MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shady Spare Time Activities (Private)

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shady Spare Time Activities (Private) Empty Shady Spare Time Activities (Private)

Post by Syron Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:14 pm

- Year -11, three years before the war -

Fifteen minutes. A rapid stream between Shade and the ruins. And a Manticore somewhere behind her. How could she have been so clumsy to wake that beast?!? It had been sleeping like a dog, but somehow it had heard the pony nearby, and was now planning on a small midnight snack. Or was simply angry that Shadowstrike had disturbed his sleep.
Anyway, she had to do something if she wanted to survive now. She had left the trees behind her, the river was flanked by a green stripe on this side, and that meant there wasn't a single hiding spot anymore. The Manticore breached the tree line, now it seemed to be fight or swim. Without any weapon, fighting wasn't really an option, and so Shade jumped, turning midair and grinningly giving her pursuer a last, mocking goodbye. Tonight you won't get me!

As was to be expected in late fall, the water was unpleasantly cold, but that wasn't something the black mare couldn't bear. A little down the river, she had seen a rock peeking through the surface, and she found it after only a short look around. Navigating in the strong current was hard, but luckily it already brought Shade almost directly to where she wanted to end up, and she only had to extend a hoof to get a secure grip. The rescue-for-the-moment was commented by an angry roar, before the beast turned around and walked away.

The rock wasn't there all randomly, here the river was relatively shallow overall, at least in the direction Shade wanted to go. She quickly found a spot where she could stand, fighting hard not to be washed away. It was exhausting, and more than once she almost lost her hoofing (( footing...)), but eventually she reached safe ground and fell into the grass.

Seven minutes. Shade searched the ruins for some time now, but was nowhere near having seen all of it. The area above ground had been done quite fast, but the catacombs turned out to be huge. Not that the unicorn had anything to complain, this was just what she had expected and wished for. The dark, winding corridors certainly were more familiar ground than a forest, where she hardly could do a step without crushing some small branchlet beneath her hooves. So far, she hadn't had any problems sneaking around the animals using these walls as home, the spare light emitting from the crystals in the ceiling was everything she needed to see.

Shade was now approaching a formerly ornate, double winged door. It may have been beautiful in the past, but time had taken its toll and now the pictures displayed on it weren't recognizable anymore. To Shade however, it said one thing: Here is what you seek. Too bad that a timberwolf from the pack she had found earlier had decided to use this place to retreat from the others. Too bad for the wolf, that is...

One minute. Why couldn't interesting, ancient doors not be easy to open for once? A puzzle was one of the more interesting variants, but time was running low, she would have to leave soon, and five minutes for opening a door were simply a waste of time! At least it was done now, and the artifact now was lying on an altar right in front of her. With that bracelet, she would be able to make herself invisible, nopony could find her anymore. Slowly Shade approached it, checking for possible traps, and laid a hoof on it.

*RIIIIIIIIIING*

As homework for next week, create a modification of the light spell. May sound trivial, but I suggest you work in teams of up to four. To get your motivation up, creative variations tend to end up in the books. Would be a good start to make your name known. Good weekend.

Most of the class seemed to take interest in the challenge, but Shade simply continued staring out of the window like she had done all the time, her head rested on her hooves, before taking her saddlebags and leaving the room.

Shade?

Or at least attempting to do so. Her usual bored look on her face, she threw a questioning glance at her classmate.
Mind if we team up? You usually have good ideas, and I am good with the theory behind magic.
Shadowstrike actually considered it for a moment, but the thought of working on a light spell wasn't very appealing to her, she was glad if she could just forget the homework this time. As she did often.
I'm busy, she answered, and left.

Sure, busy. As always, the colt, who went by the name of Nightflare, snorted sarcastically, talking to the brown unicorn who had the desk standing next to him, Scintillance. I tried to follow her once after school, but lost her after two streets. At least at being creepy she's good, I heard she disappears for several days regularly and nopony sees her.

(( I hope you like the scenario^^ ))

Last edited by Shadowstrike on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Shady Spare Time Activities (Private) Empty Re: Shady Spare Time Activities (Private)

Post by Lance Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm

"Disappears, huh? Scintillance was a curious colt, for more than one reason. The first being the obvious; his curiosity leads many of his choices. the other reason, Scintillance is downright wierd. most colts his age would settle for basic speech, but little Lance would seemingly prefer using words and sentances as if read from an advanced book, and use them in context. "So, Shadow, here's an answer I'd want to hear... busy doing what, exactly?" if her story doesn't add up, following her myself is probably the best solution anyway. And something tells me, it isn't going to add up...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Shady Spare Time Activities (Private) Empty Re: Shady Spare Time Activities (Private)

