MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picky Costumer [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

Picky Costumer [Closed] (Dated) Empty Picky Costumer [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Black Powder Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:13 am

Oct 31, Year 4

Demetrius was trotting down the many streets of Manehattan, late during the night. Some of his... contacts had informed him about a certain place that would help rebellious ponies by furnishing them in whatever objects they would need to achieve their goals. Hopefully it wasn't just all about weapons and armor because, frankly, he had seen more than enough of these. No, his needs were more... specific and delicate.

Following all the instructions he was given, he would eventually arrive in front of the place. Simply mimicking to re-adjust his harness as he'd take a furtive look around. No one could be seen and no one would suspect him of being... well, oddly suspicious and mysterious. Entering, he would then go down and push the wall and take a look inside before stepping in.

The place was what could be considered as organized chaos. Everything seemed to be in a total mess, yet, in a complete order. It was hard to define really. Inventions and gizmos of all sorts would litter the place, on the ceiling, walls, even on the floor. Eventually snapping back to reality, he would then notice the pegasus working behind her desk on some sort of contraption, whatever it was, or was she just placing stuff around? Oh well. Didn't mattered.

Putting on his best smile, being nothing too pushed over-the-fact-we're-being-dominated-by-griffons. A simple smirk with a slightly raised eyebrow, just something comforting to ease off any possible tension.

-Why hello there! I'm not interrupting, am I?

He simply asked, before he continued.

-I've been told of this place by some of my *ahem* "friends". Apparently you sell all sorts of gadgets and objects? Perhaps you could help me... I'm in dire need of something a bit specific and unique, to say the least.
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Picky Costumer [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Picky Costumer [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Megabyte's tail flicked about behind her as she continued her work on the small cylindrical device that she was oh so familiar with as a griffon repellant. Her ears perked up on her head when she heard an unknown voice from behind her. Not taking her attention off her work, she simply replied. "Welcome, sir. I do sell items of all kinds. If something already built doesn't fit your fancy, I can make you something custom." She said, suddenly giggling out of nowhere as she finished putting her item together.

She turned from her table and moved over to the shelf to place the small device with the others that looked identical as it, limping slightly with her right rear leg as the crude bandages restricted its movement slightly in combination with the wound underneith. Turning back to face the new pony afterwords, she gave him a welcoming smile. "So, what are you looking for? I have all kinds of things!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 am

Narrowing his eyes momentarily as he saw her place the small device with the others, Black powder couldn't help but wonder what it could possibly be. Though, his thoughts were interrupted as he saw her trot her way back toward the counter, realizing only now that she was limping and had a bandage on her leg. He'll have to ask about that... he was the curious type. Shaking his head slightly as he was beginning to zone off in his thoughts, he then snapped back to reality and glared back at the shop keeper, smirking.

-All kinds of things is right...

He said as he waved a hoof toward some full shelfs.

-It's good to see I'm not the only one who likes to invent... even if you seem way over my league, haha! But yes, as for why I'm here.

He then cleared his throat.

-Simply put, I've been looking for ages to find a way to activate things remotely; without the need of strings, cogs or anything mechanical, easily comparable to magical telekineses unicorns grew so found of.

He took a small pause for everything to sink in before he went on.

-I was thinking, perhaps, of a two segmented contraption; part A being the actual moving mechanism, whatever it could be. Part B, which technically I would be holding, perhaps something with a button to turn said moving apparatus on remotely.

Shrugging, he would then smirk at her.

-Basically what I'm looking for is a way to get rid of the wires without loosing the connection, if you know what I mean.
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Mega tilted her head slightly as she listened to the request that was being made of her, quickly gaining a frown across her muzzle as the item her customer wanted slowly sank into her mind. "I'm sorry...but I don't think anything like that is possible without magic... At least, not with what I have access to right now." She replied, lowering her head a bit in shame.

"I can possibly make the mechanical piece for you in no time, but a wireless control system is something that sounds impossible..." She stated with a sigh. She knew first impressions were everything when it came to her line of work and was deeply worried she would lose a possible repeat customer.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

To be honest, he wasn't really surprised. Disappointed a bit, yes. Who wouldn't be? But he wasn't mad at her or anything like that. Though, no matter how well he hid it, his facial language would betray him for a short instant as he would bite his inferior lips and narrow his eyes. Those damned unicorns, they had it so easy! If only horns could still work once cut off; he would've gotten one out of the bucking black market. The REAL black market. Pushing the ideas of of his head, he would then put back on his typical carefree grin.

-Hehe, I was kinda expecting that to be honest. Seems like that dream of mine is definitely still out reach. And as for the mechanical parts, I would've been able to make that on my own; but in this case that would be useless altogether.

Frowning for a few seconds as he brought up his plan B, he would then bring up a mental checklist of everything he'd need...

-I like challenges, I'll work a way around it.

He said as he gave her a wink.

-So if you're certain this can't be done, I'll have to ask you if you have something called an anemometer?
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Mega let a sigh of relief escape her when her lack of ability to build the first request wouldn't hurt her reputation in any real way. Her previous smile reappeared on her face while listening to the second request that she could undoubtedly fulfill.

