MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settling in [Closed] (Dated)

4 posters

Go down

Settling in [Closed] (Dated) Empty Settling in [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Freyia Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Oct 29, Year 4

Freyia sat on her bunk. her room was the size of a broom closet. In fact, she was pretty sure it was a broom closet. Enough for a bed roll, a trunk, and a small place to stand. At least it had a door. Her last space did not.

See sighed, her ears falling flat onto her head. She closed her eyes and began undoing her armor starting with her boots. New command, new griffons, same old bull shit. She kept her eyes closed as she took off her armor and carefully set it down in the trunk. She could don and remove her armor in her sleep she had done it so much.

After she was done she grabbed her sack, the one thing she carried that held all her personal belongings. She set it on the bed roll and removed each item with extreme care. First was a book. It belonged to her mother, the title reading "Griffon History, a look at the customs and beliefs of the griffon tribes of old". Next was a silver pocket watch. It had belonged to her father. It had long stopped working, but non the less she opened it and starred at its motionless hands. Again she sighed. The next was a patch. An old crest of her squad from the war. "The Berserking Pigeons" was their name. She smiled, remembering the good times she shared with them.

The last item was a hair comb. This she held onto. It had belonged to a little girl in Canterlot. She fell into its memory:

A loud explosion fills the air as the unicorn magic rains down artillery on the advancing griffon army. Debris flies into her eyes. All around griffons and ponies alike slaughter one another. She enters one of the buildings, a residence. There a male earth pony swings something at her from the side. Without hesitation, she ducks and drives the spear right into his stomach. She looks up, noticing the equine was swinging a simple lamp. With a spurt of blood he hits the floor. The daughter screams out for her father, trying to leave her mothers grasp. Freyia stands there frozen, looking at them, then at the husband and father on the ground. "Why did he swing at me" was all that went through her mind. She did not notice that the other griffons had entered the house. She could not hear the pony's screams. She only starred at the pony on the floor. By the time she was able to move, the only thing left where the wife and daughter cowered, was the comb.

A single tear escaped her eyes and fell to the floor. She put it gently in the trunk. Closing her eyes, she worked to not let any more escape.

Last edited by Freyia on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Settling in [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Settling in [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Thorin Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am

The door swings open to reveal Thorin, his grey coat and talons flecked with blood.

'Oh.. sorry, I thought this was... nevermind. What are you doing in here?'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning to Guerilla
Profession: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 am

Freyia looks up quickly at the intruder, then away just as fast. She hides wiping the tears from her eyes as she places the sack in the trunk and quickly closes it.

She turns back to the griffon, "This is my bunk space. I'm settling down for the night." She was fine now, returning to the cold composure she always hid behind.

I hope he didn't see me cry. That's the last thing I need as a first impression.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Thorin frowns.

'Why arent you quatered in in the barracks? Its not like we're running out of room even with the new guerillas'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Freyia looks up at the griffon. She was surprised that he seemed sincere, or at least not an ass hole.

"I suppose the other soldiers didn't want a pegasus among them. It is fine, I have had worse." She was now setting up her bed roll.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Sten whistled as he walked through the corridors. It was pretty hard for a creature with a beak, mind, but he tried gamely nonetheless. Just down the hall, he saw the sawbones chatting to a broom cupboard, apparently. Poor chap must be starved for conversation.
Sten, being a gregarious chap by nature, strolled up and leaned his head in nonchalantly. Oh! Who'd have thought it? A pegasus auxiliary here, of all places.
"Huh, so this is the other half live," he said, as though he hadn't even been meaning to stop by.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:59 am

Thorin leans against the doorway.

‘Most of the Griffons here came from the heartlands, the first time most of them saw a pony was during the war. Combine that with the idea of… eating ponies’

He looks a little ill and shakes his head.

‘I can see how shared lodgings would be a bad idea now. But surely there is something better available than this?'

'Hello sten'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Freyia looked up at the two griffons standing outside her doorway. "No, I don't think there is. And as I tell every griffon I meet, if you want to eat me, go right ahead and try." She finished setting up her bed roll.

"Is there something I can do for either of you um..." She paused, unsure of what to address them as. She did not want to be disrespectful.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Thorin looks horrified.

'Me? Eat y- oh gods no!'

He takes a step back.

'I swore the oath of Orion, I would never even consider anythig like that!'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Freyia's ears perked at the mention of Orion. "You a follower?" Her face filled with determination. If there were other followers here, maybe this place would not be so bad.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Thorin seems to calm down a bit.

'Yes, I come from port Brokenclaw, so its pretty much mandatory'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 pm

"Hmm," was all she said as she turned to fiddle more with her bed roll. She had heard of that place, however she had never been. She turned her head in the middle of her fiddling, "So what is it you want? And you," She motions to the second griffon, "What do you want?"
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 pm

'Well... a mop ideally, I have to clean up after sugery. Speaking of which, good day'

Thorin turns and walks away down the corridor.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Freyia blinks a couple of times, unsure what just happened. She kind of liked that griffon, obviously a doctor, and a follower. She will make a point to keep an eye on that one. Might make a good companion.

"Well then, what about you?" She looked to the other griffon.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Zweihander passed by the closet with a large cage hoisted in his arms, holding a small Timber Wolf. And it was angry. Running quickly, this was one of those days he missed being able to talk. Nodding in greeting to Thorin, who held a mop, and Sten Softclaw (a fop by any other name), he also nodded in greeting to the white pegasus. Accelerating again, he left in a blur with his Timber Wolf in a cage.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 am

"Me? I'm just wandering," he said, with a shrug. "Nothing better to do, in my opinion. Meet new and interesting folks who you don't necessarily have to kill. Which makes a nice change."
He nodded to the vague griffon-shaped blur as it passed.

Last edited by Sten Softclaw on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am

Freyia looked over to the griffon walking by. Hmm, he doesn't seem like one of the soldiers. She looked back to the griffon talking with her. "Why are you talking to me? Most griffons I meet in a new command can't wait to start making my life hell, yet already there have been two griffons that don't seem to mind me here." She was confused at this new command. Definitely not what she expected.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down