Post by Syron Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:41 am

Shade didn't stop walking, but grinned when she heard the question. Another curious pony who thinks he has to stick his snout into her private matters, but then she might as well have some fun with... Scintillance was it? If Shade remembered right, they were in the same class for two years now, but she never had had much contact with him, she hardly knew him. If he was good, that might change.
If you really want to know, do like everypony else: Try to follow me, she said, and sped up her step. They were nearing the staircase, and the stream of students now grew fast, perfect to vanish in it. Hiding in the crowd wasn't Shade's favorite way, but with daylight flooding the corridors she had no other possibilities.
Quickly there was some distance between her and Lance, and the young colt would have to pay close attention not to lose her, especially the students from the higher classes made identifying one small filly somewhat difficult. In a moment she felt unobserved by Scint, Shade jumped over the stair rail and caught herself on the one directly below. On second thought, that maybe wasn't such a good idea. Maybe Scint hadn't seen it, but surely a lot of other ponies, and now the attention was directed at her. Well, no way to change it now, at least she was now a good way ahead, that made following her hard enough.

Once outside the building, Shade turned left and into the next side street, peeking around the corner to see if her follower had already lost her.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

wha-GET OFF!

Scintillance paid no heed to the pony he was standing on, but rather he was focused on the black filly on the railing. she gave him a good chase, and hiding in the crowd was a smart move, but a streak of black stands out quite well among a rainbow of vibrant coats and manes.

the large pony finally removes scintillance from his head, and Lance finally has a glance at the school bully gripping him in a maroon telechinetic grip, five grades above and with a cutie mark well matching his name. every day, scintillance would be used as target practice; launched out the window and into the garbage dumpster outside on the street. to this day, lance is quite thankful for Hammers' aim.

Oh! h-hello, Hammer Toss! I know I know, daily routine and all but can we reschedule the window shot for some other -GAAAH!

Lances vision was blurred before feeling a familiar slush of thrown out garbage bags.
BOO YAH, PERFECT aim, EVERY time! sure are loud, aren't you, hammer? Scintillance hops out of the mess, and dusts himself off a little, with a frown on his face. NOW how am I going to keep chasing... Shadowstrike?

He froze as Shade quickly turned the corner, disregarding the small brown colt by the trash, and turned back to peek around the corner she came from

talk about luck... Scintillance readies himself, and pounces at the filly.

Last edited by Scintillance on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 am

Shade never expected Scintillance to be the faster one, even if only unintentionally, and so she certainly didn't pay attention to who could possibly be lying among the trash as she passed it by. And so, not really surprisingly, she was quite surprised when she looked back around the corner and instantly was tackled by the brown colt, she didn't even have time to set up a baffled expression.
Oof...
I thought you were BEHIND me. Jumped out of the window or what?
, Shade asked, firmly pushing Lance off her.
Well, congratulations, your the first one to catch me after such a short time, but you won't have that much luck again.
Grinningly she ran off, leaving no time for conversation. The next few minutes she made it relatively easy for Scintillance to folllow her, the area around the school wasn't that interesting anyway, and the bright daylight took many hiding possibilities away. The industrial district was it Shade was interested in, and soon the first warehouses came into sight.

Before the filly entered one, she made sure that her follower had eye contact for a moment, then disappeared with a salute through a broken window. The building she had chosen was one of the very few relatively rundown building. In Canterlot that ment, it was still in a pretty good condition, everything in this city was supposed to look as good as possible. Even warehouses. A week later, the window probably would have been already replaced, but for now, it was a perfect entrance. And the building itself, was a perfect playground for the black mare. Light levels were low, especially when going away from the outer walls, and empty crates, shelves and whatever was there served as goog hiding spots.

When Scintillance entered the warehous, he wouldn't see a single sign of Shadowstrike. And for several minutes, it would stay this way, before suddenly a noise, probably a small stone being kicked around, came out of an adjacted room to where Scint currently was. A quick look would reveal nothing, but if he paid attention, he would notice some hoofprints that could lead him the way. Unfortunately, at the same time there was the sound of cracking wood out of the exactly opposite direction...
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Lance's ears perk to the creak of wood, but his eyes peer to the hoofprints...
oh brilliant... hold on...
Scintillance examines his own hooves, clean from whatever stains could've the hoofprints before him were made of
we didn't run into any mess, and we both just came from school... Or at least I did, she might've run skipped class or something to get her hooves dirty like that...
Lance turns his head to the source of the prior creaking noise.
For all I know, she probably did sneak out in class, picked up these prints somewhere, but tossed a pebble over there to lay me off track... smart... maybe too smart... no, she'd be smart enough to leave false tracks, but a pebble toss? I might be giving her too much credit.
Lance starts trotting towards the earlier heard sound.
and a pebble doesn't shift it's weight on a wooden surface.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 pm