"Yes, I do have one of those! Many actually!" She said in an overly excited tone of voice. Without any other words to say, the mare slowly limped towards one of her many shelves in the workshop. Shuffling a few metal bits and pieces out of the way, she eventually came back to Powder with the requested device in her mouth. "Heb you bo!" She said as best she could.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:53 am

Ah, well at least that was that. Sure that remote contraption would've been better, but since it was out of reach; the anemometer was the second best thing. Calculating wind velocity by instinct came natural for most pegasus, but it was far from perfectly accurate. At least with one of these, he'd be able to get clear results. Now, as for his second request...

-That's just fabulous! I'll take the smallest one you have!

He said as she would then put the device on the counter. Narrowing his eyes, he would then inspect the instrument, grabbing it and blowing wind on the small wings as the device would start spinning and give the proper results, all this without a squeak or any hitch. Satisfied, he would give her a nod as he continued...

-Now, as for my second item, I would like to know if you got any pipes made out of tempered steel? It needs to be roughly around three feet long, exactly six inches wide and around half an inch thick. Painted mate black, but that's optional.
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Megabyte nodded her head slightly before limping towards the shelf again. After a bit more rummaging around, she soon came back with a smaller anemometer for her customer and set it down on the counter for him. Listening closely to get next request, she grinned and limped over to one of the large crates in the corner.

"I should have something like that. Not painted black though, sorry." She replied, rearing up onto the crate and using her hooves to move the many different types of pipe around inside. "Ah-ha!" She said in an overjoyed tone before grabbing a pipe in her hooves and heaving it up out of the crate. "Is this what you were hoping for?"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Bah, paint was no issue, he could easily find himself some. Though, he was still surprised that she had the exact specific size of pipe he had just asked for... okay, maybe it was a few millimeters off, but that didn't matter the slightest; he could always adjust. Adjust what exactly though? Now that was a secret.

Taking the pipe in his hooves as he inspected it to his turn, what mattered to him most was the inside. Pulling it up and tilting it toward a light, he would let it reflect on the inside, the thing was squeaky clean and shining like it was brand new. Maybe a few specs of superficial rust here and there, but nothing that wouldn't go away with some rough cloths and detergent.

Tilting his head toward her as he gave her a smile, he would then simply ask...

-How much for all this?
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Mega hummed slightly to herself as she looked at the two items she had out for sale, sizing them up for a moment. "How does fifteen bits sound?" She asked with a smile, giggling a bit to herself as the thoughts of a nice sale filled her head. Despite the earlier bumps in the beginning, she felt confidant that she had another repeat customer on her hooves.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:39 am

Fifteen bits was beyond reasonable, especially with that anemometer right here; did she even considered the handiwork into the payment... unless all of this was stolen? Hmm... that was one possibility, not that he cared, obviously. But judging by the sheer amount of gadgets there was in this place, it probably wouldn't be the case. Plus, he already saved nearly 200 bits over fire ruby dust only yesterday.

-Only fifteen?

He'd chuckle, as he'd reach out for his bit pouch hidden under his wing. His muzzle would then grab it and toss it on the counter. Pushing on it, he'd then give her ten more than the price she asked for and put away the money bag.

-Thirty seems more like a fair price to me, you're too generous~

He added as he gave her a smirk. Though, that's when he finally remembered about her limping and being injured to a leg, that smile of his quickly replaced by a frown.

-...Did griffins did this to you?
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Mega looked at the extra bits that had been placed on the table for her with surprised eyes, but seeming thankful nonetheless. "Well, thank you very much then. Your business is greatly appreciated." She smiled, chuckling a bit to herself while using a wing to carefully push the money into her out bit sack she held in her hoof. "If there's ever anything else you need from me in the future, please don't be afraid to came back."

She next question made the mare's ear twitch, her bubbly expression quietly turning into one of mild frustration. "Yes. Yes they did. Well... one did." She replied in a serious tone. "But, I don't blame him for it. I blame that stupid thief that made him go insane in the first place!" She growled, stamping a hoof in anger as she seemed to start losing it from the memories she was forced to recall.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Powder Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Black Powder had to admit that it was quite admirable for her to to blame the griffin itself for inflicting her this injury. From what he understood the assailant's need for violence had been triggered by something else entirely... but even if that was the case, hitting someone innocent couldn't be justified. Weather this pony was afraid of retaliation of just too polite to admit it however, he couldn't tell.

-Back in the days, hitting somepony else could never be really justified... things have changed, haven't they?

He'd say, his usual smile coming back, though, this time around more sinister. Chuckling, he'd then start putting all of his purchases in his large saddlebag he was keeping under his right wing. Heading for the exit, he'd then turn around one last time toward the shop keeper.

-You've been really helpful to me... you can be certain that If I need anything else, you'll see my flank back in your shop!

He'd finish as he'd give her a friendly wink. Pushing on the door, he'd then go back outside on the street, making sure no one saw him coming out of the hidden shop.
Black Powder
Black Powder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down