MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated) Empty OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 am

Oct 29, Year 4

The Griffin Headquarters was an ugly, squat building, full of ugly, squat griffins. Many of whom just wanted to preen their feathers and call it a day.

But the Griffin Headquarters has an Undergrowth, a basement level not reachable by anyway but a hidden stairwell. The Praetor led Zwaehander through the offices, finally reaching an innocuous office, shutting the door behind the two. "I know you aren't much for small-talk, but what'd you think of the Generals speech?" asked the Praetor.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:34 am

Zweihander signed a reply.

"I was of the opinion it was bluster, a bluff if you will. Feliks always was one for 'shock and awe'. Except, so I've heard, in the bedroom. Apparently, Feliks sword isn't well honed, if you catch my meaning. And the Guerillas? They seem crack, but nowhere near as dangerous as the centurions. Why, less than half were mad."

Lifting his sallet helm's visor, he prepared to meet with his superior.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: OGI MEETING 1, Tisis and Zweihander [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:45 am

(((Im going to split up my Praetor from the Prudentate, so I don't have to Rp two characters at once.)))

The Praetor laughed, shaking his head and slapping his knee. "That is- heresy, but funny heresy, so it gets by this time," The Praetor giggled, losing some composure.

"Im afraid I can't lead you in this time. The Prudentate has me scrambling to perform damage control in the face of these Guerillas. Many of our spies, as you are no doubt aware, are a bit peeved by the idea of having roughnecks running about whilly-nilly, without any bit of supervision. You know how it is. Just press the button on the wall, and you've seen the rest. Down the stairs, past the... interrogation rooms."

The Praetor left the room, leaving the Centurion to his devices.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 am

Zweihander straightened his armor, making himself appear presentable. Looking behind him, to make sure no griffon had wandered in after Praetor August left, he activated the button located on the wall, in a secret compartment, which only cult members had the key for. The desk slid forward, revealing a stairwell underneath. Proceeding down, he activated a lever on the wall of the stairwell, sliding the desk backwards, hiding the entrance once more. Adjusting his eyes to the darkness, Zweihander proceeded to descend. The further he descended, the lighter it became, gradually. Switching from a murky black, to a shaded gloom, and finally to a sterile brightness, he reached the entrance hall. Two Centurion Prefecta, the elite members of the cult, stood watch. Giving a "Griffons Kiss" greeting, he pecked his claw, and raised it towards the guards. Standing at attention, they saluted the Centurion Prima. Unanimously, they gave the cult greeting.

"AVE, CENTURION PRIMA!" Motioning for them to remain at ease, he passed by. the Interrogation rooms. Oddly enough, they were silent. That was a very bad sign. If the Prudentate of the Prudentatae was not interrogating, he was very busy indeed. Rushing past several auxilia (non-military personnel), clanking in his armor all the while, he reached the Prudentates Chambers. Knocking on the heavy Everfree Oak wood, he waited for a confirmation.

Last edited by Zweihander on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:36 am

A muffled scrambling could be heard on the other side of the door. "What- ah shit, uh... gimme a second."

Suddenly, the door flew open, to reveal the bewildered and sleep deprived visage of the Prudentate. "Ah! Zweihander! I was worried It was the Praetor again- I swear, all this pressure and his head's going to fall of his shoulders. Come in- I just finished going over some of the paperwork, and UGh-"

The Prudentate doubled over, gripping his stomach. He seemed like he was going to wretch, but he quickly regained his composure. "I'm sorry, its my nerves. I was nearly assassinated this morning- the pony we were interrogating had some sort of bomb planted in their chest. We lost at least three days worth of use in that room now. But come in-"

Tisis backed into the room, gesturing to the open seating arrangments. The room was a large office, and the desk was far back from the entryway. It took the Prudentate a short while to reach his desk and turn around.

The room itself was like a bunker- short, and squat, but the proper amenities had been provided for. Everfree Oak shelves lined with books and files led deep into the room. Banners bearing the vigils of the Prudentate, the Office of Griffin Intelligence, and the Griffin Kingdom lay scattered about the room. Behind the desk a massive shield adorned the wall, crossed by spears bearing the banners of both the Prudentate, and the regiment from which the Prudentate hailed.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 am

Unbuckling his helm, Zweihander removed it from his head so he could get "fresh" air. Cracking the kinks out of his neck, he was thankful that he rarely was required to stand on ceremony. Giving the Prudentate a curt nod, Zweihander sat in a chair, facing his superior directly. Putting a fist to his chest, he bowed his head. After the informal greeting, he gave the Prudentate his paperwork, which detailed Centurion training, recruitment, and losses. After the dossier was placed neatly on the table, he sat passively, awaiting the Prudentate to give the one-sided monologue all too common I'm conversations with Zweihander.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

The Prudentate walked behind his desk, and opened up the dossier. He read it in complete silence, flipping through the pages in an almost idle fashion, before pushing the file to the side. "You know- these conversations always seem like one-sided monologues to me, but I can't ever seem to pin exactly why it irks me so much. Its not like any of my other subordinates ever say anything- a salute and a 'Yes Sir!' and they're on their way. Wierd, I guess, the way that the mind works."