(( Okay, I'll give you a warning: Do the right things, and you'll get large hints. Don't do them, and Shade will have a lot to laugh about.
This is a challenge for you as well as for your char, so I don't want to give out the hints just like that, that's also the reason why I said we'll need a row of short posts now. I simply need to know what you do to tell you what possibilities you have next.
And: Only because I tell you some things in advance, that doesn't mean you can ignore the things I wrote at the beginning of the post. It might cause the rest of my post to be void if you do something I haven't covered, but as I said, it can give you valuable hints. ))

Nothing else could be heard as Scintillance walked through the door the sound had come from, instead he found a note, written with red ink and sticked on a wooden board leaning on the wall: "I see you!"
And yet, as much as Scintillance looked around, he couldn't see any sign of a black unicorn.
The room he had entered one had one exit, and as he stepped outside, there were suddenly hoofprints again. Beginning right in the center of the room and then going to the left. They hadn't been here a few moments before, and possibly Scintillance would even notice that the dust in the center had been blown aside.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Scintillance Groans to himself as he starts following the new tracks leading left, I am obviously not giving her enough Credit. alright... she could have run into that dust over there, picking up the hoof prints... Oh who am I kidding, I'm no detective. Might as well guess about and hope Lady Luck's a Lass to Lance tonight.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am

(( I think Shade isn't the only one who'll get a good laugh. Like that, you'll be stumbling around for some time, luck won't help you much xD
Tell me when you have enough of it, then I'll stop.
But I'm wondering if you'll figur out the most important clue before the reveal. ))

Scintillance now entered the storage hall of the building, here it was obvious why it wasn't used anymore. The ceiling obviously could need a fix, but while the facade was kept alright, there apparently wasn't enough money to replace the old trusses in here. The high shelves had seen better days as well, now the only thing they held was dust, and from the looks of it, some of them couldn't take anything heavier.
But all of that was not important, another note, sticked on the first shelf behind the door, most likely attracted Scintillance' attention, this time written in a light blue.
Behind you!
Of course, turning around wouldn't reveal a pony, that would have been way to simple. Instead, on the frame of the door Scintillance had entered through, was another slip of paper.
Or not...
After he had read both notes, he would hear hoofsteps from the other side of the hall. The shelves blocked the view, he would have to go there. But if that was the right thing to do... A door door being slammed shut, right in the part of the building where Lance had come from, probably raised some doubts.

(( You don't have to come to complicated conclusions, you only have to do the right thing and the conclusions are obvious. And the right thing usually isn't one of the obvious possibilities I give you. ))
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Scintillance holds back a giggle after those last two notes. Shade might have played him like a pawn, but despite his aggravation, He would admit, this game of hide and seek was the most fun he's had in a long time.
"one step ahead of me no matter where I go..." he calls, to seemingly nopony. "Or is it you who is following me this whole time?"
rather than walking down through either direction, Lance bucks the worn shelves on either side of him.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:20 pm

After bucking the first shelf, the one with the note, Scintillance most likely already ended the vandalism. The wood wasn't strong enough anymore to withstand the blow, and instead of throwing the whole thing over, he instead destryed a part of it that was now crashing down on him. If he didn't manage to get away fast enough, he would probably suffer a few bruises, but nothing really serious. The good thing was, the small slip had lost its hold on the wood and was now lying on the ground, backside up.
#2: Have you found the first one?
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Avoiding the falling wood was no trouble; Lance delivered the blow, and hence saw it coming. So you weren't hiding up there...
...first one? Lance picks up the note on the ground, noticing the "#2" on it, and trots over to turn over the other note that remained un-turned.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 am

((This time I really can't write much))

As was to be expected, this one had something written on its backside as well: #3: Not the first one.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 am

oh... duh!
Scintillance begins back-tracking to the first note he found in this storage.
Lance removes a pencil from his school saddle, and writes onto the "third" note,

"Doubtful you'll actually answer me normally, so let's have it your way... anypony else got this far before?"

and sticks it onto the shelf, and continuing with his path.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 am

No sounds or other distractions happened to get Scintillance off his path. But when he got back to the room where he had found the first note, it had already been replaced.
Great, now I owe Shade 10 bits...
Again, the backside wasn't empty, but the numbering had been dropped and apparently it had been written hastily. Shade's handwriting wasn't all that pretty in the first place, now it was barely decipherable, but still somehow managable.
So, who will you go after?
As if on cue, Scintillance once again heard sounds coming from two directions. One from the storage hall, somepony seemed to have walked over the shattered wood, the other, normal hoof steps, came - of course - from the other direction, where the staircase was.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

"For all I know you're in this room, expecting me to choose a direction! Well, fine, if that's the case you win this round, but we can go at this all night! I've nothing to lose!"

