MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date)

+2
Contra Wain
Maya Blackwing
6 posters

Go down

The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date) Empty The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date)

Post by Maya Blackwing Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Oct 30, Year 4

Maya was a bit nervous and aroused, she never leaded a bar before. Of course she had some experiences with mixing drinks and selling alcohol, but to run her own bar could be more difficult. Within a few days she transformed the old derelicted warehouse , which she got for few bits, into acceptable and chic bar.
She had to throw out a lot of trash, wich must have been stacked here for years.
Right after she tidyed it up, the renovation started: she replaced the old woodenplanks on the floor, changed the lightbulbs and cunstructed a counter.
Summond up it was much hard work for one pony, but the result was totaly worth it.

The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date) Bar_2_10

Well, I´ve tidied up everything so far, put on some good music and the booze is stowed behind the counter.
I hope that someone would come to the bar, now that curfew starts in 2 hours.

She went behind the bar and started the music. Then she stares full of expections at the door.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date) Empty Re: The Grand Opening [Closed] (Date)

Post by Contra Wain Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Looking around him self, Contra Wain made sure he wasn't followed before resuming his way towards the place he was staying for the time being. While looking around, Contra spotted something he hadn't seen before. A new sign hanging before a old warehouse. Curious, Contra decide to check the sign out.
Looking at it, Contra read The Steelhoof Bar.

"A bar? Haven't been in one since before the war. I wonder what they have here." Contra said before heading in to the bar. Opening the door, Contra looked inside. Seeing no one in there, Contra got suspicious and called "Any one in here?"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Merchant/Smuggeler

http://shanaarwot.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 pm

"Welcome to the steelhoof bar" blackwing said visibly happy that she got a guest. "Well, what do you prefer to drink, we have cider, beer, whiskey or rum."
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Looking around searching for the source of the voice, Contra spotted a mare behind the bar. "Oooohhh hi, didn't see you there. Sorry about that." Contra said before taking another look around the room trying to see if nothing was wrong in there.
Seeing nothing wrong, Contra made his way towards the bar before taking a seat on one of the seats in front of the bar.
"A beer please"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 pm

"then i get 10 bits for it but you are my first guest so its 7 bits for you" she said while she filled a glass with beer and placed the glass on the counter.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 pm

"Thanks" Contra said putting 7 bits on the bar. Grabbing the beer, Contra looked around. "Looks pretty nice, thought a bit silent." Contra said before taking a bit sip of the beer. Winching a bit from the taste of the beer, Contra asked "So where do you get you stuff from or do you make your own?"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 pm

A hooded stallion enters the bar, carrying an old acoustic guitar on his cloak covered back, he moves slowly, looking around, his face covered by the shadow of the hood, he stops in the middle of the bar, his tail waving around nervously.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Revolution
Profession: Bard

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 pm

"the Bar? or the aclcohol?" she asked, but then answered it herself." the Bar was an old warehouse before I got for a few bits. and the booze are reserves i had. but i have to find a new booze suplier. did you know one?."

then blackwing noticed the pony with the guitar on his back. "good evening mister and welcome in the steelhoof bar, what can i bring you." she asked him.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm

String looks over to Blackwing and smiles "Just an answer..." he takes his hood off finally revealing his face "Is there room for a wandering bar to play?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Jack has done his shopping and walks back to the farm. Suddenly he notices a new sign "The Steelhoof". A bar? He really could need some conversation. He trots to the door and enters. He recognize the two stallions in the bar. One is String and the other one he saws at the main street.
"Hello everypony" he says as he walks to the counter. "Do you have whiskey?" he asks the mare behind the counter.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 am

"I know some places where I can get it for you, thought it depends on what you want?" Contra Wain said before reaching out his hoof to shake with the mare behind the bar. "The name is Contra Wain. Merchant and transporter at your service"

Hearing some others come in, Contra turned his head and saw more ponies come in.
"Hi and welcome to the Steelhoof. Here they have some of the finest whiskey, cider, rum and beer this side of Manehattan. Please come and sit. The lovely owner of this bar will probably have what you seek. Don't forgot to tip." Contra said.
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am

Maya looked at Contra and shaked his hand "Blackwing is my name.
Well what I need is alcohol. Beer, cider, whiskey ,rum, just everything, because my reserves won't last forever.
So if you know somepony, who produces it, it would be great. And if you can bring me the alcohol we could make some business together."

