news of your son. Don't you care about the boy?"

The guards gradually left their posts, unwatched by any superiors. Once they thought they could, the slipped under the stage to escape the rain. None noticed the netting that had been hung over the platform- its placement had been secretive enough to evade their senses.

The good rebels trap would likely distract and frustrate whoever it ensnared, preventing them from giving chase. If successful, it could mean the difference between life and death for the rescuers.

The three sympathizers in the rebel house returned to find Double there, when he had not been the time before. At first they were curious, but quickly dispersed after hearing he was a rebel.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 am

Atriark was leaning against the wall when Xarith skidded to a stop. He flashed the zebra a smile, rain dripping along his face. The storm had began to pick up, the water getting steadily harder. "There's a sentry out front. I didn't see any others patrolling around, nor did I see any in the roof. But I can't see it fully, so that may be false. You think you could drop down on him from above and take him out?"

-------

Shani cringed upon hearing the ting of the saw. Amadia struggled in her restraints, while Ijadi continued to stare coldly at the gryphon.

When he spoke, his voice was flat and even. "We tried to send Atriark letters, tried to get a hold of him. We both were worried sick of him. We tried a year before we got a letter. It was simple. Said; Mom, Dad, I know you both must be worried sick. But please don't. I am fine. Manehattan has been treating me worse that I wanted. I had a clinic, but it got burned down. That's just life under birds. It's no Glitter Hoof here, but I am content. Please, stop sending letters, as this will be my last one to you guys until I return home. I pray that that will be soon, but I don't know. Tell Shani I miss her and her big brother will try to see her soon."

"I read that letter every day for a year..." Amadia admitted sadly.

"I know why he didn't want us to be in contact with him." Ijadi sneered.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Double smiled, "Thank you very much Mega. That would be wonderful." The situation for tomorrow, however still made Edge feel weird. "So how many are helping with this whole rescue? Who's organizing all this?" During this entire time as a rebel, the unicorn had seen very little in the way of organization. Sure he had heard of somepony at the top organizing all the efforts, but actually seeing this manifest...was not something he had yet to see himself. Thus far all Double had done was assist those in Undermarket, while waiting for some form of orders, he was still waiting.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Mega hummed to herself as she started thinking again, muttering some names under her breath for each pony she remembered. "I think it may be somewhere around six or seven of us. It may not be much, but if we work as a team, we'll be able to do anything!" She stated with much enthusiasm, perhaps a little too much for the situation she was in.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:39 pm

(((Addendum, as requested by Freyia/ Mercy Heart)))

The night-sounds of the city made a low murmer to those held in the improvised holding room. The room had been a stripped down old motel room, with improvised bars fashioned onto the windows. But this was no prison- just the act of a prison, to give the impression to outsiders that these mares were being held against their will.

The bars on the windows were genuine, but that was to prevent a nightime infiltration by some pony wishing to jump the gun. No, these mares were fed, watered, and given quarters fitting to two ponies who were guests to Prudentatae hospitality.

Though the room was damp with rot, the same could be said about any room that wasn't Griffin possessed since the capture of Manehatten. The beds had been stripped of their old linens and mattresses and given new, freshly manufactured Griffin Kingdoms standard issue linings.

The room wasn't luxurious, but it was no prison. The door to the hallway wasn't even closed- it had been left ajar, should one of the two ponies need to ask of something from their 'captors'.

(((I know everyone is squirrely about Atriarks departure, but I intend to get us back into the groove of things soon. Atriark and Whiteout both knew they were leaving, and I adopted both characters from the two of them, with the explicit purposes of seeing this thread completed. I am holding off as posting as the for brief while, to give Atriark the respect he deserves, and to let me acclimatize myself with the idea of taking over for him. Lets finish this in respect to a great contributor, a great person, and a great friend.)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Shady let a slight yawn escape her as she lazily laid on the ground with a book she had been give by one of the griffons to keep herself occupied until the day of her great infiltration. She hadn't broken her current ponysona since she had been 'captured', doing her best to just seem like any other pony from the streets. Glancing up at Mercy after finishing the page, the didn't give the unicorn much thought and simply looked back down at the book on the floor.