Scintillance shouts excitedly, as he makes for the stairs.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 pm

The stair case was on the outer wall of the building, and so had a window to let the light in. The sun was still high up, it would need a long time to eaven rech the night Scintillance was talking about. But while there may be light, a unicorn wasn't to see here, and there wasn't any spot where she could hide. Suspicious noises were painfully non-existant as well.
This time, the message apparently wasn't written under time pressure, front as well as backside.

If you're here, you're probably still doing something wrong. UP!
---
#7: I said UP!

Up, down, stay on the same floor. If the instruction on the note was of any use was hard to tell, so far they were certainly more designed to mock Scintillance, though the last one had also told him that the black filly probably wasn't alone.

Upwards, there were two additional floors, downwards was only the basement, dark and just as dusty as the rest of the building. And everywhere, Lance would probably find mostly empty rooms. Of course, instead of pursuing Shade, it would also be possible to look for note #5 and #6...

(( More I can't give you, I need your decision first. But if I lay all possibilities out for you, you won't be able to surprise me (and thus Shade) with anything. You can (and should) design the building as well. Just place no hints anywhere, that's my job.
And as I said, I am expecting short posts, so don't worry if you don't know much to right, I simply need decisions.

Oh, and don't forget I'll end this as soon as you want. ))

More I can't give you, I need your decision first.))
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

"hmm... maybe... maybe Shade left a trace of magic on this..."
Lance's horn glows a bright yellow, and the note glows a similar hue. however, Lance exerts more energy that a magic detection spell would normally require, and his magical glow fades suddenly after a good five seconds of light.
"... Nothing."
he removes his pencil from his school bag, this time unable to levitate it with magic, and barely holding it with his hooves without shaking.
"I'm still waiting for that answer; has anypony other than myself ever gotten this far before?" his shaky hoof was no help in writing anything neatly, but it was still legible.

After taking a minute to catch his breath, Lance sticks the note into place, and starts to trot downstairs, heading in the direction of the vandalized shelf, his ears perked more than usual.

Last edited by Scintillance on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 pm

(( Don't ponies usually hold pens and quills with the mouth? Maybe I should have used "mouthwriting" ... no, "hornwriting" instead of "hoofwriting" a few posts ago xD ))

Scintillance left, and shortly after, Shade sticked her head up from the lower floor, looking around carefully before fully coming out. Almost the same moment, a sky blue pegasus filly with a long, snow white mane entered through the already opened window, landing silently on the wooden floor.
He turned around again?
Yeah. He tried to trace me through magic, but it didn't sound like he was successful. And apparently he's walking into the wrong direction.
The unicorn curiously approached the note, Scintillance had written something on it, but when she took it into her telekinetic grip, a sudden, blinding light errupted from it, targeted right at head. She emediately took a few steps back and hold a hoof over her eyes.
What the heck?!?, she angrily called out half loud. The pegasus found it more amusing and was breaking down laughinly.
Haha... was about hahaha... *gasp* time that he scores a hit *giggle*
I bucking HATE light!
Shade was unable to open her eyes for the moment, and to avoid stumbling into anything, she simple sat down.
Well, I'll look after him, I think he is about to get the answer to his question.
What question?
Knowing that Scintillance could have heard her, she forced her eyes open a bit and saw that her friend had already left. Yes, leave your half blind friend behind to be caught, she thought while quickly going downstairs again. As as quickly as she could. Opening her eyes was possible, keeping them open was somewhat difficult, but the filly had some experience with walking through the dark, it wasn't that much of a problem.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

"What the Heck?!?"
Bingo. Lance turned around and galloped towards the stairs.
"I bucking HATE light!"
I got you now! Lance trotted as quickly as his little hooves could take him. he barely managed to skid to a stop before nearly falling down the stairs. he took a few steps back, and noticed his enchanted note on the floor, not too distant from the edge of the stairs. Well, looks like the homework's figured out, at least! Oh wait... did she... did I blind her into stumbling and then falling down the stairs!?! "Oh fudge, did I kill her!?! her parents are going to KILL me! No... SHADE's going to kill me!"
Lance rushed down the stairs.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Shade was trying her best to get down as quickly as possible without falling, but when she heard Scintillance above, she also had to stay as silent as possible, and that really slowed her down. And so she was only halfway through when the brown unicorn stormed down the stairs, not really watching his way. Shade heard him and turned around, her sight still heavily reduced, but she didn't need to see much to know that a crash was unavoidable. A moment later, she felt herself loosing the ground...

