MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Red Scroll [Closed] (Dated)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Red Scroll [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Red Scroll [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Behind the door was a bound and gagged griffin, fastened by rope to a chair. He screamed and kicked when the door opened, falling over as he did. His head thudded against the side of the closet he was in, and he let out a muffled "OW," as he did. When he saw the bloody hippogriff pointing a crossbow down at him, he began to scream louder.

"MMMMMMMMPH!- MmmmmPH! MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmMMMMMMMMPH!-"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

The Red Scroll [Closed] (Dated) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Red Scroll [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Leo Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:13 pm

He put one of his large paws on the chair, pushing it down to bring all four of the legs back to the floor. Whoever this was wasn't a threat, so he put the Crossbow onto his back as he looked to the Gryphon, "Stop screaming and I'll let you go" he said evenly in his deep soft voice. 'Providing you know nothing of the scroll' a voice in his head taunted, making him mentally punch that voice hard as he tried not to think about that.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 pm

The griffin nodded, becoming quiet. He would need the gag off if he was to say more.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Leo took a paw, and with surprising gentleness, took the gag from the Griffon bound in front of him, "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" he asked.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:48 pm

The griffin had the sense to be completely forthright and straight forward in his response. "I am Costograd, and I am... currently tied up for making the boss mad..." He had no idea who this hippogriff was, but he wasn't here to punch him it seemed, making his presence a million times more ideal than the griffins.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Leo thought on this for a moment before asking a question. "What did you do, exactly?" he asked. his face betraying nothing. If this Gryphon held no allegiance to his comrades anymore, he might be able to help him finish off the others behind the barricade. But that was way on the other side of the scale, and was a strong 'if'.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

"Well, for one, the asshole stole my share of the take, and got mad when I asked him about it. For two, they're just assholes-"

He stopped, realizing he had begun making a list of random reasons they irked him, and hadn't actually answered the question. He coughed, and began again from the beginning.

"I punched the guy, right in his stupid stupid eye, and said I was going to turn myself in. So they tied me up."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Leo tried not to smirk at the young Griffon. He found his words to be quite amusing, however his face was hard as stone. "Well you'll be pleased to know your boss is dead. I broke his beak into his own brain" he said as he untied the Griffon, "If you want to help me take out the rest of them, be my guest, otherwise the front door is clear. Though getting to it without getting speared might be difficult, they've set up a barricade by the stairs which means the corridor outside this room is gonna be difficult to get around" he said as he turned away, eying a shield on the floor and creating a plan.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

The griffin knew better than to snark at a hippogriff who had idly killed his previous boss. "Right-o, well, I'm sure that whatever reason you had for merc'ing him was a really good one too."

The griffins name was Herakles- which was knowable because immediately after his previous statement, he said so. "My name is Herakles. I hit people with clubs and axes. And, I need some cash. So, if you'd allow me to help you, I'll gladly take my cut back from the assholes."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Leo didn't give his name back. He didn't want to leave any information behind that could lead back to him or his client. Not only this, the Gryphon didn't quite have his life back yet. When this was over, Leo would ask him if he knew of the Scroll. And should he say yes, he would be joining his boss in the after life. He picked up a shield and motioned for the Gryphon to grab one. "The good news is they have limited armament, while we have all of this. The plan is to use these shields and fend off everything they can throw, then when they have nothing but swords and arms, we'll send our own volley back... whoever is left we engage in battle" he said casually. Sure it wasn't a perfect plan, but it was at least half decent. He waited for the Griffon to grab a shield and his weapon choice before heading towards the door.

As he moved into the hallway he raised the shield in front of him, ready for the impact of spears and crossbow bolts.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 pm

(((A combination of you not posting, and the realization that I now have time to make a better post, have leaned me towards the inclination to completely rewrite this post.)))

The surly griffin took up a shield and spear, and moved besides the hippogriff. He locked shields with him, and the barrage of spears and arrows deflected from their stalwart barrier. The shields clanged against the assembled bombardment, and as time went on the rush of projectiles began to peter out.

The griffin cautiously began to advance forward, shield still raised...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Leo said nothing as he pressed forward, making sure the Gryphon beside him stayed close and kept pace as they moved forward. Their projectiles nearly depleted it would only be a mater of time. Leo took up the shield on a single pawed arm and hefted the Crossbow with his other as he fired back over their shield, attempting to push them back into cover or whittle them down as much as he could.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm

The crossbow bolt struck true, rendering the griffin a mass of heaving feathers and blood. He gasped for air, the bolt having penetrated his lung and aortal artery, before collapsing into a heap. The other griffins were further up the stairwell, and saw that they could no longer hold it, so began retreating back into their recreational room.

Herakles advanced forwards to the stairs, and peered upwards to see if there were any defenders. Seeing none, he began a gradual ascent up, vigilant in regards to his watch for advancing griffins.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Leo threw the shield aside as they retreated, taking up the crossbow as he stalked forward. He moved silently, aiming forward as he pulled the arm back. The arrow loaded he reached the next floor, firing at the first Gryphon he saw before sliding into cover.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm

The bolt sailed and thudded against an upturned cafeteria table. The griffins had taken positions behind the tables, and one griffin tried to pry off the boards that were sealing shut the windows with its claws. The griffins made good with the use of short bows, and launched arrows at the the unshielded hippogriff as he crossed the threshold.

Herakles was behind Leo, and made a movement as if to pass his shield forward to Leo.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2