She never met this pony before, but she knew she had to be important to be captured, or at least was at some point. Not saying a word, her eyes simply moved back and forth slowly to follow the words on the pages.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Mercy took glances at the earth pony. She had made a deal with the OGI to be here right now. She wondered what this mare did to get here. Her horn glowed softly as she meditated in the corner. Preparation would be required in order to withstand that amount of creatures during the execution. Her magic was more of a curse than anything, and she wanted nothing more than to be rid of it. She did her best to give the earth pony privacy, however she could not shake the feeling that something was not right about her. Her horn would pulsate at times, her trying to avoid making a connection with the grey mare. Finally, it could not be helped, she spoke up. "What are you here for?" spoken very directly. She was not the best at manners.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Shady looked up from her book once more as the unicorn spoke to her, face empty and devoid of emotion despite the question that was being asked. She shrugged her shoulders lightly and flipped her page. "A griffon was hassling me, so a clocked him a good few times across the head. I was going to slip away after, but the goon had some backup come." She replied bluntly, voice monotone and as emotionless as her face.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

(((Addendum, as requested by Dawn Star. Since you've been so indecisive about where to start off, I'm GIVING you a location, so WORK with it.)))

The ponies, Double, Megabyte, and the three sympathizers went about their business, the two downstairs talking, and the three busying themselves with preparing for the rescue. One mare climbed the stairs of the three story apartment building, a found herself in the guest bedroom. "Dawny, it's time I think you went downstairs. We got some more rebels and I think they might need some help planning and such. Weren't you a captain or something for the Equestrians during the war?"

The mare asked these questions rhetorically, already having passed the threshold out of the room. Dawn was alone, and she would need to decide if she was going downstairs to see the two rebels.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 pm

"Thats...interesting." Mercy was now more confused. If she was taken because she assaulted one of them, then why was she here? This required further exploration. "So...why are you HERE?" A slight pause, "I would have thought that they would throw you in a more secure prison like...prison." She was not the most eloquent, nor the most socially adept pony.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Shady waved a hoof dismissively towards the other pony, face remaining unchanged despite the gesture. "I guess they realized their buddy started it or something. They just took me from my cell and told me to come here like they did with you." She replied, placing her hoof back down on the floor. "Those griffons sure are a bit dense, I'd love to know all the details too. But I don't think that's going to change, so...why did they capture you?"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 pm

"Well you see, they asked me to be a spy...that is why I am here I assume." Her horn glowed slightly, it was about time Mercy learned the truth. A small connection revealed nothing she didn't already know, but she waited to see if her comment would breed an emotional response. Even the slightest and she would be on her way to discovering what that griffon's real plan was. It couldn't just have been her, not with what he asked of her.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Shady raised a brow from the response she was given, keeping her false personality up without a problem despite her curiosity. "A spy for the griffons, eh? That sounds rather interesting... Did you take the offer?" She asked, closing her book after marking the page. This odd mare suddenly began to catch her interest.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Dawn knowing she was now alone end up going down stairs to meet the two rebels.She crept down the stair she could hear talking lots of talking on the way down the old steps "What will they think of me?" She asked herself with worry "That unicorn thought I was crazy ..but then again these pony must be crazy to be defiant against the griffons" she said reinsuring herself "I'm sure they will believe me".Dawn got to the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner to where the ponys were discussing to each other until a new pony walked in on them "Hello I'm Dawn Star I was told there was a meeting here?"

Last edited by Dawn Star on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel/Equestrian solider
Profession: War veteran solider / LT Commander of the ponys 20th Airborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:38 pm

"I wouldn't be here...in this fake cell...with these comforts...if I didn't accept it." She said this while looking suspiciously at the Grey Mare. It was obvious that she had made a deal too. If she were a real prisoner she would not be here, she would be in a cell. Mercy wondered if she too was forced to accept a raw deal. If so, they could work together to make sure that the OGI would not find them again. Strength in numbers and all.

Mercy could not believe she just thought that. She hated being around other creatures. Still it was either that or death. "What did you accept?" Again this was very blunt and direct.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Shady nodded her head slightly while listening to what the unicorn mare had to say to her, the thought of this meek pony becoming a spy amused her slightly. There was a slight silence in the room for a short moment, until something new was said: 'What did you accept?'

She hadn't prepared for this sort of question as much as other conversation possibilities, but she didn't miss a beat when coming up with her response. "Same deal as you, but I'm not even a rebel, don't know how they expect me to work for them. I'm probably just going to bail once I get free."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:59 pm

"What do you do?" She was happy that she was not the only one who was being taken like this. Something still didn't feel right, but the connection was made. Surely in time this Grey Mare would prove to be okay, and if not, Mercy would eventually find out. It never took that long.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next