Last edited by Shadowstrike on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am

It all happened so fast, and yet, it felt like it lasted forever... the glimpse he'd had of shade before clumsily running into her, her last glance imprinted in his memory. The moment after the impact, as he had lost his footing, as well as his connection to solid ground...
both filly and foal had tumbled down the stairs. Lance had already lost consciousness after a couple hits to the head from the wooden surface.

After a few short seconds of falling, Lance's horn would glow a brilliant yellow, and a flat, small yellow platform appeared, catching the young ponies as they fell, changing their tumble into a slide-ride. the platform would eventually slow to a stop at the bottom of the stairs, and fade along with the light from Lances horn, leaving the two ponies at the bottom of the stairs with less injuries than they would have otherwise. Lance lays there, unconscious, bruised, and completely drained.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 am

First you blind me, then you throw me down the stairs. Are you trying to kill me?, Shade growled, pressing a hoof on a large bump on her head, now she was getting really angry at Scintillance. The light was one thing, she had to admit that it had been a clever trick, but now the only reason why she didn't give him a good buck was that she didn't want to stand up in the first place, her head wasn't the only thing hurting. She was surprised that it wasn't worse, but their fall had been softened by something, Shade hadn't been able to see it, her eyes at been shut at that moment. But it had glowed, maybe a spell from Scintillance? Slowly she stood up, teeth clenched at her hurting bones. After a look at the brown unicorn, she decided to save her anger for later.
Scintillance?
No reaction. Anger changed to annoyance, he had knocked himself out.
Oh, great... SCINTILLANCE!
Shade was now shaking him wildly, she didn't care how he would feel when he woke up. As long as she didn't have to carry him...
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Lance was utterly exhausted. as his eyes slowly pried open, his whole world shook, starting from his shoulders, as a dark figure loomed over his blurred sight. His head hurt. more than it has ever hurt in a long time. so did the rest of him. he was absolutely tired. his voice came forth as a dragged moan.
"uuuugh..."
when his vision cleared, Lance could see Shade through squinting eyes, shaking him violently. He chuckles,
"Looks like I can stop worrying about the parents... Shade's going to kill me..."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm thinking about it, she answered dryly and let go of Scintillance. She began walking upstairs again to inform her friend about the end of the game, but in that moment the pegasus already landed on the upper end.
Oh, I would have bet he finds me first, she said smirkingly. Shadowstrike, the world champion in hiding, failed to hide in time.
He hasn't found me, he ran into me, Shade answered just as sarcastically. And threw me down the stairs.
Only now the light blue pegasus noticed the bruises Shade had taken, in the darkness of the basement it was hard to see much. A look of worry appeared on her face as she glided downwards, landing silently next to Shade.
Are you alright?
The shadow hued unicorn nodded.
Nothing that wouldn't heal on itself. At least on my part.
It was clear that she simply was annoyed by the incident. Scintillance certainly hadn't made a good impression.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Scintillance, now lying on is front, looked over to the Pegasus through tired eyes, and a smile yet to be broken.
"Oh, hello... I don't believe we've met!"
his right hoof would raise slightly, but Lance still hadn't regained the energy he needed for any such actions.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Hello, I'm Skylight, the pegasus greeted him smilingly, but looked a little confused after noticing his condition. I've heard that such a fall can cause injuries, but exhaustion?
He did cast something, I don't know what, but it brought us from falling to sliding, Shade guessed for the reason, sounding not really thankful, but as if it was just as bad than the actual crash.
Skylight extended a hoof to help Scintillance up. Must have been a pretty large spell if it leaves you like that...
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

"I don't know what happened,"
Lance, takes the hoof and shakily gains his footing, though his hooves are spread a little wider than they should, to keep him from tipping over.
"the last thing I remember is some wooden stair flying towards my head and the rest is ammnesial... I don't know if I cast anything... oh, I'm Scintillance, by the way, but you might have guessed that from a certain filly shouting it at the top of her lungs..."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Subconcious casting? Doesn't watch where he goes, but does magic in his sleep, Shade commented sarcastically, that boy was having more luck than he deserved. But apparently Skylight had already enough and looked at her reproachfully.
If I got that right, he saved you from the worst with it
And he didn't mean it and I shouldn't be mad at him and blah, blah, blah, came the instant reply, that talk came way too often. Skylight simply continued staring at her, until Shade finally rolled her eyes and faced Scintillance again.
Fine, I'll forget about that. But NEVER blind me again.
Without another comment she walked up the stairs, nothing left to do down here. Her eyes now were almost back to normal, only the heavy blinking would probably still go on for a bit.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am