Antony sat, silent for a moment, gradually unsettling himself in appearance. "But- you know what my other subordinates don't do?"

"They don't kill half a neighborhood and expect me to somehow remove all material evidence afterwords. Do you, get me?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Zweihander tensed up. It was not his fault that the incident downtown had occurred. He signed to Tisis;

"You cannot honestly expect Vengeance to behave without a handler. Things went very wrong, very fast. A thief, Iris is all I have been able to ascertain, is the culprit who released Vengeance. All casualties should be placed on her shoulders. But, if I am not mistaken, you already know this. All that matters is that the witnesses were hushed, and the Griffons families are taken care of. They are taken care of, correct? The standard cut of my pay, if you have not already done so."

Finishing his reply, Zweihander fiddled with his helmet.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm

"You are a very lucky griffin Mr. Zweihander. It is extremely fortuitous that we have so many inscrutable griffins in this city. We had the rampage labeled as a Guerrilla raid- the bodies of the griffins, they were casualties cause by rebel resistance. So we were able to compensate the families. It was a close thing too. My Praetor was advising me to have the families disappear- but he acts like those things are easy to do."

"And the pay has already been docked, Mr. Zweihander. But all this is old news. I didn't call you in here today because I wanted to bark at you like an old dog. I brought you in here today, so that we may discuss in further detail the nature of your treatment. We have good news."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

He perked up. Good news? Zweihander leaned forward in his seat expectantly. Anything to do with his condition was good news for him. Nodding at Tisis to continue, he awaits the news.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Tisis reached into his desk, removing yet another file from the many that filled it. "This is the research on your affliction that's been completed. It isn't much, but its just the tip of the iceberg. We had a breakthrough, in understanding the exact nature of the curse that binds you so- someone sold an innocuous relic from one of Celestia's library to one of our agents, and it turns out to be relevant. It would seem that in the weeks after the war began, Unicorn scholars were scrambling to revive old curse texts in order to be put to use in the war effort. This-" Tisis said, thumbing the folder, "Is a copy of a lengthy scroll, that documents their efforts."

"We're confident that the curse used on you can was one of the curses brought back into existence by their research. We just need to trace the exact piece of literature that details it."

"Now, normally I wouldn't get your hopes up, but the scroll is here in Manehatten."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm

In his excitement, Zweihanders pupils started to dilate; an obvious warning sign of an episode. This was very important. All of his days of worry could be over, and his many trials and tribulations vindicated. Breathing heavily, he sat there, in his chair, unmoving.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm

The griffin officer didn't notice the eye dilation, but saw Zweihander tense up. His anticipation was palpable, so the griffin officer thought it better to lighten the mood.

"Are you thirsty- you uh, look very thirsty. Here, some wine from Pegasae." Antony pulled a long bottle from beneath his desk, retrieving some glasses from the drawer. "I keep a wine cooler underneath here, a wondrous piece of technology. It keeps the wine just at the right temperature."

Two wine glasses were filled to the rim, and one was pushed towards the Centurion. The Prudentate insisted- to take the edge off.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Zweihander looked at the wineglass. Using the devious portion of his brain he seldom let others see, he motioned to grab Tisis' glass. He had no intentions of drinking anything his Prudentate gave him; he hasn't survived being the Centurion Prima at 21 for being foolish.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Antony laughed at his Prima's suspicions, and downed both glasses in quick succession. "I'm glad that your a wary sort, Centurion, but If you need to fear your superiors then I'm ashamed that I've given that impression."

"Since you are so excited by this news, then I suppose that I can give you your next mission. You are no doubt aware that we are receiving several Centurion reinforcements from Las Pegasus. Well, what my Praetor has advised me, is that these Centurion are also bringing in a relic from the same. A piece of magical trinket that may or may not be relevant to this endeavor. I want you to meet them at the outskirts of the city, and ensure it reaches this building without incident. The Praetor will be their as well, to notify the Centurion's of your rank and position as their superior."

Tisis hid away the glasses, and gestured to a small box. "I need you to give that box to the Praetor when you meet up. Its... insurance."

The Prudentate stood up in salute, a signal that the meeting had ended.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Zweihander stood, and gave a salute in return. Picking up the small box, he secreted it in one of several small pouches hidden in his armor. You never knew what you needed to hide sometimes, and always better to be safe than sorry. Doing a crisp, military about-face, he walked out the door of the chambers. Replacing his helm on his head, he went to the armory. He knew he was going to be meeting the Praetor, and Centurions. But, he did not know what Centurion rank they could be. Exitas, Custodes, or Prefecta; they were all dangerous.

Zweihander reached the armory with little fuss. The blacksmith there, a soot-grey auxiliary named Ivan Hammerhold, took one look at him, then reached underneath the counter. When his claws emerged from under the counter, a thin, needle like dagger was produced. Taking gingerly in his own claws, he took a standard fencers stance with the light foil. Making a few experimental thrusts and parries to get a feel for the blade, Zweihander was stisfied with how it handled. Nodding in satisfaction to Hans, Zweihander left the base. He had a package to claim.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm

(((WE will move the action of this thread to the location of your mission, which starts at the outskirts. Depending on the direction it takes, I may or may not make several threads to accomodate it.)))

Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down