Maya turned to the bard "Sure you can play here, but I won´t pay you. You must earn your money from the guests." Maya said.
"Maybe you'll get a free beer, but only if you are good enough."

Then she turned to the old stallion "Sure we have" Maya said and filled a small glass with whisky. "That would be 15 bits."she said as she gave him the glass.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 am

String nods and then sits in the far corner, on a chair, alone, he smiles at everypony around and then starts playing slowly (blackwing, you decide if this brings many ponies) his tunes start filling up the pub, they are slow, relaxing, kind of magical, deep tunes, reaching everypony's ears.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestar Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Blue Star walks in to the bar, dust mites floating under the lights creating a smoky atmosphere. Still a little rustled up by his encounter with that strangely kind griffon in the main street last night. How he found himself here is anyponies guess. He walks up to the bar and asks for the smoothest they got for five bits. Taking a seat on a nearby stool he looks at the nearby patrons, but avoiding eye contact. They all seemed a little agitated, but that might just be the sight of a new face. He hated starting out in new towns.
bluestar
bluestar
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet
Profession: Teacher/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:17 pm

"When do you need it, how much do you need and where do you want it delivered?" Contra asked Blackwing. "Do you also need anything else? I might be able to get it for you."

Looking at the new pony who came in and just sat at the bar didn't order anything, Contra asked. "And you my good friend. What can this lovely mare get for you to drink today? There is Beer, whiskey, Cider, Rum. Take your pick"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestar Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Looking up at the bar mare he decides to order "I'll have two fingers of your cheapest whiskey please ma'am. Fine looking establishment you've got, do run it all by yourself?"
bluestar
bluestar
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm

"The first thing is, what will it cost?" Maya asked Contra "I dont want to do bad business. But when your prices aren't to high we could make a deal.I don´t know how much I need, I have to wait until I know how many ponies will come every day and then look how much they drink.But when I know the amount I will contact you. By the way, where can I find you, if I need something? The best would be to make the delivery for an entire week and then you can bring it to the backside, there's my storage."

She turned over to Bluestar "There is no such thing like cheap whiskey," she said a bit irritated.
"You can get the normal one, but it costs 15 bits per glass, wich includes two fingers of whiskey. And yes I run this bar by my self."
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm

String calls over to Blackwing "SO, can i have a room, if there's any to rent?" continuing his performance.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:25 pm

"mmm let me see" Contra said before doing some calculation in his head.
If I get whiskey from Moonshine, it will cost me about 225 bits a barrel. I think you can get about 30 shots from one. Rum is going to be hard. probably going to need to check around the docks for that. Beer is pretty easy. 150 if I get it a Waste barley. Cider is harder. Last time is sold one, was 3 years ago, Got to look if that griffon still sells it.

"K, I can get you a barrel of whiskey for 275 bits and a barrel of beer for 200 bits. But if you want to contact me, just come and see me at my shop on the main street. It is in one of the side streets. It is called The Wain." Contra told Blackwing.