"Deal!"
Lance began trotting up the stairs, after shade, with a slight limp to his step. He had assumed she knew the way out. He turned his head and regarded the Pegasus, "So, Skylight, you've been keeping Shade busy all these times she's snuck out?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm

The other way around, she is keeping me busy, Skylight corrected him smirkingly. There's hardly a day when she doesn't drag me out somewhere.
Sure, I have to enjoy my free time while I still can, I don't plan on letting myself be bored to death.
Shade was quickly cooling down again,she wasn't really one to bear grudges in the first place. In the evening she probably wouldn't spend a single thought on it anymore.
Heh, in your case that's problably a valid reason to die. Anyway, what do we do now?
That earned Skylight a strange look, "you really have to ask that?".
I don't know about you, but I'll go take a nap. Until the sun's down.
Okay, she's keeping me busy as long as she's awake, the pegasus corrected herself and directed her question now at Scintillance. Anyway, what do WE do now?

Last edited by Shadowstrike on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

"We?"
Lance was no antisocial, but he wasn't an outgoing pony either. rarely had he done anything with friends other than group homework projects, and never before had he done so with a pony he'd only recently met... he panicked, on the inside, and brought up the first thing that came to mind, "u-uh... I haven't been to the park in a while, do you... wanna go to the park?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

Skylight threw an unbelieving look at Scintillance. So many possibilities, and he suggested going to the park?
No, not the park, she said sternly, before falling into a grin. Follow me.
By now they were at the window they had entered through, and after a short look if anypony was watching, she jumped out on the street.
I almost have the feeling like I don't want to miss that. But as I said, I'll hit the hay. See you later, Shade said, staying inside.
Okay, bye then, Skylight answered, and led the way.
Scintillance would probably notice soon that they were nearing the gates, they were about to leave the city.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 pm

"See you in school, Shade!"
Scintillance nervously kept pace with Skylight, eyeing the city gates "Outside Canterlot grounds?" A frown formed over Lances face; he has never left the city limits before. He trots close to Skylight and held a hoof to her shoulder, "So, where exactly are we going again?" a look of worry in his eyes.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Outside, enjoying nature, Skylight answered grinningly and with a blinking eye. Way better then the park, trust me.
Seeing that he really was worried, she tried to calm him down a bit, closely watching who was walking out of the city. In this area there's nothing really dangerous around, much to Shade's chagrin. We only have to wait for the right moment...
Suddenly Skylight simply dragged Scintillance with her, closely following a family apparently leaving the city. It wasn't really forbidden for foals to leave on their own, but usually the guards asked too much about where the parents are and why they weren't here and all stuff that didn't have to interest them.
Hoping that Lance knew what she was doing and wouldn't do anything stupid, she let go of him and acted as if everything was completely normal, that they belonged to the family they were following now. As long as none of them turned around and saw them, the guards would have no reason to believe those two foals were on their own.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Scintillance caught onto the plan quick enough; he kept quiet and kept close as the family only slightly ahead trotted out the gate. The two ponies kept following until they were far enough for the guards to pay no heed of them, and broke away from the family that had managed not to notice them the entire time. Lance openly laughed, "I think that's the first time anything today worked out the way any pony wanted it to!" He mentally went over the days' escapades.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 am

You didn't mean to blind Shade? That worked pretty well, Skylight said, and simply went on. Nice spell by the way.
Scintillance' nervosity came to mind again, and Skylight through a curious look at him as she asked. So, you've never been out here before?

Of course, they didn't stay on the roads, or some kind of path for that matter, Skylight led him on her own ways over wild terrain, a often strenuous trip, here on the side of Canterlot Mountain, and all to soon it came to a stop at a crag, not very high, but without wings it was still a little problem.
Well, we need to get up there. Can you climb?
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 am

"No, no I've never been outside those gates before... all this is a little new to me..."
Lance gulped as he approached the crag. "We've done a rock climbing course at school during gym, once... I think I can give it a gander..."
Scintillance stood on his two hind legs as he found his hoofing with his front two. finding the will to start, he raised a hind hoof onto the wall as well, and moved a front hoof higher up the rocky surface, thankful that it was riddled with large enough holes for his hooves. "I had fully intended on Blinding Shade back there," he finally raised his last hoof off the ground, pulled his own body up, and found a spot in the wall for his fourth hoof to stand on. Ten Percent physical effort, ninety Percent Will... "what I didn't mean to do was bump into shade and tumble down the stairs with her," he added, slowly but surely making his way up the rocky surface.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 am

Really never? Not even with your parents? Skylight stared a little unbelieving at him. Seriously, what did you do in your spare time?
As Scintillance climbed up, the pegasus was standing on the ground below, watching his step and pointing out possible grips along the way.
Above you, to the right. A little further... Yep, there. You almost got it. And in only three times the time Shade would need, she said mockingly, flying up past him now, and offering him a hoof from the edge above.
A litle training and maybe we can try playing a round of hide and seek out here.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Books, mostly... I'd always make sure I've got a good book checked out from the library!
Scintillance pulls himself a little higher up, already getting tired of sticking to the wall, well, both my parents sleep through the day; night shifts at the castle with Luna... I'm left to handle the house during the day on my own... now that I think of it, Mom's gonna freak when she wakes up and sees that I haven't cleaned the floors yet... Lance carefully follows Skylights' instructions.
*And in only three times the time Shade would need,*
You're forgetting... Shade probably... had a lot more... practice, at this, than I... had... Lance wouldn't be able to hold for much longer, and quickly grabbed Skylights' hoof, practically hugging it with his own front hooves.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

GRAB SOMETHING ON THE WALL, Skylight called out in panic as she suddenly had to carry all of Scintillance' weight and needed to get in her second front hoof not to lose him. But it was too late, she felt the edge below her crumbling, and a moment later she was already slipping over it. Stunts certainly weren't her forte, but she was used to flying through relatively small corridors quickly, getting herself beneath the falling unicorn in time wasn't all that hard, but that didn't solve the biggest problem: Her wings weren't strong enough to support the weight either. All she could do was getting them away from the rocky wall and slow the fall a little bit. Of the latter she didn't notice much when the crash finally came, they were too fast for her legs to withstand the pressure. In the noise of the collision the cracking couldn't be heard. However, Skylight's scream was clearly audible.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Scintillance couldn't help but fold his ears on reflex. He quickly leapt off his companion after the impact with the earth, and kneeled beside her, Omygoshomygosh! I-I'm so sorry! A-are you ok!? his question meant nothing; he could barely hold back a lump of stomach-pot-pie as he caught a glimpse of broken bone pulling out from Skylight's front left leg, blood leaking from the wound. The filly was in tears. Scintillance removed some tissue from his schoolbag, handed a tissue to Skylights' still working hoof, and starting dabbing at her blooded hoof with another, trying to recall what he'd learned from biology class. the blood would have to dry, or 'clot,' around the wound before you do anything else, else we might risk an infection..? ...right? and then... we're going to have to go back...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 am

Skylight didn't understand what he said, she curled up, eyes shut and teeth clenched, holding her hurting hoof. Only slowly she dared to take a look, her vision all blurry from her tears, but what she saw was enough to send a wave of fear through her mind. Not that she wasn't used to see some blood, it wasn't the first time she suffered a wound, but never before had she seen her own bone, and never before there had been this much blood. The injury certainly wasn't deadly, and the fracture appeared pretty clean, but that was an evaluation a small filly in pain wouldn't be capable of. For Skylight it ment that she was out in the wilderness, too far away from the city to be heard, and unable to walk. What was she supposed to do now? That she had help by her side, that was already forgotten.

No, this was pathetic. Shade would pull herself together even if all her legs were broken, Skylight couldn't let herself be stopped by only one. She forced her sobs down and tried to stand up, failing and breaking down again at first, but succeeded on the second try. Her wings unfolded, but the shock and pain let them hang down weak and useless, and so the pegasus slowly fighting her way forward over the rocky ground, wincing every time she accidently touched the ground with the injured hoof. And Scintillance still wasn't on her mind.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 pm

skylight!
the filly paid him no heed as she suddenly tried to stand up...
come on now, you're going to hurt yourself!
He gasped as she fell to the ground, and made a second attempt to stand...
Don't!
the pegasus appears to be deaf to his words, as no sound he made had reached her ears... is she... ignoring me?
Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you! I'll understand if you're mad at me, but quit hurting youserself! here, let me help...
He couldn't bear to watch the filly in pain every time her left hoof touched the ground. scintillance trotted up from Skylight's right, and lifted her right hoof over his neck. this way, at least her broken left hoof would hang higher over the rocky terrain, safe from the frequent bumps she's given it otherwise.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Skylight didn't refuse the help, but she said nothing, didn't even really acknowledge his presence. Maybe she really was ignoring him, or maybe she was simply more busy with recollecting herself, as far as the pain allowed her to. Her jaw was pressed shut and her eyes still produced new tears as they slowly walked back to the city.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 am