Last edited by Contra Wain on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Jack takes a sip of the whiskey. It isn't really bad, it almost tastes like his own one he produces in his basement.It's kinda his hobby. In the last years he produced about 50 liters of whiskey and he won't drink it all on his own.
He looks up. "Hey barkeeper. Come a little bit closer."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

"Sounds good.but please wait a moment contra" maya said
"sorry this isn´t an inn, so you have to leave when i close." maya said t the bard and then turned to gray "what do you want old stallion?"
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestar Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Blue Star waits for the mare to finish her business with the other pony before signalling her back to his end of the bar. "I'll have two finger of whiskey if you would be so kind." While the mare prepare the drink he decided to inquire about local news to the pony sitting a seat down from him. "How's it going mate? I'm Blue Star, just arrived in town yesterday evening. You sure do have some funny griffons around these parts."
bluestar
bluestar
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am

Taking a wander around the city, moving from street to street with no particular destination, Tayari sees a new sign: " 'Steelhoof bar', eh?" Before he dismisses the store, another part of the sign catches his eye; 'No griffons'? Pausing to think, Tayari considers, "No griffins means they're more likely sympathetic to rebels. Which means rebels are more likely to show up. Three years is too long to go without finding any rebels to join."
With more definite purpose, Tayari approached and entered the establishment, immediately seeing and walking to the bar. A glance around shows the bartender occupied with another customer, a number of strangers, and, as Tayari thought quietly, "Is that the one from the campsite?"
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:24 am

String's ears perk up and he stops playing he quickly stands up and gallops out of the bar, not even a 'Goodbye' he jsut wooshes out.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 pm

"If you need cheap whisky I have enough at my farm. I would sell it for 175 bits a barrel and I need the barrels back. But don't tell anypony about the booze, I really don't need ponies who loot my farm", he whispers to the bartender.
"By the way I'm Jack."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

175 bits a barrel is a fucking great deal Maya looked to Contra, to check if he listened.
"Well, that sounds really good Jack. The price is very good. I would be an idiot, if I'd say no to this deal, but how do you will get it from your farm to the bar?" Maya whispered to the stallion.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:25 pm

He smirks and whispers:"Let me worry about that.Do we have a deal?"
The transport of the barrels won't be the problem. Jack already carried heavier things on his back, but many ponies and gryphons these days have alcohol problems and Jack is afraid that they'll rob him, so he needs some protection. Maybe his new assistant can help him.
Jack drinks another sip.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Maya smiled "We have a deal" then she turned to the zebra
"Can I bring you something?" she said "We have cider, rum, whiskey and beer."
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Tayari smiled as he responded, "Some cider would be great, thanks. How much does it cost?" He proceeds to pull out a small bag of bits, in preparation for her response.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Maya filled a glass with cider and then said " 12 Bits please"

She went back to contra. "Back to you Contra.The whiskey is to expensive, but I would take the beer.
So I will show up at "The Wain" when I know how much alcohol I´ve to buy.
And till then you could check if you can get rum somewhere."
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Tayari drew out twelve bits from the bag, and left them on the counter for the bartender while he quietly drank his cider. At the same time, he listened to the sounds of the bar, more out of boredom than anything else.
After finishing his glass, the zebra thanked the bartender and left the bar, noting to himself that he'd have to return some time, if not for the comfortable atmosphere and possibilities then at least for the quality drinks.
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 pm

What the? What is this guy, some kind of hill billy or something? Who makes there own whiskey here? Great. Contra thought hearing Jack undermine him with a better deal.
Turning to Blackwing, "Yes I can do that. Do you know where you it is?"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Maya remembered a little shop with this name she has seen on the mainstreet.
"It is the little shop on the mainstreet, or isn´t it? I remember that i´ve saw a sign with "The Wain" there."

"I want to remember everypony, " she said loudly "the curfew will start in 30 minutes, when you have to go a long way home, you better leave now.
I won't allow you to stay here over night. When you want to stay a little bit longer here right after the curfew, do it, but when I close I will throw you all out!"

Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestar Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 am

Finding the service lacking and no company to be had before the curfew rolled around, he walked out of the bar. Standing in the bright glow of the evening sun, a thought occurred to him. He had no where to go, last night he simply passed out in a random doorway after being confronted by that Griffon. Perhaps he could catch up with that Zebra he saw leave a few minutes ago. Looking around he saw some dust still hanging in the air to his left and decided to head in that direction and see what happens.
bluestar
bluestar
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down