just a little further...
Scinillance and Skylight continued trotting towards the city,
Oh, what am I going to do!? I can probably take her to... actually, I don't know where she lives... maybe shade would know?
the gate guard was visible now. Scintillance gulped as he quickly mentally planned out what to say. when they approached, the white unicorn in golden armor appeared unfazed, although the concern was eminent in his eyes, focused on skylights' hoof. his bold voice spoke up,
Halt! what happened, and where is the rest of your family?
u-um... she... fell. and the family from before wasn't ours.
the guard did not like this reply. his eyes squinted at the small brown unicorn,
pegasi don't 'fall,' foal... let me ask again. what happened.
Fine! I fell, and she was crazy enough to try and catch me! and she did, and look where that's gotten her! just let us through, she needs proper help, and standing out here isn't going to fix her hoof!
The guards' eyes widened in surprise by Lances' sudden outburst, and he stepped aside for the foals to pass.
I'm going to need your names, though.
Scintillance and Skylight. said the foal, as he continued walking Skylight into the city.
out of the guards' sight once more, lance asked the filly he's been carrying,
Sky, where do you live?
If she doesn't answer, I'm going to have to find Shadowstrike instead... or maybe I should just check in with nurse Vita? with a school bully like hammer toss, Scintillance had more than enough visits to the school nurse. At times, when he'd need medical assistance out of school hours, he'd learned where to find her home.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 am

Hospital, idiot, Skylight groaned at Scintillance' stupidity. How did he imagine that going home would help her now?
Luckily, they didn't have to go very far, the hospital practically was just behind the gates, only two streets away. On the way, the two foals earned quite a few looks, some curious, some woried, some disapproving, for whatever reason. But nopony seemed to care enough to actually help, except for one: The entrance doors were already in sight, when Skylights weight was suddenly taken off Scintillance' shoulders, a unicorn in a white gown had picked her up and placed her on his back, probably he was one of the docotors who was just coming to work. He indicated Scintillance to follow him as he covered the last distance much more quickly.
Where did this happen?, he asked, and then they were already there. Once inside the hospital, things went fast; Skylight was brought into the emergency department, and then disappeared in a room Scintillance wasn't allowed into.
I think this will take one or two hours, you can wait here if you want, the doctor said before entering himself.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 am

The door slammed shut right before Scintillance, barely missing his nose. "emergency room" was written in red on the door. Concern and worry were eminent in his look, as he turned and finally managed to take a look at his surroundings. He found himself in a hallway with white walls numerous doors on either side. There were red benches lining the walls in each direction, and there was a table about five meters down the hall he came from, covered in an assortment of magazines, some familiar, and some completely unknown to him. Lance sat on a bench opposite of the one door Skylight was taken through, and tapped his hoof impatiently over the floor. It didn't take long before he lost patience, and levitated an issue of Equestria Daily off the table toward him. He randomly turned the pages until an image of a griffin' had caught his attention. The article titled, "Struggles in the North." Lance knew that the griffins up north were having trouble growing crops and such, but he never really looked into it before. As he read the article, his eyes wouldn't cease to turn back to the emergency room door every few seconds...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:45 pm

After about an hour the door finally opened again and Skylight was rolled out, fast asleep and with a cast around her leg.
It will take a while, but it should heal completely, the doctor said when he exited after her. With a look at Scintillance he began do chuckle a bit and signaled the foal to follow them.
So, Skylight has another friend besides that black unicorn filly. And that still doesn't save her from visiting here regularly.
The amused smile ended in a worried sigh.
If she goes on like that she'll break more that just her leg eventually.
Their destination was a three bed room, but apart from the one Skylight was now laid on - the beds were empty. Through the window Scintillance could see the sun hanging not so far above the horizon anymore, a look on the clock would reveal that it was already past 5 pm.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 am

Scintillance stared at the near-setting sun almost blankly, though his head rushed full of thoughts... among them were of how much trouble he's in for being late home... very late... he was supposed to go home right after school ended. also among his thoughts, Scintillance mused over the thought of who would kill him first, a tie being between Shadowstrike, Skylight, and his mother. but the thought that escaped his mind into a vocal response was thankfully concerning the doctors' remark.
well, I've only really known her since earlier today... Lance trotted away from the window towards the side of Skylights' bed. he sat on his haunches, and furrowed his brow over the doctors' mention of Skylights' 'regular visits.'
wait, so she hurts herself like this all the time? How could a pony live like that?
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next